This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Wheaton alum with strong credentials. He could come in handy for other legal matters the school is currently facing.
Liberty News Release wrote:Former State Department Ambassador Morse Tan selected to head Liberty University School of Law
November 16, 2021 : By Office of Communications & Public Engagement

Liberty University has announced that Morse Hyun-Myung Tan has been named the new dean of Liberty University School of Law. Tan will assume his duties on Jan. 1, 2022.

Most recently, Tan served as Ambassador at Large for the U.S. State Department’s Office of Global Criminal Justice, where he oversaw the indictment, sanctioning, capture, and/or conviction of war criminals in Sri Lanka, Rwanda, the Balkans, and Lebanon. In his professional law career, Tan has served briefly as an attorney and counselor at law for major law firms. He has worked primarily in legal academia and has published numerous law review articles and delivered presentations on bioethics and international human rights, most notably as an expert on North Korea. Tan has served as a law professor or visiting scholar at University of Texas at Austin School of Law, University of St. Thomas School of Law, Florida Coastal School of Law, Northern Illinois University College of Law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, and Handong International Law School in Pohang, Korea, where he took part in founding the first American J.D. program in Asia. Ambassador Tan authored “North Korea, International Law and the Dual Crises” (Routledge). He has taught courses on North Korean policy, international criminal law, international human rights, bioethics, and constitutional law.
Click Here for Full Story
By lawdawg2002
This seems to be a strong hire. Probably would have liked to seen some administrative duties in academia, but he checks all the other boxes. I don't know the set up of the law school and the university, but the law school seems to have its act together.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
lawdawg2002 wrote:This seems to be a strong hire. Probably would have liked to seen some administrative duties in academia, but he checks all the other boxes. I don't know the set up of the law school and the university, but the law school seems to have its act together.
And I believe their professors have tenure as well, from what I understand, unlike other schools at the university.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]