This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Campus is under quarantine, starting next week. https://www.liberty.edu/coronavirus/

• A campus-wide quarantine will be in effect August 30, 2021-September 10, 2021
  • All residential classes will switch to an online platform
  • All large indoor gatherings have been suspended during this period
  • Indoor dining locations will be participating in a take-out plan
It appears that the football game is not currently impacted.
By Whatisthetruth
alabama24 wrote: August 26th, 2021, 7:39 pm Campus is under quarantine, starting next week. https://www.liberty.edu/coronavirus/

• A campus-wide quarantine will be in effect August 30, 2021-September 10, 2021
  • All residential classes will switch to an online platform
  • All large indoor gatherings have been suspended during this period
  • Indoor dining locations will be participating in a take-out plan
It appears that the football game is not currently impacted.
The email sent out from Prevo quoted Keith Anderson (of Gangster Capitalism fame) several times since he heads up the health center.

It also noted employees can go back to remote work if they were previously approved.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
What a debacle. Had they just thought through common sense protocols they wouldn't be doing this. I guess I can't complain too much because I I benefited at some level. My daughter started at U of L (that would be Lynchburg) and that school seems to be clicking along just fine right now. Why is it that only Christians seem to be the ones who have to buck everything related to guidance on covid?
adam42381, stokesjokes, badger74 and 1 others liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:What a debacle. Had they just thought through common sense protocols they wouldn't be doing this. I guess I can't complain too much because I I benefited at some level. My daughter started at U of L (that would be Lynchburg) and that school seems to be clicking along just fine right now. Why is it that only Christians seem to be the ones who have to buck everything related to guidance on covid?
Glad to hear it! I've been pretty happy with the mitigation measures here at U of L.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By Whatisthetruth
Yacht Rock wrote: August 26th, 2021, 10:16 pm
rogers3 wrote:What a debacle. Had they just thought through common sense protocols they wouldn't be doing this. I guess I can't complain too much because I I benefited at some level. My daughter started at U of L (that would be Lynchburg) and that school seems to be clicking along just fine right now. Why is it that only Christians seem to be the ones who have to buck everything related to guidance on covid?
Glad to hear it! I've been pretty happy with the mitigation measures here at U of L.
I also find it strange they are waiting until Monday for these efforts to go into effect. What genius made that call? :dontgetit
By BlueBlood
rogers3 wrote: August 26th, 2021, 9:27 pm What a debacle. Had they just thought through common sense protocols they wouldn't be doing this. I guess I can't complain too much because I benefited at some level.
Did you benefit from LU being in-person initially, or will you benefit from LU’s two-week Temporary Mitigation Period?
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: August 26th, 2021, 9:27 pm What a debacle. Had they just thought through common sense protocols they wouldn't be doing this. I guess I can't complain too much because I I benefited at some level. My daughter started at U of L (that would be Lynchburg) and that school seems to be clicking along just fine right now. Why is it that only Christians seem to be the ones who have to buck everything related to guidance on covid?

It's not.
If you look at the 2 major demographic groups who are vaccine resistant, for example, while there are certainly a lot who are right wing and for the most part identify as Christians, the population with the lowest % is inner-city POC, many of whom do not.

I'm not saying that the Liberty administration is without fault here, or the students and employees for that matter. I'm sure there is plenty of blame to go around.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: August 27th, 2021, 6:56 am
rogers3 wrote: August 26th, 2021, 9:27 pm What a debacle. Had they just thought through common sense protocols they wouldn't be doing this. I guess I can't complain too much because I I benefited at some level. My daughter started at U of L (that would be Lynchburg) and that school seems to be clicking along just fine right now. Why is it that only Christians seem to be the ones who have to buck everything related to guidance on covid?

It's not.
If you look at the 2 major demographic groups who are vaccine resistant, for example, while there are certainly a lot who are right wing and for the most part identify as Christians, the population with the lowest % is inner-city POC, many of whom do not.

I'm not saying that the Liberty administration is without fault here, or the students and employees for that matter. I'm sure there is plenty of blame to go around.
The nation is losing sight of where the blame lies, communist China.

I miss the past administration more everyday :cry:
LUOrange liked this
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
There are too many hard headed individuals who refused to get vaccine. That's the biggest problem. Granted, someone did make bad call in reference to COVID polices upon start of school year.
It might be hard to make a call, when home plate is in Lynchburg, and the umpire is in Alaska or Arizona.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If Washington wasn't so creepy people might not be as hesitant. I got it but I will not preasure anyone to follow. Research it, pray about it and decide for yourself.
LUOrange liked this
By Whatisthetruth
ballcoach15 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 7:41 am There are too many hard headed individuals who refused to get vaccine. That's the biggest problem. Granted, someone did make bad call in reference to COVID polices upon start of school year.
It might be hard to make a call, when home plate is in Lynchburg, and the umpire is in Alaska or Arizona.
Do not forget most of the executive team are in their positions because of their loyalty to Jr. It is hard to get qualified individuals when covering for the boss is the only hiring metric.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 27th, 2021, 7:46 am The end times may be upon us @TH Spangler because I actually AGREE with ballcoach! :shock:
Well, I guess we now know why the 76 year old guy is in Alaska. Quarantining a bunch of healthy college students, though? But hey, this kinda stuff is going on everywhere. So, they gotta suck it up. Play the game.
LUOrange liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’m not going to blame the vaccine entirely for the LU campus situation. The fact is, they went from good COVID protocols last year to doing absolutely nothing this year. If you’re going to mandate vaccines, sure, do everything else as normal, but if you’re not, you have to be using other mitigation strategies. To do neither was negligent.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By Whatisthetruth
stokesjokes wrote: August 27th, 2021, 9:01 am I’m not going to blame the vaccine entirely for the LU campus situation. The fact is, they went from good COVID protocols last year to doing absolutely nothing this year. If you’re going to mandate vaccines, sure, do everything else as normal, but if you’re not, you have to be using other mitigation strategies. To do neither was negligent.
Too bad LU doesn’t have a medical school or a MPH program with qualified individuals to make these decisions/recommendations.

I guess until then the school will lean on Prevo’s Alaska flunkies
By cruzan_flame13
ballcoach15 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 12:03 pm There are times in life, that common sense overrides all else.
Funny when people use words that their actions do not portray. I'm not saying this in regards of ball coach, but just the experts and administrators the massages are good to trust. Common sense would show that and individual should know what's being injured in them and not trust word of mouth. Common sense would also show that cases are just cases and not evidence proof that a person is sick (especially when the recovery is 99.99997%). But hey fear this and fear that. The boogey men/things are still lurking and we are here to help you. We the people would give away anything just for comfort that is supposedly promised [yet always broken].
prototype, LUOrange liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]