This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By CCWMichael
We are booked in hotels for all the home games! YAS!
Started searching airbnb and found 1 guy who works at Liberty in IT .... nice place and great rate but booked for home game weekends.
Does anyone have any suggestions of friends that rent airbnb?
we are Just Friday thru Sunday game weekends.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Check out Hidden Hollow Haven in Goode, VA. I can 100% vouch for the host and the facilities are top notch. Not sure about availability, he's stays pretty well booked.
CCWMichael liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We have used Timberlake Cottage over the years and loved it. But it gets booked up game weeks up to a year in advance.
CCWMichael liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Appomattox has a few
CCWMichael liked this
By CCWMichael
Thank you all.
I will check these today but as someone said football weekends seem to go fast.
We book our hotels as soon as the calendar comes available. typically 1 year out.
Sounds like AIRBNB is the same.
I will keep trying for this year but may be next we need to do it.
I never thought Lynchburg would be a booked spot.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We operate an AirBnB cabin that is just under an hour away from College Station. It books up a year out on Texas A&M football weekends. Planning is key. And the further you book out the easier it is to get prices before the owners realize they are sitting on a gold mine and hike them up.

The proliferation of AirBnbs & VRBOs has changed travel forever. I can't imagine taking my whole family on a trip and having to book multiple hotel rooms. It just isn't cost effective if you have a group of 5 or more.
thepostman, ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 12:24 pm We operate an AirBnB cabin that is just under an hour away from College Station. It books up a year out on Texas A&M football weekends. Planning is key. And the further you book out the easier it is to get prices before the owners realize they are sitting on a gold mine and hike them up.

The proliferation of AirBnbs & VRBOs has changed travel forever. I can't imagine taking my whole family on a trip and having to book multiple hotel rooms. It just isn't cost effective if you have a group of 5 or more.
Yep! And even for foreign travel with just two people, its a lot cheaper to get an AirBnB in the city center than a hotel room in the same location. Stayed within easy walking distance of the Louvre in Paris, Terminii in Rome, Reykjavik's waterfront, in downtown Vilnius, etc...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: August 9th, 2021, 3:37 pm
Sly Fox wrote: August 3rd, 2021, 12:24 pm We operate an AirBnB cabin that is just under an hour away from College Station. It books up a year out on Texas A&M football weekends. Planning is key. And the further you book out the easier it is to get prices before the owners realize they are sitting on a gold mine and hike them up.

Yep! And even for foreign travel with just two people, its a lot cheaper to get an AirBnB in the city center than a hotel room in the same location. Stayed within easy walking distance of the Louvre in Paris, Terminii in Rome, Reykjavik's waterfront, in downtown Vilnius, etc...
May have to look at that next summer.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]