This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Ill flame wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 12:05 am https://www.liberty.edu/news/2023/02/22 ... l-support/

I'm curious how much this will affect the search for the next president. He was chairman of the President and Chancellor Search Committee.
Probably a 2 year delay
Sly Fox liked this
Since the LU official website hasn't yet updated since his passing, it is tough to tell how they are adjusting assignments. He has been a power broker on the board for decades and was sitting on the Exec Committee in addition to chairing the Search Committee. They may or may not temporarily fill his position on the Exec Committee but they likely have to wait until the next collective meeting of the board to do so. That is part of the peril of having your top board leadership all stilted toward octogenerians. Then again, Prevo has pretty much operated as he has pleased the past few years regardless of Robert's Rules of Order. I do suspect they have a Vice Chair on the Search Committee who will step into that role.
The school has removed Bud's name from their public site listing the Board of Trustees. They have not replaced him on either the Executive Committee or the Presidential Search Committee. The latter now is without an acting chairperson.

Current Executive Committee:
Carroll Hudson - Chairman
Tim Lee
Jerry Prevo
David Rhodenhizer
Jerry Vines

Presidential & Chancellor Search Special Committee
Anthony Beckles
Jonathan Falwell
Carroll Hudson
Richard Lee
Tim Lee