This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

phoenix wrote: January 3rd, 2023, 9:39 am Love to see more courses in Lynchburg. I learned at Peak's View about 15 years ago.
Lynchburg/Campbell County is definitely is lacking courses compared to Bedford County. There is a new beginner/intermediate course just opened at Timbrook Park. It is a 9 hole course with an additional 9 coming in the future. Tee signs are supposed to be put in soon, but baskets and tee pads are in place. Fun little course. LC has a fun 9 hole course, but there is absolutely no course maintenance at all. There has been a tree down on #2 for months. Trees down all around 3. And the tee pads are like throwing off an ice rink.

Its worth the drive to head out to Bedford County and play Falling Creek, Independence, Moneta or New London (if you're up for it)

I'm also hopeful that Ivy Hill becomes a permanent course. The land is just perfect for a great Disc Golf Course
Timbrook is less than 2 miles from my house so I was thrilled to see that one go in. The back 9 are supposed to be in this spring. Bedford definitely leads the way in the local scene because of one man - Kenny Palmer with BC parks and rec. He also designed and set up Timbrook on a volunteer basis. The man gets mad props in my book. I would love to see more in Campbell county as well. Kenny said the Campbell county head of parks and rec is very excited about the Timbrook course so I'm hopeful that it will spread to other parks as well.
I've only been playing 2 years and wish I had discovered it decades ago.
JCS Crew, Sly Fox, Baybird liked this
Sly Fox wrote: January 6th, 2023, 4:55 pm It seems like every time I pick the sport back up I run into a shoulder issue and head back to the bench. Rotator cuffs suck.
Have you tried Pickle Ball instead? :wink:
Sly Fox wrote: January 6th, 2023, 4:55 pm I'm about to get back out again as our church is setting up a course.
Our church has a bunch of unused wooded land at the back of the property, and one of our deacons is big into disc golf and has helped build & maintain some of the courses in the area. So him and our youth group built a 9 hole course back in the woods, available for anyone in the area to use.

4130 Waterlick Rd in Forest.
flamehunter, Baybird, Cider Jim and 1 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]