This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
By the way, Tyndal -I'd love to hear you defend your assertion that our country was founded primarily by Christian men.
Not to derail the thread, and I usually agree with you, but the colonies were made up of an overwhelming majority of Christians. Many of our founding fathers were Christians. Some were deists, sure, but this has been overly exaggerated in the last 20 years.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: August 28th, 2021, 9:42 pm
paradox wrote: August 28th, 2021, 7:53 pm
rogers3 wrote: August 28th, 2021, 7:19 pm I think there's a few people on here who have set up some idols called freedom and personal liberty in their prayer closet. The fundamentalist evangelical community here that I grew up in is quite familiar with idol worship. While we're at it let's add our politics into that as well. Isn't ironic that it seems like Christian schools are the ones who want to fight every rule and law and they actually try to use moral grounds? Wow, I can understand why people don't want to be a part of that kind of "movement.". My non-Christian friends in the secular institutions here in town seem so much more reasonable and thoughtful of others than a lot of the commenters here seem to be. What a shame.

By the way, Tyndal -I'd love to hear you defend your assertion that our country was founded primarily by Christian men.
So, it's more reasonable to not favor democratic freedom? And people who think that freedom is a good idea are somehow hyper-religious fanatics who worship actual idols? They probably drink blood and get sexually aroused by sacred Morman undergarments as well. I mean, what freedom loving American doesn't?

Thanks for that.
And how do these relate? Is it your assertion that only democratic freedom is Christian? Was that what was going on during Jesus' time? The point I raise is that some favor democratic freedom over a Christ-like attitude. Sorry to make you squirm :wink:
Just having a little fun with your fundamentalist anonymous support group catharsis. The strange brew of irrationality, liberty and idolatry are your personal musings and comments. So, it is what it is. Take care, now.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: August 28th, 2021, 9:19 pm
Just John wrote:Because some seem to want to offer anecdotal incidents to validate their beliefs, I just want to say I had a vaccine a few months ago and am still alive. :D
Me too. I'm also getting a much better 5G signal these days!
I told the guy giving me the vaccine I wanted the one with the Bill Gates chip. He had fun with that one.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
You may not know about this, but there's a worldwide chip shortage going on. All semis are in short supply. But, if you're lucky enough to get a chip/vax combo, I'd highly recommend the Nividia chip, if available. Nividia is best because you can game with that one. Kinda like your own virtual reality at your command.
Just John liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, my Scriptural reference was in relation to open defiance of the quarantine. It had nothing to do with debates over masks or vaccinations. Locking down campus for a couple of weeks seems like a reasonable decision in light of the present circumstances. What that has to do with vax cards or masks is simply tangential. And comparing slavery to taking classes from your dorm room does the disgusting history of slavery no justice IMHO. We are not talking about resisting pure evil just our own perspective on the inconvenience of some students for a couple of weeks.

I am too close to the subject matter to get caught up in debates. But to suggest that deaths are not occurring right now due to the virus is in direct contrast to what I have witnesssed in the ICU the past few days. I get that is anecdotal evidence but it is my experience.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: August 28th, 2021, 11:15 pm You may not know about this, but there's a worldwide chip shortage going on. All semis are in short supply. But, if you're lucky enough to get a chip/vax combo, I'd highly recommend the Nividia chip, if available. Nividia is best because you can game with that one. Kinda like your own virtual reality at your command.
The Apple M1 chip >>>>
By Whatisthetruth
Just so you know this is not a quarantine. It is just a 'dial back'. Students can still do whatever they want apparently. This is from their FB page.

Liberty University Student Health and Wellness Initiatives with Liberty University.

As you may have heard, starting on Monday, Aug. 30, the Liberty University residential campus will begin a temporary mitigation period lasting through Sept. 10 so we can take some responsible steps designed to slow the spread of COVID-19.
While you will notice changes to SOME of our campus operations — including classes held online and no large indoor gatherings — this is NOT a campus wide lockdown. This period is simply a temporary dial back of some larger indoor activities. Students will NOT be confined to their rooms and are free to use campus facilities and dining venues as usual. Quarantine will only occur for those students with new positive cases as well as those who have been determined to have direct exposure to individuals who have tested positive. All others are free to move about and enjoy our beautiful campus as usual. We pray that you use this freedom responsibly, especially when in confined indoor spaces.
Liberty is known for its vibrant campus life — and that will continue, with exciting recreational and fun activities to help kick off the new school year. Our Spiritual Development programs will also continue and will set the tone for a great year of powerful preaching and personal spiritual growth. Convocations and Campus Community will be held in Williams Stadium during this time.
CCWMichael liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote: August 29th, 2021, 10:50 am
paradox wrote: August 28th, 2021, 11:15 pm You may not know about this, but there's a worldwide chip shortage going on. All semis are in short supply. But, if you're lucky enough to get a chip/vax combo, I'd highly recommend the Nividia chip, if available. Nividia is best because you can game with that one. Kinda like your own virtual reality at your command.
The Apple M1 chip >>>>
The Gates chip should be avoided. It makes you crave archaic Microsoft products that run exclusively on MS-DOS. Apparently, he still gets residuals for that. Most people already crave Apple products. So, I'd say that getting an M1 chip/vax combo is pretty negligible. At least it it would be for me.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: August 28th, 2021, 11:00 pm
paradox wrote: August 28th, 2021, 7:53 pm

So, it's more reasonable to not favor democratic freedom? And people who think that freedom is a good idea are somehow hyper-religious fanatics who worship actual idols? They probably drink blood and get sexually aroused by sacred Morman undergarments as well. I mean, what freedom loving American doesn't?

Thanks for that.
And how do these relate? Is it your assertion that only democratic freedom is Christian? Was that what was going on during Jesus' time? The point I raise is that some favor democratic freedom over a Christ-like attitude. Sorry to make you squirm :wink:
Just having a little fun with your fundamentalist anonymous support group catharsis. The strange brew of irrationality, liberty and idolatry are your personal musings and comments. So, it is what it is. Take care, now.
:dontgetit
No irrational comments were made by me. I think Sly said it best, so be sure to see his comment. It is bothersome that people have put their politics and their ideas of personal freedom ahead of Christian values, but that might be fine for you. I wouldn't say that is irrational of you, either.
By tyndal23
Sly Fox wrote: August 29th, 2021, 8:49 am For the record, my Scriptural reference was in relation to open defiance of the quarantine. It had nothing to do with debates over masks or vaccinations. Locking down campus for a couple of weeks seems like a reasonable decision in light of the present circumstances. What that has to do with vax cards or masks is simply tangential. And comparing slavery to taking classes from your dorm room does the disgusting history of slavery no justice IMHO. We are not talking about resisting pure evil just our own perspective on the inconvenience of some students for a couple of weeks.

I am too close to the subject matter to get caught up in debates. But to suggest that deaths are not occurring right now due to the virus is in direct contrast to what I have witnesssed in the ICU the past few days. I get that is anecdotal evidence but it is my experience.
Slavery comparison was in response to “ idolizing freedom” and someone not wanting a genetically engineered substance made from fetus parts that alters their God given genetic code “ mandated”. Nothing to do with masks or online schooling. Shoot up all you want, just don’t start dropping Mandate suggestions for LU students. For data lovers India vs Israel ( Ivermectin vs Vaccines ). And my anecdotal experience with it from a relative who has 3 medical doctorates - 6 relatives took Ivermectin and 24 hours immediate recovery for the younger - 51-58 year olds, 48 hours for 78 year old, 72 hours for 82 year old with multiple comorbidities. Relative may resign CEO position of a large medical system if they move forward with mandatory vax policy.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: August 29th, 2021, 3:40 pm
Sly Fox wrote: August 29th, 2021, 8:49 am For the record, my Scriptural reference was in relation to open defiance of the quarantine. It had nothing to do with debates over masks or vaccinations. Locking down campus for a couple of weeks seems like a reasonable decision in light of the present circumstances. What that has to do with vax cards or masks is simply tangential. And comparing slavery to taking classes from your dorm room does the disgusting history of slavery no justice IMHO. We are not talking about resisting pure evil just our own perspective on the inconvenience of some students for a couple of weeks.

Slavery comparison was in response to “ idolizing freedom” and someone not wanting a genetically engineered substance made from fetus parts that alters their God given genetic code “ mandated”. Nothing to do with masks or online schooling. Shoot up all you want, just don’t start dropping Mandate suggestions for LU students. For data lovers India vs Israel ( Ivermectin vs Vaccines ). And my anecdotal experience with it from a relative who has 3 medical doctorates - 6 relatives took Ivermectin and 24 hours immediate recovery for the younger - 51-58 year olds, 48 hours for 78 year old, 72 hours for 82 year old with multiple comorbidities. Relative may resign CEO position of a large medical system if they move forward with mandatory vax policy.
Tyndal, I am talking more about personal issues than national, fwiw. In this case, many Christians talk about civil disobedience arguing that their freedom is being inhibited. While that may be true, construing it as a moral issue is way off base and it certainly shouldn't overshadow the call to be light.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’m all for you making your own informed decision regarding the vaccine, but please don’t base your decision on demonstrably false information. We know unequivocally that the vaccine does not alter your DNA. It doesn’t even interact with it, that’s now how it works.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote:I’m all for you making your own informed decision regarding the vaccine, but please don’t base your decision on demonstrably false information. We know unequivocally that the vaccine does not alter your DNA. It doesn’t even interact with it, that’s now how it works.
Dude, you forgot, he did his research.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It's the RNA that you should be concerned with. Especially if you have acid indigestion or heartburn. And definitely avoid Tums and Alka Seltzer. But Pepto Bismol smoothes, coats, methylates.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: August 29th, 2021, 3:06 pm
paradox wrote: August 28th, 2021, 11:00 pm

:dontgetit
No irrational comments were made by me. I think Sly said it best, so be sure to see his comment. It is bothersome that people have put their politics and their ideas of personal freedom ahead of Christian values, but that might be fine for you. I wouldn't say that is irrational of you, either.
I'm just trying to help you get your fun back in your fundamentalist. I sensed a fundamentalists anonymous style therapeutic release. For you it's very fundy. And it's not very funny. And, You did, in fact, mix all that in there with your very fundy idol worshipers and freedom lovers as less reasonable than your very non-fundy friends at very non-fundy institutions.

It's always better to be able to look back on the absurdities and laugh a little. Human behavior in general is folly. And it doesn't hurt to laugh at yourself a little either.
By tyndal23
stokesjokes wrote: August 29th, 2021, 4:37 pm I’m all for you making your own informed decision regarding the vaccine, but please don’t base your decision on demonstrably false information. We know unequivocally that the vaccine does not alter your DNA. It doesn’t even interact with it, that’s now how it works.
How about hearing from the inventor of MRNA himself.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: August 29th, 2021, 5:20 pm It's the RNA that you should be concerned with. Especially if you have acid indigestion or heartburn. And definitely avoid Tums and Alka Seltzer. But Pepto Bismol smoothes, coats, methylates.
I have GERD and take a pill daily for it. I've been vaccinated twice with Pfizer
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
My apologies, it actually is the DNA that can be problematic, but only when combined with peppermint flavored Jack Ruby mushrooms, which have been known to cause delusions, hallucinations, and other incorrect conclusions regarding the JFK assassination.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: August 29th, 2021, 5:37 pm
stokesjokes wrote: August 29th, 2021, 4:37 pm I’m all for you making your own informed decision regarding the vaccine, but please don’t base your decision on demonstrably false information. We know unequivocally that the vaccine does not alter your DNA. It doesn’t even interact with it, that’s now how it works.
I’ll give you that Dr. Malone appears to have been part of the team that initially said “hey, what would happen if we injected mRNA into a rat?”

But here’s where relying on someone like him breaks down: you have to be willing to believe that the 100s of other scientists directly involved in mRNA vaccine research, the vast majority of other medical scientists, the vast majority of medical doctors (as of June, 96% of medical doctors were vaccinated), are either lying or don’t know what they’re talking about.

Either this conspiracy is more vast than we can possibly comprehend, or the tiny number of outliers like Dr. Malone are the ones who are lying (or just kooks).

I know which one of those I’d go with.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You should meet some of the doctors I have over the years. You would be shocked at their lack of knowledge
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Oh, I work in healthcare, my wife works in healthcare, my mom worked in healthcare- I’ve met my fair share of them, but if 96% are kooks, we’ve got a much bigger problem on our hands :shock:
By tyndal23
stokesjokes wrote: August 29th, 2021, 7:58 pm
tyndal23 wrote: August 29th, 2021, 5:37 pm
I’ll give you that Dr. Malone appears to have been part of the team that initially said “hey, what would happen if we injected mRNA into a rat?”

But here’s where relying on someone like him breaks down: you have to be willing to believe that the 100s of other scientists directly involved in mRNA vaccine research, the vast majority of other medical scientists, the vast majority of medical doctors (as of June, 96% of medical doctors were vaccinated), are either lying or don’t know what they’re talking about.

Either this conspiracy is more vast than we can possibly comprehend, or the tiny number of outliers like Dr. Malone are the ones who are lying (or just kooks).

I know which one of those I’d go with.
I can send them all day long if you want me to. Here is a lil diddy on Patents...
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: August 29th, 2021, 5:24 pm

I'm just trying to help you get your fun back in your fundamentalist. I sensed a fundamentalists anonymous style therapeutic release. For you it's very fundy. And it's not very funny. And, You did, in fact, mix all that in there with your very fundy idol worshipers and freedom lovers as less reasonable than your very non-fundy friends at very non-fundy institutions.

It's always better to be able to look back on the absurdities and laugh a little. Human behavior in general is folly. And it doesn't hurt to laugh at yourself a little either.
You, my friend... I can't even respond to that.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]