This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I'm willing to bet that this documentary will be more focused on his relationship with Trump, as opposed to anything else.
Purple Haize liked this
If they are pushing the angle that Falwell’s endorsement of Trump was because of Michael Cohen blackmail and they have receipts, that would be a very interesting wrinkle in American history. I doubt they do, and it’s my understanding that Cohen’s involvement with the Falwells came after the endorsement.

It seems to me that it’s focused on sex scandal stuff, which I understand is what will play well to a broad audience, but it’s the least interesting part for me. I’ll probably watch out of morbid attachment to the story.

Also, Tom Arnold has weirdly inserted himself in this stuff, culminating in him hitting on Beth Moore on Twitter.
We have read the stories about the pool boy, the personal trainer, and the band member, but the burning question is how many more people were victimized by the Falwells? Exactly how big is this scandal? It would be foolish to believe they limited their predatory behavior to just these three individuals.

It would be interesting to see how deep this goes and to what lengths those within the LU ecosystem are going to protect the brand from both the sex scandal and the financial mismanagement scandal (which has received far less attention). I bet Prevo and the ExCom pray daily that an agency with subpoena power does not jump into this mess and start asking the hard questions.
The Demise of Jerry Falwell Jr. Makes for Great Media Fodder

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... odder.html

Falwell’s behavior was shameful, and much of that corruption is coming to light through the projects named above. But what about the system that he led? What about the leaders at Liberty who failed to hold him accountable? What other damaging consequences need exposure and correction?

To this point, Liberty has avoided a reckoning. Instead, it has promised investigations that two years on seem little more than appeasement and impression management. As more Falwell and Liberty coverage mounts, we have a responsibility to no longer accept those fig leaves.
Whatisthetruth wrote: November 8th, 2022, 5:28 pm The Demise of Jerry Falwell Jr. Makes for Great Media Fodder

Falwell’s behavior was shameful, and much of that corruption is coming to light through the projects named above. But what about the system that he led? What about the leaders at Liberty who failed to hold him accountable? What other damaging consequences need exposure and correction?

To this point, Liberty has avoided a reckoning. Instead, it has promised investigations that two years on seem little more than appeasement and impression management. As more Falwell and Liberty coverage mounts, we have a responsibility to no longer accept those fig leaves.
Christianity today is nothing but pseudo christian drivel
Whatisthetruth wrote: November 8th, 2022, 5:28 pm The Demise of Jerry Falwell Jr. Makes for Great Media Fodder

To this point, Liberty has avoided a reckoning. Instead, [b]it has promised investigations that two years on seem little more than appeasement and impression management.[/b] As more Falwell and Liberty coverage mounts, we have a responsibility to no longer accept those fig leaves.
Although I'm not "in the know"....it seems this might be somewhat accurate.
ATrain liked this
Tnobes wrote: November 8th, 2022, 7:10 pm

It should be illegal for these bitter and disgruntled employees to criticize the LU leadership. The current LU executive team is the most impressive collection of godly men since the 12 disciples.
Whatisthetruth wrote: November 9th, 2022, 11:14 am
Tnobes wrote: November 8th, 2022, 7:10 pm

It should be illegal for these bitter and disgruntled employees to criticize the LU leadership. The current LU executive team is the most impressive collection of godly men since the 12 disciples.
I cannot tell if you're a parody account or really believe some of the things you say. As someone who was near a lot of this, I'm gonna say parody.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]