This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By k9saber
Purple Haize wrote: July 20th, 2021, 9:10 pm You all act like you understand ballcoach’s mentality but the exact opposite is true. The more you pile on the more righteous he feels in his position. Do you not know that Jesus was persecuted by the religious people of His day? He views those critical of Falwell and LU as akin to the Pharisees and Sadducees This any type of criticism like this he wears like a badge of honor
I see what you did PH, nice. We understand his/others mentality all too well…it’s commonly referred to as being “self-righteous.” One can fly those colors, wear that badge, and follow the LU cult of personality…but, let them be strongly assured that when it comes to their looking down at those they deem “beneath” them, that they will be “piled” on. Grace is for the humble.

These types of warped mindsets are why Liberty U is the “Christian” poster child of rank hypocrisy.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Now that you mention it. It's been said that he wipes his behind with those pricy Giza dream sheets & his flatulence is known to give off a distinctively strong but surprisingly delightful aroma.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
k9saber wrote: July 20th, 2021, 9:37 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 20th, 2021, 9:10 pm You all act like you understand ballcoach’s mentality but the exact opposite is true. The more you pile on the more righteous he feels in his position. Do you not know that Jesus was persecuted by the religious people of His day? He views those critical of Falwell and LU as akin to the Pharisees and Sadducees This any type of criticism like this he wears like a badge of honor
I see what you did PH, nice. We understand his/others mentality all too well…it’s commonly referred to as being “self-righteous.” One can fly those colors, wear that badge, and follow the LU cult of personality…but, let them be strongly assured that when it comes to their looking down at those they deem “beneath” them, that they will be “piled” on. Grace is for the humble.

These types of warped mindsets are why Liberty U is the “Christian” poster child of rank hypocrisy.
You obviously completely misunderstood my comment.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 21st, 2021, 6:06 am I believe those lawsuits are fueled by sleazy liberal lawyers. Being filed in Eastern District of New York sounds shady.
Do you believe any of the stories the women have told? Do you think something like they describe is capable of happening at LU?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 21st, 2021, 6:08 am
ballcoach15 wrote: July 21st, 2021, 6:06 am I believe those lawsuits are fueled by sleazy liberal lawyers. Being filed in Eastern District of New York sounds shady.
Do you believe any of the stories the women have told? Do you think something like they describe is capable of happening at LU?
Unfortunately it's happening everywhere. Endtime sins gaining steam. Look up fellas :idea:
LUOrange liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
Unfortunately it's happening everywhere. Endtime sins gaining steam. Look up fellas :idea:
You may have a fatalistic view of things, but that doesn't mean we give up. And to be honest, this type of behavior doesn't happen "everywhere." There are institutions that do a lot more to protect their population.

The responsibilities of those charged with stewardship of Liberty University aren't negated by #endtimes.
Just John liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: July 21st, 2021, 7:33 am
TH Spangler wrote:

You may have a fatalistic view of things, but that doesn't mean we give up. And to be honest, this type of behavior doesn't happen "everywhere." There are institutions that do a lot more to protect their population.

The responsibilities of those charged with stewardship of Liberty University aren't negated by #endtimes.
Not at all. I will not be left behind. I'm optimistic. My glass is half full.
LUOrange liked this
By Jonathan Carone
Seeing how terribly the school handled all of these cases from a Title IX standpoint makes the Cam Jackson situation that much more terrible.

He was accused by a girl who was shown to be making it up and falsely accusing him but the school wouldn’t hear the testimony of those who could tell that story. They threatened the same type of Liberty Way violations to people who were at the party.

We said at the time that they were obviously trying to make a public show for something by being so hard on Cam, but I had no clue they were covering up this much.
Purple Haize liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:
Not at all. I will not be left behind. I'm optimistic. My glass is half full.
Your response doesn't make any sense. I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word I used.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 21st, 2021, 8:33 am Seeing how terribly the school handled all of these cases from a Title IX standpoint makes the Cam Jackson situation that much more terrible.

He was accused by a girl who was shown to be making it up and falsely accusing him but the school wouldn’t hear the testimony of those who could tell that story. They threatened the same type of Liberty Way violations to people who were at the party.

We said at the time that they were obviously trying to make a public show for something by being so hard on Cam, but I had no clue they were covering up this much.
I remember reading all the links you posted about her.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: July 21st, 2021, 7:33 am
TH Spangler wrote:

Unfortunately it's happening everywhere. End time sins gaining steam. Look up fellas :idea:

Like BC said, this could be just more orchestrated none sense by liberals. Let it go to court, hopefully the court system still works? These article contain the accusation, one side. Lets hear the other.

And yes, don't give up. Make sure as many as possible are not left behind! You do the best you can to steward young people. Unfortunately its getting harder and harder these days. Man's failure, based of prophecy is predetermined and therefore inevitable. End times.

And as far as this being everywhere, a quick Google search backs my position. Here's the first one that popped up.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/sport ... 056388002/
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It should absolutely see it's day in court. I don't think there is a single person that would disagree with that.

There are people on this board, myself included, that have seen the way the school reacts to things like this with our own eyes. But I'm sure everybody is lying because this is just the liberals trying to destroy the school...

If you're interested, here is a short paper about false reports from the National Sexual Violence Resource Center.

https://www.nsvrc.org/
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe the majority of cases such as these, are brought forward years after the ALLEGATIONS took place. When this happens, they have far less credibility .
Reminds me of a case I investigated in 1977. Someone reported a larceny and the property stolen, was last accounted for in 1955. I closed out the case as unfounded.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
How many reports on this topic have you read? How many people have you known who have been assaulted and never come forward? You can "believe" a lot of different things. It doesn't make it true.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 21st, 2021, 12:21 pm I believe the majority of cases such as these, are brought forward years after the ALLEGATIONS took place. When this happens, they have far less credibility .
Reminds me of a case I investigated in 1977. Someone reported a larceny and the property stolen, was last accounted for in 1955. I closed out the case as unfounded.
Ok. Two things.
1- Larceny had a monetary motive as well. If I report it stolen I can get insurance money
2- Several if not all of these women pursued their claims immediately and were either ignored or dismissed out of hand. So saying they are bringing up allegations years after the supposed event is not a true statement you are making
ATrain, Just John liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I think Romans 1:22 applies to BC. Doesn't even realize he's the very thing he thinks others are, bless his heart.
Purple Haize liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]