This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rtb72
stokesjokes wrote: August 12th, 2021, 7:11 pm I mean, everyone who has ever quoted scripture has probably done it to serve their own purposes at one point or another :lol:
very true...but I was speaking of one who once held the same position as Prevo. While you are correct regarding the use of Scripture...one would hope the "leader" of a Christian university would be more discerning of the use of Scripture.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
We shouldn't generalize. Specifically, how did the new administration misuse scripture? Or is this just another mundane exercise in evangelical hair-splitting?
sstaedtler liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A bonus episode dropped today covering the sexual assaults that lead to the lawsuit. Heartbreaking stuff to say the least. The silence from leadership on this is deafening.
k9saber liked this
By Whatisthetruth
thepostman wrote: August 25th, 2021, 8:54 am A bonus episode dropped today covering the sexual assaults that lead to the lawsuit. Heartbreaking stuff to say the least. The silence from leadership on this is deafening.
The allegation by one of the Jane Does that her underage nude photos could have been shared was chilling. The entire episode was extremely disturbing.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Are we to assume Jonathan Falwell doesn't know how to use email? Either that or he ignores a whole lot of important ones.
By Whatisthetruth
stokesjokes wrote: August 25th, 2021, 9:48 am The fact that Keith Anderson still works at LU is all you need to know about how seriously the administration is taking this.
Word is Prevo is back in Alaska this week, the first week of school.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: August 25th, 2021, 9:51 am
stokesjokes wrote: August 25th, 2021, 9:48 am The fact that Keith Anderson still works at LU is all you need to know about how seriously the administration is taking this.
If true, that's not good. He should be on campus, working.
By Honest Abe
Whatisthetruth wrote: August 25th, 2021, 9:51 am
He was on campus for Freshman/new student convo last week.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I think this may have been mentioned somewhere before, but Andrew Cuomo is now available. When you said "serious," I honestly can't think of a more serious individual.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Bonus episode. This stuff is madness. It includes serious allegations of the godparent home.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: December 8th, 2021, 12:51 pm Bonus episode. This stuff is madness. It includes serious allegations of the godparent home.
Ugh. I’m a fan of the work there
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Just finished listening and I am gobsmacked by the last bit that connects this story to a previous one. I don’t know how there can be any doubt that these things happened and that LU and all involved police departments failed these women immeasurably. The Christian thing to do would be to admit fault and work for justice for these women, but unfortunately I get the impression that the board and administration see their primary duty as fiduciary, not caring for the actual people who have been entrusted to LU’s care.

And don’t worry, @Purple Haize, there’s only a single mention of the Godparent home and it’s more about how the LU administration spoke of the Godparent home in this situation rather than anything to do with the work of the Godparent home itself. Basically, the dean of women said “well, we might have to kick you out and take away your scholarship for all of this (getting gang-raped and becoming pregnant), but if you go to the Godparent home and give up your child for adoption, you can get a scholarship that way.”
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
The Godparent Home is a shadow of what it used to be. They serve very few girls, and the ministry really doesn't get the support it needs.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]