This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I went back and listened to his remarks from Convo Wednesday- he repeatedly said “when I arrived here in April…” as if he had no idea what went on at the school before then. He’s deliberately deflecting any culpability he had as chair of the executive committee. Mind you, this is April 2020 he’s talking about, so that’s plenty of time to get up to speed anyway, but he’s telling on himself- he either admits knowing this stuff and doing nothing about it or he admits being asleep at the wheel as the highest ranking member of the board.
TallyW, thepostman liked this
Exactly! He isn't brand new to the University. He wasn't some outsider who came in to clean up the mess Jr and his cronies created. He was part of the problem and has at no time taken personal responsibility for it. It would be laughable if it wasn't so sad.
Wouldn't be surprised if that gets pushed back again. I'd imagine that things could heat up again heading into the 2024 election. Can't expect a quality leader to step in until there's some kind of resolution made with a very powerful former leader who's bitter and wants to damage the school.
I don't live in Virginia so I don't know much about Kaine but a quick Google search will find LU isn't the only school he has called for investigations on. He has also focused on Tech and probably will again at some point. But I don't hold a degree from VT and since this is a thread about sexual assault at LU that is what I focus on.

The lowest of lows would be the people assaulting women and the systems in place that don't protect them.

Sadly, the only thing that will get LU to do much of anything is if there is a threat to lose their cash cow. The federal government.

But since all 3 senators are democrats it'll be framed as a "witch hunt " from the radical left. People from LU will buy it and I don't see this getting much traction.
Sure, Kaine-types may be looking for a reason to go after LU, but we seem to have always continually and aggressively supplied them reasons.

A hallmark of abusive systems is to try to frame the person uncovering the abuse as the bad guy. “We don’t talk about the family” is the mantra that perpetuates abuse. “Let’s handle this internally” can go here too. The board and administration should not be afraid of public accountability. Since they continue to operate with as little transparency as possible, they give the impression that they are hiding things. If we are truly committed to a healthy university, we need to be willing to throw open all of the windows and doors and empty the closets for the world to see. If we don’t, someone from the outside is going to come in and do it for us, which, ultimately will be for the betterment of the LU community.
k9saber, Just John liked this
stokesjokes wrote: November 10th, 2021, 11:55 am Sure, Kaine-types may be looking for a reason to go after LU, but we seem to have always continually and aggressively supplied them reasons.

A hallmark of abusive systems is to try to frame the person uncovering the abuse as the bad guy. “We don’t talk about the family” is the mantra that perpetuates abuse. “Let’s handle this internally” can go here too. The board and administration should not be afraid of public accountability. Since they continue to operate with as little transparency as possible, they give the impression that they are hiding things. If we are truly committed to a healthy university, we need to be willing to throw open all of the windows and doors and empty the closets for the world to see. If we don’t, someone from the outside is going to come in and do it for us, which, ultimately will be for the betterment of the LU community.
The wisest statement dropped in the thousands of comments on SOR...the gaslighting from LU is like a tsunami of abuse. For those of you who continue to defend the school, you would do well to self-educate on the universally recognized elements of abuse in general. They have followed the checklist step by step in their ever evolving actions. Excellent word stokesjokes.
stokesjokes liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: November 10th, 2021, 2:18 pm If my memory is correct, Class Action lawsuits cannot be filed in Virginia. State law.
They moved beyond that a long time ago. And make it about themselves by pretending to know. Those who actually may have been harmed take a back seat to these theatrics. And of course, if you don't buy in completely, or maybe exercise a little caution before taking a deep dive, then you surely support fake PR and cover-ups.
LUOrange liked this
Well if SACS doesn't have the balls to do it, maybe the DOE does. It seems that there is a minority here who just want worship the softball...or sports offerings at LU and ignore this mess under the rug. Whether we like the politics or not, isn't there value in blowing this open and cleaning it up?
I'd be less suspicious of their motives if anyone can tell me a time when either of those guys did something material to assist LU. Have they commented on that Russia thing blowing back to Clinton and Co.?? Epstein investigation on a grand scale? Dems having bad time in VA right now and LU makes a sweet punching bag.
LUOrange liked this
Jr has gone full on cuckoo for cocoa puffs......

He also addresses LU’s accusations about his drinking habits in its complaint, saying some of his actions LU attributed to “excessive alcohol intake were, instead, the result of Falwell’s diagnoses with pulmonary emboli, or clots in the lungs.”

https://newsadvance.com/news/local/libe ... b6ca4.html
Yeah, the LU administration is doing a bang up job in managing these crises. Now this ...
Deadline wrote:Liberty University Sexual Assault Scandal Explored In Non-Fiction Series From Talos Films

By Peter White
Television Editor
November 15, 2021 7:00am

EXCLUSIVE: Talos Films, the production company behind series including HBO’s Torn Apart and Discovery+’s Queen of Meth, is to explore the Liberty University sexual assault scandal in a new unscripted series.

The company has signed an exclusive deal with the women at the center of the case and the series will document their fight for justice in The Liberty University Project (w/t).

Liberty University, founded by Southern Baptist preacher Jerry Falwell Jr., has been at the center of numerous cases of alleged sexual assault over the last two decades, where the university took no meaningful action against the alleged perpetrators and sought to dismiss victims’ claims.
Click Here for Full Story

S apparently Peter is not great with facts about the founding of the school. But it appears the Gangster Capitalism crew is teaming up to take things bigger with the production company.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]