This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ElmersTwin wrote: July 19th, 2021, 10:33 am
olldflame wrote: July 18th, 2021, 10:42 am
jinxy wrote: July 17th, 2021, 9:22 pm Why would have even employed this quan guy. I mean if were dumb enough to hire him we kind of deserve the lawsuit. There are only....oh.... but hundreds of more qualified applicants.
My best guess is, he was conversant in Evangelical Christian lingo, while checking off some intersectional boxes that we thought would make us look good from a PR standpoint.
He actually worked for the school as a student advocate long before switching to the Center4ME and working his way up through their ranks. Once the Center4ME switched to the Office of Equity and Inclusion the executive suite got involved and helped make a mess of the situation.

I'm not sure he'll get anywhere with the lawsuit without proper documentation, but I don't fault him for wanting to expose the junk that people in their office had to endure. The people I know who worked there and ended up leaving were dealt a bad hand.
Some of what Quan said he experienced doesn't surprise me at all, unfortunately.
ElmersTwin liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bloomberg Law wrote:Liberty University Beats Black Gay Diversity Worker’s Bias Suit
April 19, 2022, 11:58 AM

Established defense to claims of harassment by supervisor
Worker allegedly harassed, but never complained about it

A Black gay former director of diversity retention at Liberty University failed with his hostile work environment lawsuit against the school because it had an anti-bias policy in place that he didn’t take advantage of, a Virginia federal judge ruled.

LeeQuan McLaurin sued July 15, asserting claims of race, sexual orientation, religious, and intersectional harassment and retaliation. His allegations included that he was forced to attend a “Blexit” event on campus that was led by “far-right influencer Candace Owens.” The event encouraged Black attendees to leave the Democratic Party and become Republicans and Liberty used his photo to promote ...
Click Here for Full Story ($$$)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bloomberg Law wrote:Ex-NFL Player Dismisses Bias Suit Against Liberty University
May 12, 2022, 2:34 PM

Peter Hayes
Reporter

Former NFL player Kelvin Edwards voluntarily dismissed his lawsuit alleging Liberty University fired him from his position as a diversity officer because the new president believed there were too many minority executives, according to a notice filed Thursday in the Western District of Virginia.

Counsel for Edwards didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. Counsel for the university, King Tower with Woods Rogers PLC in Roanoke, Va., told Bloomberg Law there was no settlement.
Click Here for Full Story
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: May 13th, 2022, 2:26 pm
Bloomberg Law wrote:Ex-NFL Player Dismisses Bias Suit Against Liberty University
May 12, 2022, 2:34 PM

Peter Hayes
Reporter

Former NFL player Kelvin Edwards voluntarily dismissed his lawsuit alleging Liberty University fired him from his position as a diversity officer because the new president believed there were too many minority executives, according to a notice filed Thursday in the Western District of Virginia.

Counsel for Edwards didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. Counsel for the university, King Tower with Woods Rogers PLC in Roanoke, Va., told Bloomberg Law there was no settlement.
Click Here for Full Story
Obviously this was a BS suit from the beginning. Another example of someone suing because LU has money. Happens all the time to big companies and rich individuals.
I have always believed KE initiated the suit with encouragement from our former president. But we will never know the truth about that.
prototype, sstaedtler liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]