This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 1:13 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 12:03 pm There are times in life, that common sense overrides all else.
Funny when people use words that their actions do not portray. I'm not saying this in regards of ball coach, but just the experts and administrators the massages are good to trust. Common sense would show that and individual should know what's being injured in them and not trust word of mouth. Common sense would also show that cases are just cases and not evidence proof that a person is sick (especially when the recovery is 99.99997%). But hey fear this and fear that. The boogey men/things are still lurking and we are here to help you. We the people would give away anything just for comfort that is supposedly promised [yet always broken].
100% agree. This is soooo stupid. It's a raspatory virus. This isn't going away - ever. We need to learn how to live with it. Use common sense principles - wash your hands - don't get in to peoples faces, keep your hands from your mouth, etc...

Then educate the student body. If you feel sick, do these things - see a doctor - take this medicine - hydrate - sleep - stay in your dorm - sleep on your stomach. Setup a campus tent for students to see doctor outside.

This goes for students and people in general - stop running to the hospital!!! if you feel like you got it - go to a clinic - get tested and then DEMAND medicine to treat congestion and cough. People are going to doctors all over the country and doctors are sending them home to take Tylenol - and then guess what? They need to go to the hospital in 3 days because they can't breath... If they just would have taken steroids', Mucinex, Vitamins, etc... they might not have to go. It's like these doctors want them to have to go to the hospital, because I have no idea why they wouldn't send them home with something.

I have spoken to 8 people, this week, who all had it - all went to doctors - and all were not given medicine, until
they demanded it. Why??? And they wonder why people don't want to take a unproven booster? How many people have died because the doctor wouldn't prescribe a steroid or a medicine to help with symptoms? My guess - THOUSANDS!! I'm guess thousands died because the they demonized hydroxychloroquine, because Trump endorsed it.

We don't need a booster (It's not a vaccine, hence the reason people still get it) - we need to wake-up and stop this madness over a virus that has a 99.2% survival rate ( and that's with crazy doctors not giving any medicine until they reach the hospital. )

GET THESE STUDENTS BACK IN CLASSROOMS!
LUOrange liked this
By cruzan_flame13
prototype wrote: August 27th, 2021, 2:24 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 1:13 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 12:03 pm There are times in life, that common sense overrides all else.
Funny when people use words that their actions do not portray. I'm not saying this in regards of ball coach, but just the experts and administrators the massages are good to trust. Common sense would show that and individual should know what's being injured in them and not trust word of mouth. Common sense would also show that cases are just cases and not evidence proof that a person is sick (especially when the recovery is 99.99997%). But hey fear this and fear that. The boogey men/things are still lurking and we are here to help you. We the people would give away anything just for comfort that is supposedly promised [yet always broken].
100% agree. This is soooo stupid. It's a raspatory virus. This isn't going away - ever. We need to learn how to live with it. Use common sense principles - wash your hands - don't get in to peoples faces, keep your hands from your mouth, etc...

Then educate the student body. If you feel sick, do these things - see a doctor - take this medicine - hydrate - sleep - stay in your dorm - sleep on your stomach. Setup a campus tent for students to see doctor outside.

This goes for students and people in general - stop running to the hospital!!! if you feel like you got it - go to a clinic - get tested and then DEMAND medicine to treat congestion and cough. People are going to doctors all over the country and doctors are sending them home to take Tylenol - and then guess what? They need to go to the hospital in 3 days because they can't breath... If they just would have taken steroids', Mucinex, Vitamins, etc... they might not have to go. It's like these doctors want them to have to go to the hospital, because I have no idea why they wouldn't send them home with something.

I have spoken to 8 people, this week, who all had it - all went to doctors - and all were not given medicine, until
they demanded it. Why??? And they wonder why people don't want to take a unproven booster? How many people have died because the doctor wouldn't prescribe a steroid or a medicine to help with symptoms? My guess - THOUSANDS!! I'm guess thousands died because the they demonized hydroxychloroquine, because Trump endorsed it.

We don't need a booster (It's not a vaccine, hence the reason people still get it) - we need to wake-up and stop this madness over a virus that has a 99.2% survival rate ( and that's with crazy doctors not giving any medicine until they reach the hospital. )

GET THESE STUDENTS BACK IN CLASSROOMS!
I'll also like to add how unhealthy people are and the lack of nutrients/vitamins people consume(plus the chemicals we consume daily). Another reality that people ignore is that the people that profit when you get sick would not try to save your life. As the FDA is getting most of their funds from big Pharma, the masses life is just a cash cow. Lets put down our pride and stop taking the word from corporations that have killed many plus continuously have recall for their products as well as individuals who have been used before for pandemics and had cause thousands of people to die while spreading fear. Remember the AIDs and SARS crisis that some people's savior Fauchi was involved in? Pepperidge farm remembers...and pepperidge farm will not just sweep these incidents under the rug either (family guy reference BTW :lol: ). We were told this guy was a fraud decades ago but still take this guy seriously. Folks have short memory spans for real. LU better not cave in because "everyone is doing it."
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
If you've been around here long enough, you know you should worry more that LU is more likely to do the opposite of what everyone else is doing because "everyone is doing it."
Honest Abe, stokesjokes liked this
By cruzan_flame13
LUconn wrote: August 27th, 2021, 3:54 pm If you've been around here long enough, you know you should worry more that LU is more likely to do the opposite of what everyone else is doing because "everyone is doing it."
I get that; I'm reassuring for those who freak out when they see numbers of anything without using analytical or God given critical skills based on emotional manipulation.
LUOrange liked this
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
This decision wasn't made exclusively because of the situation on campus, although that was a large part of it. Lynchburg General has exceeded its capacity and they need help from the community or they won't be able to treat everyone. Their COVID-19 numbers are approaching the highest they've experienced, and they lost 21 patients this month alone, 3 overnight. Most are in the 20-40 year old age group, and most are unvaccinated. A nurse at our church who works the COVID floors (two levels and counting) has shared some heart-rending stories of young, previously healthy patients who are fighting to live. She's only been a nurse for a year and it's been a baptism by fire for her.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote:This decision wasn't made exclusively because of the situation on campus, although that was a large part of it. Lynchburg General has exceeded its capacity and they need help from the community or they won't be able to treat everyone. Their COVID-19 numbers are approaching the highest they've experienced, and they lost 21 patients this month alone, 3 overnight. Most are in the 20-40 year old age group, and most are unvaccinated. A nurse at our church who works the COVID floors (two levels and counting) has shared some heart-rending stories of young, previously healthy patients who are fighting to live. She's only been a nurse for a year and it's been a baptism by fire for her.
I've heard so many of these stories here from our local medical professionals and I've seen people comment, "I don't believe it."

People have gone beyond doubting their politicians, or the media. They are doubting their neighbors. At this point, I think only some kind of personal experience will open their eyes to what's going on.

I'm thankful that our campus has been more proactive than reactive and we've been enjoying a smooth semester (so far).
By BlueBlood
rmiller1959 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 4:15 pm This decision wasn't made exclusively because of the situation on campus, although that was a large part of it. Lynchburg General has exceeded its capacity and they need help from the community or they won't be able to treat everyone. Their COVID-19 numbers are approaching the highest they've experienced, and they lost 21 patients this month alone, 3 overnight. Most are in the 20-40 year old age group, and most are unvaccinated. A nurse at our church who works the COVID floors (two levels and counting) has shared some heart-rending stories of young, previously healthy patients who are fighting to live. She's only been a nurse for a year and it's been a baptism by fire for her.
Sounds like LU is trying to be a good/responsible neighbor. I’m completely fine with that.
stokesjokes, LUOrange, rtb72 and 1 others liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Yacht Rock wrote: August 27th, 2021, 5:17 pm
rmiller1959 wrote:This decision wasn't made exclusively because of the situation on campus, although that was a large part of it. Lynchburg General has exceeded its capacity and they need help from the community or they won't be able to treat everyone. Their COVID-19 numbers are approaching the highest they've experienced, and they lost 21 patients this month alone, 3 overnight. Most are in the 20-40 year old age group, and most are unvaccinated. A nurse at our church who works the COVID floors (two levels and counting) has shared some heart-rending stories of young, previously healthy patients who are fighting to live. She's only been a nurse for a year and it's been a baptism by fire for her.
I've heard so many of these stories here from our local medical professionals and I've seen people comment, "I don't believe it."

People have gone beyond doubting their politicians, or the media. They are doubting their neighbors. At this point, I think only some kind of personal experience will open their eyes to what's going on.

I'm thankful that our campus has been more proactive than reactive and we've been enjoying a smooth semester (so far).
As what? People getting sick or dying? No one reacted like this before when folks died of flu like symptoms and auto immune diseases (before they stamped a new pandemic name in our faces and regurgitate fear and numbers down our throat). Are we going to still ignore that people are unhealthy and/or have low immunity in which we can make individuals catch sicknesses? Are we hearing anymore those experts and professionals giving healthy instructions on how to combat viruses which couldn't even survive long on surfaces? Of course not, that doesn't help them.financially speaking. Instead of reacting based on emotion (which helps them make people submit without asking questions), I'm going to do my own research which shows these people (especially the FDA) have long posts of drugs/products that has cause organ failures, sickness, terrible side effects and deaths. Everyone has a choice, give into pressure or make sure that they learn the extra details before making decisions. It's easy to approve things when the corporations that want their products passed are finding the decision maker. Hope students consider this during these times. Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 5:52 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: August 27th, 2021, 5:17 pm

As what? People getting sick or dying? No one reacted like this before when folks died of flu like symptoms and auto immune diseases (before they stamped a new pandemic name in our faces and regurgitate fear and numbers down our throat). Are we going to still ignore that people are unhealthy and/or have low immunity in which we can make individuals catch sicknesses? Are we hearing anymore those experts and professionals giving healthy instructions on how to combat viruses which couldn't even survive long on surfaces? Of course not, that doesn't help them.financially speaking. Instead of reacting based on emotion (which helps them make people submit without asking questions), I'm going to do my own research which shows these people (especially the FDA) have long posts of drugs/products that has cause organ failures, sickness, terrible side effects and deaths. Everyone has a choice, give into pressure or make sure that they learn the extra details before making decisions. It's easy to approve things when the corporations that want their products passed are finding the decision maker. Hope students consider this during these times. Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
https://usafacts.org/visualizations/cor ... rg-city-of
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 6:10 pm So either some one is fibbing or the official data is dead wrong...
I asked again; have people not died before who had auto immune diseases or other sicknesses that couldn't make them breathe? Also the test that they use to establish those cases, is it accurate for virus testing. From the creator himself, he said no. You can look into Kary Mullis' work yourself instead of looking at charts, graphs and cases in which can be manipuled easily (nationally, state and locally). I'll even post a link about the Novel Peace Prize recipient on what he thought about savior Fauchi. This is not the first time this man was placed in front of the public the spew fib to the masses.

(Funny that they've censored this interview across many platforms. This is just pieces of Mullis trying to spread actual truth to people).
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 6:23 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 6:10 pm So either some one is fibbing or the official data is dead wrong...
I asked again; have people not died before who had auto immune diseases or other sicknesses that couldn't make them breathe? Also the test that they use to establish those cases, is it accurate for virus testing. From the creator himself, he said no. You can look into Kary Mullis' work yourself instead of looking at charts, graphs and cases in which can be manipuled easily (nationally, state and locally). I'll even post a link about the Novel Peace Prize recipient on what he thought about savior Fauchi. This is not the first time this man was placed in front of the public the spew fib to the masses.

(Funny that they've censored this interview across many platforms. This is just pieces of Mullis trying to spread actual truth to people).
Dude - read the graph - zero deaths. I am antivax all the way and have hundreds of links and videos that are censored. Sick to my stomach we had a lot of our players getting vaxed. People are being lied to on a massive scale.
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 6:29 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 6:23 pm

Dude - read the graph - zero deaths. I am antivax all the way and have hundreds of links and videos that are censored. Sick to my stomach we had a lot of our players getting vaxed. People are being lied to on a massive scale.
I was not replying against what you posted. I am generally making the statement beyond the graphs because this is just common sense. Using information from the actual originators who did the research about the medical precudures that we are using now has more weight to it.
By tyndal23
stokesjokes wrote: August 27th, 2021, 7:00 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 6:29 pm People are being lied to on a massive scale.
At least we can agree on this part. The next step is trying to figure out why you’ve decided to believe them.
3 people I know dead of vaccine shot, none from Covid, common sense, uncensored data and watching globalism and US politics closely for 20 years.
LUOrange liked this
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 8:04 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 6:29 pm People are being lied to on a massive scale.
At least we can agree on this part. The next step is trying to figure out why you’ve decided to believe them.
3 people I know dead of vaccine shot, none from Covid, common sense, uncensored data and watching globalism and US politics closely for 20 years.
It'll come to the point that you'll need it in order to get daily necessities.Already occurring in France and likely other places to. The U.S. [citizens] is oblivious to it for now. We are too distracted.
By tyndal23
cruzan_flame13 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 8:23 pm

It'll come to the point that you'll need it in order to get daily necessities.Already occurring in France and likely other places to. The U.S. [citizens] is oblivious to it for now. We are too distracted.
They are trying, but data is starting to swing too hard against them. My last comment on this subject. ( unless I keep hearing LU alum mentioning mandates for LU - then I won’t keep quiet ).
LUOrange liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’m sorry for your losses, and I truly mean that. I know I probably won’t convince you otherwise, but the data and science just isn’t there to support the assertion that people are dying from the shot. That isn’t to say that people haven’t died after receiving the shot, but the causal links just aren’t there. Conversely, we have data from a couple hundred million COVID shots given in the US alone that tells us that the shot decreases your chance of death from COVID from 1.7% for unvaccinated folks to .001% for fully vaccinated folks. That’s a staggering difference.

My wife is a nursing prof at LU and still works at the bedside. Believe me when I tell you: our doctor and nurse friends that work at the hospital are not lying to us that the ICUs are full of almost exclusively unvaccinated people, many of whom are likely to die and many of whom they have seen die over the past year and a half.
rmiller1959, ballcoach15, CCWMichael and 2 others liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
For almost two thousand years, too many Christians have rejected scientific knowledge and advancement. Faith and science can walk hand and hand. Masks won't save us all, but they will help in large crowds with small spaces, such as classrooms. In addition, vaccines increase the likely that someone, if infected, will have less severe symptoms than if unvaccinated.

Quite frankly, I'm done arguing with anyone who disagrees with these basic concepts of science. And yeah, some government officials will take it way too far (see Australia and New Zealand). But I'm so tired of the conspiracy theories and science denial that make Christians look like kooky cavemen. We can be better than that.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: August 27th, 2021, 11:48 pm For almost two thousand years, too many Christians have rejected scientific knowledge and advancement. Faith and science can walk hand and hand. Masks won't save us all, but they will help in large crowds with small spaces, such as classrooms. In addition, vaccines increase the likely that someone, if infected, will have less severe symptoms than if unvaccinated.

Quite frankly, I'm done arguing with anyone who disagrees with these basic concepts of science. And yeah, some government officials will take it way too far (see Australia and New Zealand). But I'm so tired of the conspiracy theories and science denial that make Christians look like kooky cavemen. We can be better than that.
Get that. And don’t want to argue with you. BUT. Science does show that masks to not help with Covid - droplets are just too small. Maybe if someone sneezed in your face, but let’s be honest - that doesn’t happen to often. And it’s not a vaccine. And to much of a risk of unknowns for less then a 1.5% mortality rate. And the booster has its own scientific risks…. Killed my grandfather this year. 98. Rode a stationary bike for 2 hours every day and a hand bike for another hour. Got first shot - in hospital 3 days later - died there 2 months later. You can’t down play science when it’s convenient either. Science is telling us people that are healthy are surviving Covid at a very high rate.
LUOrange liked this
By CCWMichael
As a lucky to earn an MBA I love statistics!
Statistics matter:

As of August 2, more than 164 million people in the US were fully vaccinated, according to CDC data.

Among them, 7,101 people – or less than 0.005% – were hospitalized with Covid-19, and 1,507 people — or less than 0.001% — died, according to the CDC data.

I would presume these numbers are even lower considering many are/or have been infected but not enough to even see a doctor.

Israels numbers backs up the continued increase in infections but a huge decrease in severity.

My presumption is we will need boosters for quite some time to come.

I can really care less if someone makes money or the PCR test is unable to differentiate the flu from covid.
What matters to me is will my family survive. I will follow the math here and live to bicker about the nuances.

The world and businesses can only do so much to minimize the damage. We are going to get it just how bad.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

Hopefully we are not losing out on Bond. I would s[…]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I like biographies, books about finance and human […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]