This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Has anyone noticed that for every one of these incidents that have come to light in the past year one of the first couple of posts here is doubt? It's time to wake up.

Please give some examples of these holes. To what advantage is any of this misery for her to lie?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Y’all have some unrealistic expectations for how someone who experienced a violent trauma should behave or how she should recollect the trauma. It’s normal for it to come back in fragments and not in a cohesive narrative. It’s normal for her decision-making to not be entirely rational. It’s normal for her to struggle to be forthcoming with details in all of these high pressure situations. There’s more of a cohesive timeline and paper trail in this case than in most I’ve interacted with.

Also, that quote from Godwin is absolutely ghoulish.
ballah09, Jonathan Carone, thepostman and 2 others liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: June 1st, 2021, 6:55 pm Y’all have some unrealistic expectations for how someone who experienced a violent trauma should behave or how she should recollect the trauma. It’s normal for it to come back in fragments and not in a cohesive narrative. It’s normal for her decision-making to not be entirely rational. It’s normal for her to struggle to be forthcoming with details in all of these high pressure situations. There’s more of a cohesive timeline and paper trail in this case than in most I’ve interacted with.

This. We're probably going to see a lot more victims coming out since Prevo is cleaning out Jr's guys and replacing them with his.

Speaking of admins, politico put a good article out on how crazy our board members are and how bad Jonathan got treated during the past election.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ump-491319
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: June 1st, 2021, 6:55 pm Y’all have some unrealistic expectations for how someone who experienced a violent trauma should behave or how she should recollect the trauma. It’s normal for it to come back in fragments and not in a cohesive narrative. It’s normal for her decision-making to not be entirely rational. It’s normal for her to struggle to be forthcoming with details in all of these high pressure situations. There’s more of a cohesive timeline and paper trail in this case than in most I’ve interacted with.

Godwin was always used as the bad guy and he seemed to enjoy that role.

This is far from the only rape coverup but that story is certainly not my story to tell.

But even if these stories coming out aren't completely true, there is plenty out there that warrants more than just Jr's finances to be looked into.

The board won't though. And we all know why. Some of us just refuses to admit it.
ATrain liked this
That Politico piece was a well written article that explained the tug of war going on. It also reinforced how out of touch the executive board is with the students they’re trying to recruit.
By LUOrange
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 1st, 2021, 4:47 pm
LUOrange wrote: June 1st, 2021, 2:28 pm There's a lot of holes in that girl's story. I know many of the folks named in Roys' narrative. Some I know better than others.
Some I respect, some not so much- including some that I wouldn't have anything to do with again. But objectively, there's a lot of holes in her story and you can see them in that narrative.
First off - the numbers prove out most women don’t lie about sexual assault.

Second - if someone is still publicly claiming they were raped 16 years after the fact, I’m inclined to believe them even more than I would’ve right after the incident.
1, I'd like to see your stats.
2. People stick to their stories for any length of time all the time, for all kinds of reasons, and their stories being true isn't the only one.
sstaedtler liked this
By LUOrange
LUconn wrote: June 1st, 2021, 6:54 pm Has anyone noticed that for every one of these incidents that have come to light in the past year one of the first couple of posts here is doubt? It's time to wake up.

Please give some examples of these holes. To what advantage is any of this misery for her to lie?
All you need to see the holes in this girl's story as told by this poorly written biased editorial is a little bit of critical thinking and objectivity. I won't dissect the hole article, but just point out a few observations.

1. LU clearly didn't believe her and didn't think that it happened on their property if it did occur. Reys only rebuttal to LU's assertion that it may have occurred off campus was a chopped up quote. I'll add that most or all of the Liberty quotes are chopped up.
2. The girl alleges that she was raped on campus in the Spring Semester and that LU did nothing about it, but she returns the very next semester? This is probably the biggest question mark for me.
3. The editorial kept changing as to what allegedly happened as well as to what she alleged happen. And the editorial cites LUPD reports that her story kept changing.
4. She claimed that she threw her under wear away but the Officer had to look for them and couldn't find them. She waited until the next day to go to the hospital and then refused to be examined.
5. She clearly knew who her attacker was:
A) What did she exactly tell LUPD?
B) Why didn't she cooperate with the hospital nurses?
C) She met with a City Commonwealth's Attorney, who declined to pursue charges.
D) Her vendetta was with LU and not the attacker?

There's more holes than these in there if you actually read the editorial. There are plenty of legitimate criticisms and concerns of Liberty, and probably other cover-ups that have occurred. Unfortunately, they happen at most public and private colleges, and one is too many. But I don't think this was one of them.

I do agree that LU needs to add more cameras and call boxes on campus.
flameshaw, sstaedtler liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
So she has been documented lying for 16 years, exhausting every avenue she can think of for the purpose of... getting more security cameras on campus? Good plan.
I dont really find any of what you listed to be unusual or uncommon in a situation where someone is raped or traumatized.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 6:29 am So she has been documented lying for 16 years, exhausting every avenue she can think of for the purpose of... getting more security cameras on campus? Good plan.
I dont really find any of what you listed to be unusual or uncommon in a situation where someone is raped or traumatized.
People lie all the time. For what reasons no one knows but them.
I found a couple of big holes in the story as well. On the other hand I know how bumbling LUPD was at the time. The charge here seems to be that LU failed to file paperwork with in a specific time frame. Which I can absolutely 100% agree with.
BUT LPD looked into it and chose not to pursue. LU doesn’t have a Detectives Division so what are the Expectations here? She knew the alleged attacker and they issued a No Go order for campus. What more could they have done? Leadership met with her and community leaders to make changes. Some were made some were not. Ok.
I’m not sure who to believe in this story but I also don’t know what was expected
LUOrange, sstaedtler liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Since it happened on campus then some support from the school to pursue actual charges. A no-go order doesn't stop the guy of guys from doing it in the future to someone else. Those are my initial thoughts.

I have no idea if it is true or not but if you talk to people who lived on campus during that timeframe that didn't have their head in the sand, they'll tell you rumor upon rumor of sexual assault happening on campus. To the point where the whole "safest campus on the east coast" line became a joke. As insensitive college kids, we'd always finish that statement with, "unless you're a female".

Liberty was very concerned about their crime numbers so they did all they could to keep them low. For some people trying to cover their butts, then that could mean not pursuing charges. There seems to be plenty of written records in this case for an independent investigation to look into. I have always advocated for an all-encompassing investigation and this is just one of the many reasons I've felt that way.
ATrain liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: June 1st, 2021, 7:41 pm

This. We're probably going to see a lot more victims coming out since Prevo is cleaning out Jr's guys and replacing them with his.

Speaking of admins, politico put a good article out on how crazy our board members are and how bad Jonathan got treated during the past election.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... ump-491319
Rewrites of this article are already popping up on outlets like MSN, Salon, Slate, Yahoo, Mother Jones. :lol:

You can bet if Liberty, like the article suggest, moves back to a more conservative stance like that of Doctor Falwell, Pastor Johnathan or Dr Voddie Baucham the media attention will double.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 7:23 am Since it happened on campus then some support from the school to pursue actual charges. A no-go order doesn't stop the guy of guys from doing it in the future to someone else. Those are my initial thoughts.

I have no idea if it is true or not but if you talk to people who lived on campus during that timeframe that didn't have their head in the sand, they'll tell you rumor upon rumor of sexual assault happening on campus. To the point where the whole "safest campus on the east coast" line became a joke. As insensitive college kids, we'd always finish that statement with, "unless you're a female".

Liberty was very concerned about their crime numbers so they did all they could to keep them low. For some people trying to cover their butts, then that could mean not pursuing charges. There seems to be plenty of written records in this case for an independent investigation to look into. I have always advocated for an all-encompassing investigation and this is just one of the many reasons I've felt that way.
They talked to LPD and I believe the Commonwealth Attorney. Seems like they were offering support
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
They also made sure to not include it in their crime report. This was pretty common in those days but that was so long ago that a lot of the people who would've been involved in that are no longer there.

Like I said in my post, I don't know if this is true or not. All I know about this situation is what we all have read. I do know of other very similar stories and how dismissive the administration was for those particular stories. One of those stories will forever stick with me.

The cover your butt culture at Liberty is very real and it doesn't just go for the President's office. This was the perfect time to address all of those issues but instead, we continue down the same road where people are more upset that the liberal media is trying to ruin the school than they are by the school trying to ruin itself and its mission of training champions for Christ by covering things up. But I mean JP gives one heck of a thought for us to ponder every day on social media, so everything is fine...right?

If it is Christian, it ought to be better.
The fact there were no charges for rape doesn't mean it didn’t happen. If she actually showered right away like was said, the rape kit couldn’t be completed - just as the article stated. Without that, it’s almost impossible to prove it from a legal standpoint.

This allegation is not about the criminal charges. It’s about Liberty covering up the reports of sexual assault to keep their reputation. Given everything else we know about many of the players in this story, I have no reason to believe the woman in question is lying or that Liberty didn’t try to actively cover it up.
thepostman liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
[
Purple Haize wrote:
I’m not sure who to believe in this story but I also don’t know what was expected
Gangster capitalism ep 3 interviews a title ix expert who lays out exactly what they should have done. And that's completely ignoring the whole "Christian caring for others" thing
thepostman liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 1:02 am
LUconn wrote: June 1st, 2021, 6:54 pm Has anyone noticed that for every one of these incidents that have come to light in the past year one of the first couple of posts here is doubt? It's time to wake up.

All you need to see the holes in this girl's story as told by this poorly written biased editorial is a little bit of critical thinking and objectivity. I won't dissect the hole article, but just point out a few observations.

1. LU clearly didn't believe her and didn't think that it happened on their property if it did occur. Reys only rebuttal to LU's assertion that it may have occurred off campus was a chopped up quote. I'll add that most or all of the Liberty quotes are chopped up.
2. The girl alleges that she was raped on campus in the Spring Semester and that LU did nothing about it, but she returns the very next semester? This is probably the biggest question mark for me.
3. The editorial kept changing as to what allegedly happened as well as to what she alleged happen. And the editorial cites LUPD reports that her story kept changing.
4. She claimed that she threw her under wear away but the Officer had to look for them and couldn't find them. She waited until the next day to go to the hospital and then refused to be examined.
5. She clearly knew who her attacker was:
A) What did she exactly tell LUPD?
B) Why didn't she cooperate with the hospital nurses?
C) She met with a City Commonwealth's Attorney, who declined to pursue charges.
D) Her vendetta was with LU and not the attacker?

There's more holes than these in there if you actually read the editorial. There are plenty of legitimate criticisms and concerns of Liberty, and probably other cover-ups that have occurred. Unfortunately, they happen at most public and private colleges, and one is too many. But I don't think this was one of them.

I do agree that LU needs to add more cameras and call boxes on campus.
Yep, clearly don’t know how these things work. What you’re doing is looking for reasons that her story isn’t true right off the bat. My favorite is “the biggest question mark” for you is that she decided to come back to school. Not any kind of evidentiary claim, just that she kept pursuing her education.

There’s nothing abnormal about the things you’ve noticed. Try this: assume it did happen and then try to explain why these “holes” exist. It’s a pretty easy exercise.

Nice that it doesn’t carry any weight that the responding officer (ya know, the one who saw all the evidence and spoke with her first-hand) clearly believed that this happened.
thepostman liked this
Jonathan Carone wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 8:35 am The fact there were no charges for rape doesn't mean it didn’t happen. If she actually showered right away like was said, the rape kit couldn’t be completed - just as the article stated. Without that, it’s almost impossible to prove it from a legal standpoint.

This allegation is not about the criminal charges. It’s about Liberty covering up the reports of sexual assault to keep their reputation. Given everything else we know about many of the players in this story, I have no reason to believe the woman in question is lying or that Liberty didn’t try to actively cover it up.
On top of this, the DOE obviously thought something happened because of the fine they levied against Liberty.

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law capp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]