This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
It is needed but he was not the right fit. A significant amount of damage control could have been accomplished over the course of the past year with the right person in play. But that is of little consequence now.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I have to believe that the timing here is not coincidental. Lamb must be implicated in some way in the report. The next steps will be telling. He may either be made to be the fall guy or he’s the first domino.

Obviously we’re not going to get an official release of the report, but a leak from a rogue board member is in play.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 7th, 2021, 7:33 am It is needed but he was not the right fit. A significant amount of damage control could have been accomplished over the course of the past year with the right person in play. But that is of little consequence now.
1000% agree. Person in this spot should be an expert in many areas, including damage control. They wanted a yes-man acolyte who would regurgitate exactly what he was told.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
By Whatisthetruth
stokesjokes wrote: October 7th, 2021, 8:49 am I have to believe that the timing here is not coincidental. Lamb must be implicated in some way in the report. The next steps will be telling. He may either be made to be the fall guy or he’s the first domino.

Obviously we’re not going to get an official release of the report, but a leak from a rogue board member is in play.
A fall guy for sure. Prevo, Gainey, Hudson, Tim Lee., etc are the puppet masters.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: October 7th, 2021, 10:28 am
stokesjokes wrote: October 7th, 2021, 8:49 am I have to believe that the timing here is not coincidental. Lamb must be implicated in some way in the report. The next steps will be telling. He may either be made to be the fall guy or he’s the first domino.

A fall guy for sure. Prevo, Gainey, Hudson, Tim Lee., etc are the puppet masters.
No respect for a single one. I'd love to meet them in person and ask a few questions...
By tyndal23
rogers3 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 10:38 pm
Whatisthetruth wrote: October 7th, 2021, 10:28 am

No respect for a single one. I'd love to meet them in person and ask a few questions...
Post your questions here. What’s the harm? Who knows you may get them answered in a round about way...pretty sure they read this board.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Like you’d have the courage to ask if you did meet them?

Keyboards make odd shields.
I can't speak for Rogers but I know I had no issue airing my issues with Jr. directly to him.

I think you might underestimate some folks. Not everyone is intimidated by people just because of their position.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: October 8th, 2021, 9:21 am
JK37 wrote:Like you’d have the courage to ask if you did meet them?

I can't speak for Rogers but I know I had no issue airing my issues with Jr. directly to him.

I think you might underestimate some folks. Not everyone is intimidated by people just because of their position.
Same here, directly.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: October 7th, 2021, 10:52 pm Like you’d have the courage to ask if you did meet them?

Seriously? I have these kind of interactions somewhat regularly and get some public grief for it at times. Liberty isn't the only place where people of influence play a role; I guess if this is your bubble, though...

I've also had the privledge of being personally ridiculed by Jerry right here on this forum :D
By Just John
Registration Days Posts

I wonder if Lamb is shopping a book already....or has been for a while. This guy on his Twitter feed is the VP and Executive Editor of Harper Collins' conservative imprint. He certainly is teasing more info.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, Lamb obviously has an angle here, even if it is just petty revenge. If he was speaking up out of the goodness of his heart, he would have done it long ago instead of being the university’s spin guy.

Either way, if this is what it takes for us to get the truth, so be it.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Scott Lamb is a longtime literary editor/agent. He was hired by JLFJR to ghost write an autobiography and placed in his position as an avaiable spot to get him on the payroll. He was never a fit for that role. But he is exceptionally well connected in the conservative literary world.

He had a front row seat for all the drama during the JLFJR reign throgh the transition into the mess we have running the university right now. Of course he has a book in the works. This is terrific insider content that only he possesses and can profit from the proceeds. So I wouldn't expect many real revelations until he gets his manuscript in the publisher's hands.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 17th, 2021, 3:57 pm Scott Lamb is a longtime literary editor/agent. He was hired by JLFJR to ghost write an autobiography and placed in his position as an avaiable spot to get him on the payroll. He was never a fit for that role. But he is exceptionally well connected in the conservative literary world.

He had a front row seat for all the drama during the JLFJR reign throgh the transition into the mess we have running the university right now. Of course he has a book in the works. This is terrific insider content that only he possesses and can profit from the proceeds. So I wouldn't expect many real revelations until he gets his manuscript in the publisher's hands.
He was also a pastor. As far as I can tell he's a pretty slimy character. He's put up with the nonsense of Jr for years but will now go after the Board since they terminated him. A pox on all of them. (Figuratively of course).
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: October 17th, 2021, 6:32 pm ...and Scott Lamb is going to spill the beans on Prevo, Jr, and the rest of their crew.

Maybe Prevo and the BOT should come clean and start telling the truth. Just a thought....
Until this happens, don't expect any of the other issues to change.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: October 17th, 2021, 11:02 pm
Whatisthetruth wrote: October 17th, 2021, 6:32 pm ...and Scott Lamb is going to spill the beans on Prevo, Jr, and the rest of their crew.

Maybe Prevo and the BOT should come clean and start telling the truth. Just a thought....
Until this happens, don't expect any of the other issues to change.
Knowing what damage he is likely to bring, no matter how detestable he is, if the current board had the best interests of the school, they would resign prior. That would at least limit some of the damage. So we can be pretty sure they won't.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]