This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I liked this thread better when it was about LYNCHBURG Food.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 3:06 pm I liked this thread better when it was about LYNCHBURG Food.
Blame the kids

BTW. Wandering Donut2 now sets up shop in Appomattox on Saturday. Messes with my schedule
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Most regional food is overrated for the most part. But fresh Maine Lobster, not overrated. Also, as far as so-called food regions go: Quebec, not overrated.
Last edited by paradox on July 3rd, 2021, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 3:36 pm Wandering Donut2 now sets up shop in Appomattox on Saturday.
That's what happens when the LU kids go home for the summer. I had ONE sugar & cinnamon donut in Forest today!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 4:50 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 2:45 pm
badger74 wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 11:23 am Best sandwich in Philly is not the cheesesteak--it is the roast pork at Johns or in the Reading Market downtown. Yes Philly fans are unique. http://www.johnsroastpork.com/ https://readingterminalmarket.org/
Let’s check with the Expert

Your man crush
You can watch his videos while you’re walking your next PT Qual
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 4th, 2021, 12:33 am
thepostman wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 4:50 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 2:45 pm

Let’s check with the Expert

Your man crush
You can watch his videos while you’re walking your next PT Qual
If it is anything like the walk portion they make people do on run profiles do, no thanks. Zero details have been released so it is really funny seeing so many people just kind of run with it.

But I'll take a hard pass watching anything related to barstool.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I love his pizza reviews. I know very little about the rest of his endeavors other than the newly started sports book and the Barstool Fund.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 3rd, 2021, 3:06 pm I liked this thread better when it was about LYNCHBURG Food.
You can only go so far with that. The list of great places is near zero. Good might be fewer than a dozen. After than not wasting my $$$$--might as well go to Wendy's.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote: July 5th, 2021, 8:51 pm
You can only go so far with that. The list of great places is near zero. Good might be fewer than a dozen. After than not wasting my $$$$--might as well go to Wendy's.
@badger74, I'm genuinely curious, what would your list look like?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote: July 5th, 2021, 8:51 pm The list of great places is near zero. Good might be fewer than a dozen. After than not wasting my $$$$--might as well go to BURGER KING.
FIFBC :oldhag
LUOrange liked this
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Want to try a place I haven’t tried before for my birthday coming up later this summer. What are some good options around here? No fine dining options - like Crown Sterling - I don’t have that kind of money. Think like around $15 max per person without alcohol or desert.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
Dahlia, Shoemakers, William & Henry, Andy Chang, Aji, Rivermont Pizza, Isabella, Bacon Street Bagels, Cavalier, Bojangles.
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
For chicken we love BO. Always fresh, well spiced, and huge pieces of white meat. We have it at least once a week when its too hot to cook. No side--just chicken. Lots of chicken. 3 breasts and four legs for two.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote: July 9th, 2021, 8:16 am Dahlia, Shoemakers, William & Henry, Andy Chang, Aji, Rivermont Pizza, Isabella, Bacon Street Bagels, Cavalier, Bojangles.
Andy Chang was new to me so I checked them out. Looks like a legitimate Chinese offering finally in Forest.

Seeing Dahlia on your list right before a hop a flight to Seattle had me craving Tom Douglas' joint this weekend. Sadly I read online that the lounge closed down permanently back in March after a year of sitting idle due to the pandemic. They are expanding the bakery and Serious Pie into the space that made him a celebrity chef. That left me scrambling to make sure that Paseo was still open in Fremont. Much to me surprise they now have added a SoDo location during my pandemic-induced 15 months away from the city. That's my Sunday lunch, badger74!

Now back to the regularly scheduled discussion of medocre Lynchburg food and better stuff other places.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote: July 10th, 2021, 8:10 am For chicken we love BO. Always fresh, well spiced, and huge pieces of white meat. We have it at least once a week...
Badger, you sound like my kind of people. And the rest of you, don't be hating on Bojangles. :nono
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Andy Chang has been there forever. At least the building has been
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Andy Changs has more traditional offerings that some of the other local "Americanized" Chinese food places don't.

I don't recall exactly what year they opened but it was after we moved here in 2013.

It's easily the best Chinese food in the Lynchburg area.

Be sure to order the xiaolongbao when you go.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: July 10th, 2021, 1:46 pm Andy Changs has more traditional offerings that some of the other local "Americanized" Chinese food places don't.

I don't recall exactly what year they opened but it was after we moved here in 2013.

It's easily the best Chinese food in the Lynchburg area.

Be sure to order the xiaolongbao when you go.
Now I’m curious to remember what the name of the place was before that. It’s always been a Chinese place.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]