This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Just creating a little mischief with your diction. Most people would say a grain of salt. An ounce is a motherload and pretty darn unhealthy. Hey, I'm just lookin' out for ya, man.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: September 11th, 2021, 12:28 am Just creating a little mischief with your diction. Most people would say a grain of salt. An ounce is a motherload and pretty darn unhealthy. Hey, I'm just lookin' out for ya, man.
:lol: Yeah, and I'm not even a fan of salty food.
By RobinsonVaughn
I am a LU faculty member who precepts Lucom students at the Hospital. Liberty university is bringing coronavirus into the community. Other Virginia universities require a vaccination and are bringing less virus into their communities. Consequences at the hospital are that beds are filled up with coronavirus patients. When enough coronavirus patients take up beds than medical care is inaccessible to the community. Most of the coronavirus patients are unvaccinated. That’s their choice. It is not the choice of a vaccinated person who needs healthcare to have that be inaccessible because others chose not to be vaccinated. Another consequence is that unvaccinated patients are showing up for urgent surgeries with coronavirus. That’s their choice. It is not the choice of the nurses, the orderlies, the scrub techs, or the doctors to have coronavirus brought into their workplace. The consequences of coronavirus in the workplace are -very uncommonly -vaccinated people getting sick. But much more commonly, vaccinated healthcare workers are having to quarantine from their families or take time off work that is unpaid. That’s not their choice. Not all of us, but the majority of us, have had it. Mathew 22:36-40.
stokesjokes, Yacht Rock, rogers3 and 1 others liked this
By cruzan_flame13
RobinsonVaughn wrote: September 11th, 2021, 2:51 pm I am a LU faculty member who precepts Lucom students at the Hospital. Liberty university is bringing coronavirus into the community. Other Virginia universities require a vaccination and are bringing less virus into their communities. Consequences at the hospital are that beds are filled up with coronavirus patients. When enough coronavirus patients take up beds than medical care is inaccessible to the community. Most of the coronavirus patients are unvaccinated. That’s their choice. It is not the choice of a vaccinated person who needs healthcare to have that be inaccessible because others chose not to be vaccinated. Another consequence is that unvaccinated patients are showing up for urgent surgeries with coronavirus. That’s their choice. It is not the choice of the nurses, the orderlies, the scrub techs, or the doctors to have coronavirus brought into their workplace. The consequences of coronavirus in the workplace are -very uncommonly -vaccinated people getting sick. But much more commonly, vaccinated healthcare workers are having to quarantine from their families or take time off work that is unpaid. That’s not their choice. Not all of us, but the majority of us, have had it. Mathew 22:36-40.
So are saying that when a patient comes in, that they are not automatically admitted as a covid patient? Also, once diagnosed and a patient is ruled out have
covid(seem like every other virus and disease does not exist for the past year and seven months), that they are not considered a covid patient and that those numbers are removed correct? You guys don't treat a patient who come in and if the have it until you find out later that they don't? I mean you can say there are unvaccinated patients being admitted for covid, but no one has pointed that they're scratching out numbers of patients that are ruled out. Basically the number are staying, hence creating a hysteria of cases. I will like you to prove me wrong. I will like to find the truth and not a truth so that myself and others can know what is going on and not just accept something from people that we should just automatically trust because [insert reasons here].
By cruzan_flame13
stokesjokes wrote: September 11th, 2021, 3:56 pm Thanks for your perspective, doc (I assume :lol: ). Appreciate the work you do.
What prospective? People who didn't take a jab are sick, so that's what they get? :dontgetit Not like people can get sick these days without having covid involved. We never do this when people get the flu. Crazy what social engineering on society can do to people and the way they see truth and reality. To each their own.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
You’re intentionally missing his point. He’s saying the decision not to get vaccinated, while personal, has consequences beyond an unvaccinated person’s own health.
Just John liked this
By cruzan_flame13
stokesjokes wrote: September 11th, 2021, 4:50 pm You’re intentionally missing his point. He’s saying the decision not to get vaccinated, while personal, has consequences beyond an unvaccinated person’s own health.
Same applies to vaccinated, which one will hear little of because you know, it's not happening and all[at a vast because good 'ol CDC says it isn't]. What is intentionally happening is the blame game and bashing of people who freely do not want to get jabbed because of the continual misinterpretation and politicising of a virus that has 90%+ survival rate for every age group. I ask again, why don't we do this during flu seasons prior 2020 when millions get infected and/or dirty from it? No one reacts the way until it is politicized domestically and globally. That's what intentionally being ignored. Have obesity/unhealthiness issue in this country just vanish? Why can't these guys talking about consequences of health not telling people how to stay healthy since that their immune system can fight off viruses (especially on with a survival rate...well you know). Getting jab doesn't give the play, especially when many people have not even looked at the manuals of what is included into the vaccines. Can you answer that question for me Stokes? I don't need a CDC link of case numbers, I need you to let me know if there's a national promotion of living healthy to fight the virus and also the "safe" ingredients in the vaccines. Then we can all sing kumbaya and inform people so that we can flattened the curb(although stated it would happened two weeks later after it was announced) together.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ummmm living a healthy lifestyle has been a pretty common theme in government messaging my entire life. From public service announcements to curriculum in schools. So I'm not sure what you're actually saying.

When over 90% of the covid patients in the hospitals aren't vaccinated I think it is reasonable to think getting the shot has a benefit. Especially since the whole point of the mitigation efforts were to help limit the burden on hospitals. I'm not 100% sure but I think that is what @RobinsonVaughn was trying to get at.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
My doctor talks to me about healthy eating every time I go to the doctor. Anyone remember Michelle Obama's changes to kids lunches? Bloomberg's large drink ban?

There's a lot I can say about this subject, but think of it this way, there's a difference between an immediate emergency and mitigation efforts that can do something today, and efforts that may pay off weeks, months, or years from now.

Yes, we need to evaluate our overall health in the long term and we can all do a better job of it! However, someone deciding to make those life changes today doesn't make them any less at risk tomorrow. Actions like using a mask and vaccines can do something today.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: September 11th, 2021, 6:10 pm Ummmm living a healthy lifestyle has been a pretty common theme in government messaging my entire life. From public service announcements to curriculum in schools. So I'm not sure what you're actually saying.

When over 90% of the covid patients in the hospitals aren't vaccinated I think it is reasonable to think getting the shot has a benefit. Especially since the whole point of the mitigation efforts were to help limit the burden on hospitals. I'm not 100% sure but I think that is what @RobinsonVaughn was trying to get at.
How many unhealthy food and drug promoting commercials, billboards and and vendors compared to actual health promotions over the pass half century? Yeah they sure put effort with this country being top unhealthiest country in the world and even help companies like Krispy Kreme promote free donuts if a person jab themselves. Also the use of stating that the hospital being a burden is quite vague. I've been at the hospital and its campus and it didn't show any sign of being overwhelmed. Actions speak louder that words/statement. Crazy that we've had many times of hospitals being overwhelmed before , yet medical measures have not been improved to have better control to future situations? Also interesting that we never had a crazy burden of unvaccinated people before this delta varient had been brought up. You know what's good about the internet,people can use their phones to show what's actually occurring so we don't have to get sources from corporation funded media/agencies. I guess those doctors, nurses and individuals vaccinated are all lying about what's occurring to them and around them. They're just nutcases and not top scholars so, they deserve whatever happens to them. This reminds me of Daniel and the Chaldeans of Babylon or the scholars of the Meade's/Persians. Nothing new under sun; it is what it is.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:You know what's good about the internet,people can use their phones to show what's actually occurring so we don't have to get sources from corporation funded media/agencies.
What makes you trust things you've found on the internet?
puttincomputers liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Yacht Rock wrote: September 11th, 2021, 6:45 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote:You know what's good about the internet,people can use their phones to show what's actually occurring so we don't have to get sources from corporation funded media/agencies.
That it's global and one can find live experience of situations instead of just trusting people on a TV screen who says that we can trust them . I can actually observe information and download them and read documents or patents myself and to reach a conclusion to my hypothesis in a subject. Remember when subjects had that method to analyze information? I guess not because expert didn't say so and questioning anything is now extreme because it question public opinion. I wonder who has a big influence on public opinion. Hopefully this could answer your question which could be asserted as a low key derision :lol:.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
That it's global and one can find live experience of situations instead of just trusting people on a TV screen who says that we can trust them . I can actually observe information and download them and read documents or patents myself and to reach a conclusion to my hypothesis in a subject. Remember when subjects had that method to analyze information? I guess not because expert didn't say so and questioning anything is now extreme because it question public opinion. I wonder who has a big influence on public opinion. Hopefully this could answer your question which could be asserted as a low key derision :lol:.
How do you determine which sources are trustworthy? You have some sort of testing method that you haven't disclosed. You mentioned that you are trusting some things you hear about without firsthand knowledge but not others. What's your method for determining veracity of a claim made by anyone (not just a TV, where all outlets have focused more on entertainment than news for the last several years).
By cruzan_flame13
Yacht Rock wrote: September 11th, 2021, 7:42 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

How do you determine which sources are trustworthy? You have some sort of testing method that you haven't disclosed. You mentioned that you are trusting some things you hear about without firsthand knowledge but not others. What's your method for determining veracity of a claim made by anyone (not just a TV, where all outlets have focused more on entertainment than news for the last several years).
I look at the the contradiction of those who are key players. I've read into many articles or interviews of these idividuals. Then I see what other people are experienced in their areas. Those who make statements about the situation, I analyze with what they say based on documentation, medical excylcopedia, and even professionals who is against what is being broadcast. That's the point of science, it is always questioned. At least it used to be. Now you have to be an "expert" or "professionals" to be valid when a person like you and me can comprehend medical information by ourselves. Never said I listen to people without firsthand knowledge than others. You do know professionals use the world wide web as well and it's possible to look them up easily. Also people have phones to video what's going on in their hospitals to give billings the opportunity to view it also. Of course censorship is more hardcore so one has to choose the right platform wisely. It's also not a great opportunity to look into who funds major agencies, foundations like the WHO/FDA and obsevere key spokeperson(s) history in the field and why they could be likely apparent in modern situations. For example, around 2008 Fauchi was involved in a study of the 1918-1919 influenza outbreak which admittedly confused that it was a bacterial pneumonia caused the most deaths. The pneumonia was caused when bacteria that normally inhabit the nose and throat invaded the lungs along a pathway created when the virus destroyed the cells that line the bronchial tubes and lungs. Think about it. We usually cough out/spit out mucus/bacteria right? I'll get back to that. Historically, citizens were mandated to mask up, which covers the nose and mouth. I hope you recognize where this is going. Is it possible why Fauchi knew at the beginning knew that wearing masks will not help at all but quickly switched his tune because he was told to do so? Also why they stopped comparing this moment to the Influenza outbreak of 1918-19? I already mentioned what the inventor and Noble Peace Prize winner sated about Fauchi and same procedures that he did during the AIDS pandemic. That's what anyone should do when given information. If people want to trust administrators who are not even practicing then be my guess. Wo would've thought that 1984, Abrave New World amd Farenheit 451 would occur in real life all in one lol(well they did; that's why those books are known as allegorical literature). I'll just leave it there. As I said before many times, to each their own!
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
You mentioned that you understand medicine. However, I am curious as you previously posted that you don't believe that pathogens can pass amongst asymptomatic carriers.

So you'll have to forgive me for my skepticism on that note.

Where do you receive your medical information/education? Formal training or trustworthy internet sources?
By cruzan_flame13
Yacht Rock wrote: September 11th, 2021, 9:21 pm You mentioned that you understand medicine. However, I am curious as you previously posted that you don't believe that pathogens can pass amongst asymptomatic carriers.

So you'll have to forgive me for my skepticism on that note.

Where do you receive your medical information/education? Formal training or trustworthy internet sources?
What is a pathogen? A pathogen is any organs that can cause a disease. A virus that agent that cause that disease. Asymptomatic carrier would either cause of exhibit any symptom of that disease, or in this case Covid. So if they are not exhibiting or carrying the virus, how would they be able to pass the virus that they do exhibit to spread? That's how I responded to your statement about pathogens and also added that we should've been having shut downs like crazy since the flu kill way more people annually than covid ever did. Btw way, more people do not take the flu vaccines. Did we shut down before 2019? Don't worry, I'll forgive your derisive attitude :lol: :D . I analyze medicine; didn't say I know(in your case, it seem like you are imolying that I am claiming that I know all things about) medicine/science. Clearly I cannot question anything. You do you sir.
By tyndal23
RobinsonVaughn wrote: September 11th, 2021, 2:51 pm I am a LU faculty member who precepts Lucom students at the Hospital. Liberty university is bringing coronavirus into the community. Other Virginia universities require a vaccination and are bringing less virus into their communities. Consequences at the hospital are that beds are filled up with coronavirus patients. When enough coronavirus patients take up beds than medical care is inaccessible to the community. Most of the coronavirus patients are unvaccinated. That’s their choice. It is not the choice of a vaccinated person who needs healthcare to have that be inaccessible because others chose not to be vaccinated. Another consequence is that unvaccinated patients are showing up for urgent surgeries with coronavirus. That’s their choice. It is not the choice of the nurses, the orderlies, the scrub techs, or the doctors to have coronavirus brought into their workplace. The consequences of coronavirus in the workplace are -very uncommonly -vaccinated people getting sick. But much more commonly, vaccinated healthcare workers are having to quarantine from their families or take time off work that is unpaid. That’s not their choice. Not all of us, but the majority of us, have had it. Mathew 22:36-40.
Show the official stats. How many 18-22 year old LU unvaccinated students are swamping your hospital? What treatment are you giving them?
By tyndal23
tyndal23 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 11:12 pm
Show the official stats. How many 18-22 year old LU unvaccinated students are swamping your hospital? What treatment are you giving them?
Why are vaccinated healthcare workers having to quarantine? What % of your staff are vaccinated. Why would they need to quarantine if vaccinated ?
By cruzan_flame13
tyndal23 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 11:15 pm
Why are vaccinated healthcare workers having to quarantine? What % of your staff are vaccinated. Why would they need to quarantine if vaccinated ?
Ask him about the spike proteins that the vaxx make and tells the DNA to make in a vaccinated individual. Also let's ask some a person with CIRS who reacts sickly around poisons/toxins and ask them to go near an unvaxxed and vaxxed person. Let see which person will make them feel sick.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the work you do. Having a family member in the profession I know exactly what you're talking about.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: September 12th, 2021, 12:14 am
tyndal23 wrote: September 11th, 2021, 11:15 pm

Ask him about the spike proteins that the vaxx make and tells the DNA to make in a vaccinated individual. Also let's ask some a person with CIRS who reacts sickly around poisons/toxins and ask them to go near an unvaxxed and vaxxed person. Let see which person will make them feel sick.
Cruzan and Tyndal... This guy knows what it means to be in the trenches. He's not trying to argue with you by picking apart your conspiracy rants. Your comments though, make you seem even more wacko and immature than you have in the past.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I took the Fauci experimental vaccine to hopefully temporarily boost my immune system to fight the Fauci-19 virus. That just about sums it up. Why hasn't Fauci been retired, is he the only virologist we have?
By BlueBlood
BTW - when someone makes a statement that Liberty University's COVID policies and procedures have led to hospitals filling up with coronavirus patients, I don't think its disrespectful to ask how many LU students have been hospitalized. I think that is a reasonable follow-up question. I'd kind of like to know the answer, wouldn't you?
LU 57 liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote:BTW - when someone makes a statement that Liberty University's COVID policies and procedures have led to hospitals filling up with coronavirus patients, I don't think its disrespectful to ask how many LU students have been hospitalized. I think that is a reasonable follow-up question. I'd kind of like to know the answer, wouldn't you?
True but it also shows a limited view of how their policies can impact others.

I'll give an example with my church. Our church is made up of a lot of Liberty students. We've been handling things pretty well during the summer. Since Liberty has returned, over 1/3 of our students across all ages were exposed to COVID and I know there are several positive cases.

The church has been forced to go virtual until the end of September now due to that impact.

My point is, the Liberty students don't exist in a bubble. In the Lynchburg community, we've seen cases and hospitalizations rise at the same time Liberty residential students returned to the community.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defeated […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]