This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By badger74
Registration Days Posts
LOTS of positive comments. Everywhere I go people seem to like it. Hope they make back the investment.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
The food court is somewhat of an "astroturfing". In other words most of the restaurants are just sodexho/lu dining pretending to be 3 or 4 different high end fast food places. So while it's a genius idea, like an easy shot in the arm to get the mall alive, the food quality is not great. But you really do feel like it's thriving
By rhezick
Is CFA still there or did that go away when the drive through only started construction on their new place?
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: December 14th, 2021, 3:54 pm Is CFA still there or did that go away when the drive through only started construction on their new place?
It is still there. That store is owned by the Wards Rd franchisee not the drive thru only franchisee.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Best meal at the mall now is the Iron and Ale restaurant. It's never crowded in the afternoon, and they and great soups and sandwiches at a reasonable price.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Last time I went sometime in the last half of 2021, the refresh looked pretty nice. Still generally not much of anything in the mall I actually want to go to, but that's been the case for like 20ish years now, if not longer, so I wasn't expecting anything to change in that regard. BUT it did look aesthetically pleasing and basically anything is better than an empty store.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: June 23rd, 2022, 10:09 am Have they finished the work they were doing in the food court yet?
I believe the indoor food court is finished, but I think they are adding outdoor eating were Macy's used to be.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]