This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 1st, 2021, 10:16 pm Whether he would want it or not, Dr. Voddie Baucham would be perfect as president for the University.
:roll: You mean a guy with a history of health problems and not having health insurance? Either that, or he was lying about it. Doesn't sound too smart to me.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Really doesn't matter who holds the official president title. Anybody who knows anything about anybody or anybody about anything already knows that Charles Billingsley is the initial Person of Consequence. And if you want access to the real leader, you have to go through Billingsley. There's no other way. And that real leader who is lurking in the shadows is the same person that has always really been in charge of this place. I speak of Robbie Hiner. Or the Big Hiner as he's known in the inner sanctum. Respect the Hiner.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
*Chef's kiss* Bravo. Perfection, I've seen enough...I'm calling it.

paradox wrote:Really doesn't matter who holds the official president title. Anybody who knows anything about anybody or anybody about anything already knows that Charles Billingsley is the initial Person of Consequence. And if you want access to the real leader, you have to go through Billingsley. There's no other way. And that real leader who is lurking in the shadows is the same person that has always really been in charge of this place. I speak of Robbie Hiner. Or the Big Hiner as he's known in the inner sanctum. Respect the Hiner.
JK37, flamehunter, Sly Fox and 2 others liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 8:30 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: November 1st, 2021, 10:16 pm Whether he would want it or not, Dr. Voddie Baucham would be perfect as president for the University.
:roll: You mean a guy with a history of health problems and not having health insurance? Either that, or he was lying about it. Doesn't sound too smart to me.
I think I would like to see someone who is pretty vanilla, an academic, and loves athletics. We could do without self-made controversy for awhile. This guy ain't it.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Tomorrow is when the trustees start meeting. I’d imagine Save71, Scott Lamb, and other folks are planning something related.

If leadership change is in the cards, that would come after the trustees have met.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Maybe Jonathan's not as an amazing a person as some of you guys seem to think.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 9:58 am Tomorrow is when the trustees start meeting. I’d imagine Save71, Scott Lamb, and other folks are planning something related.

If leadership change is in the cards, that would come after the trustees have met.

I thought the protest is on Friday? Either way they’re making it seem like it’s a big deal so who knows.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts

Well, there ya go. I’ve been thinking for a while that we needed to get Rachel Denhollander down here and pay for her to stay until all of this is appropriately addressed. Getting someone like her or Boz to come advise the process would do wonders to bolster trust that the admin is taking this seriously.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Going back to the original premise of this thread, it appears the board did take note of Prevo's political pontifications and him hiring cronies from Alaska to his political pet project:
Liberty News Release wrote:the Trustees voted unanimously to approve or revise 10 institutional policies which strengthen the university’s processes for governing its business conduct and executive management. The policies related to ethics in business conduct, conflicts of interest, nepotism, acquisition processes, whistleblower protections, political limits training for 501(c)3 organizations and training on the new policies, among others.
Click Here for Full release

I am not sure how the Board can list all of those issues and nearly everyone is pointed at Prevo's complete lack of self-control in the bolded and still let him stick around with their unequivocal blessing for potentially another few years.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]