This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: October 30th, 2021, 8:02 pm Did anyone listen to his interview with Julie Roys? I thought he came off sounding pretty sympathetic as opposed to a slimeball like he does on twitter. Maybe that's because he's a PR guy. Or maybe twitter is just not a good medium for him because this involves a lot of nuance and context. Either way if what he's saying is close to true I think that would be the end of prevo. Which is good but hes just another scapegoat.
Gotta link to that interview?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Anyone think his tone comes across in the podcast as arrogant?

“I am the best friend Liberty Universoty has!”
By lawdawg2002
In general terms, I don't trust the tone and motivation of someone whose gets/got paid to spin. That being said, the substance of this letter is good. Reading between the lines and directly what he says, I think, confirms some things many people were assuming.

He admits he is not an academic and it is refreshing for someone that was in senior leadership to admit that. It is impracticable for faculty members to go to board members, true substance would be lost in white noise. The president of the faculty senate, who should be elected by the faculty, should have access to board members. That would allow a faculty member to vet faculty issues for efficiency. Any specific conflict between a faculty member and administration could be dealt with through an administration appointed ombudsman who is a faculty member.

There are models both historical and modern that would fix LU's academic problems, there is just no one in administration or on the board with experience in or knowledge of these models to even know they exist.
flameshaw, ATrain, thepostman and 1 others liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
From Lamb's comments in interviews, he did bring up a lot of his concerns that he has now put in this letter before he was fired. I have a hard time trusting Lamb but at the same time he also chose not to sign a NDA and receive what was probably a healthy sum of money with a severance package. The valid uses of NDAs are very few and far between. LU has used them at alarming rate and is the main reason more people are speaking publicly. It is the main reason that I wish an all encompassing independent investigation would happen.
By Whatisthetruth
So the university says they will allow an independent investigation yesterday then files a gag order. I don't get it..... oh wait, now I do. Yet another sham investigation designed to protect those in power.

ATrain liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Lamb does bring up some good points. My favorite one is "audit how many days the President has spent outside of Lynchburg" (or words to that effect). The President of Liberty University should stay in Lynchburg, VA. With all that's happening, this isn't the time for extended vacations.
By Whatisthetruth
The Keith Andersen issue was covered up by multiple former and current employees. This is the smoking gun that will lead to more details on the other Jane Doe claims.

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jr is going to do all he can to make himself look better in the same way Prevo is going to do all he can do make himself look better. It is why a fresh start is needed. Prevo and Jr both claim ignorance. Ignorance is not an excuse. It is what bad leaders cling to in order to save their own skin. Jr and Prevo aren't much different.
By lawdawg2002
Your right. They are both responsible. SACS requires that there literally be a chart somewhere that shows who answers to who. On that chart either the board answers to the president or the president answers to the board. When the feds come creeping around for possible Title IX violations, Jr won't be able to say they went around him and Prevo won't be able to say he's new here. These people are literally eating their cash cow piece by piece.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 5th, 2021, 11:43 am Jr is going to do all he can to make himself look better in the same way Prevo is going to do all he can do make himself look better. It is why a fresh start is needed. Prevo and Jr both claim ignorance. Ignorance is not an excuse. It is what bad leaders cling to in order to save their own skin. Jr and Prevo aren't much different.
Junior is playing for keeps. Prevo and the Board are just playing
ballcoach15 liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Excuse me for being a bit skeptical, I wonder if Jr. knew that Scott was taping the conversation?
Yeah, it’s very suspect.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 7th, 2021, 5:36 pm JLFJR didn't have to know. Virginia is a "one-party consent" state.
I know that is the case. However, I would still be interested in knowing if Jr. knew he was being taped. :dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I guess we will see is the best way to look at this because neither Lamb nor Prevo have done anything to earn my trust. I don't like the whole messy legal battle scene but it may be the only way we get to the truth since it is clear the board and Prevo don't seem to have a desire to do what it is needed for real reform.
ballcoach15, flameshaw liked this
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]