This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
This is our big CFAW weekend, and here is a link to all of the activities and events:

https://online.flippingbook.com/view/446658344/
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
3,000 potential students expected. (Hopefully there will be some athletes in the crowd). CFAW is a good recruiting tool, not only will these students see Liberty, they will return to their high schools, and tell others about Liberty.
By Longshots
Sheesh, they're really rolling out the red carpet this spring. Also, is there an Auntie Anne's on-campus, or are my eyes deceiving me? CFAW is huge for the town as well. Hotels for parents and restaurants I'm sure do great this weekend.

No comment about my CFAW experience at this time.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I still get twitches about sharing my dorm room with a 16 year old high school student. I'm not sure if they are doing that this semester with ongoing covid concerns. Great opportunity for new students but it really sucks for current students paying money to the school.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Longshots wrote: April 9th, 2021, 8:42 am Also, is there an Auntie Anne's on-campus, or are my eyes deceiving me?
Yes, Auntie Anne's is in the terrace level Food Court of the library, along with a bagel shop, and a Pizza Hut! :clapping
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Also on tap this weekend on campus, is baseball with lipscomb and softball with North Alabama .
Though no one probably cares.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: April 9th, 2021, 7:18 pm Also on tap this weekend on campus, is baseball with lipscomb and softball with North Alabama .
You've been harping on this a lot lately. Are you doing OK? You seem extra upset about it. As an Army guy, you should know better than to complain without giving solutions. If all you do is complain, typically you're part of the problem. I'm sure you saw that in your active duty days.

Smile man!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Also on tap this weekend on campus, is baseball with lipscomb and softball with North Alabama .
As people your age tell me all the time, “Smile! It ain’t that bad.”
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Just check the number of posts on baseball and softball boards. ( Actually the lack of).

When we played Tennessee, I posted something, and everyone was too lazy, uninformed or something, to get a discussion going. Thus I deleted it.
By Longshots
Baseball (at all levels) is on the decline for many reasons. I would venture to say that any message board sans Vanderbilt has the same metrics when it comes to posts. Not a Liberty issue.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Unfortunately for years now, we have seen a dip in activity after football season. This year the dip wasn't as drastic but it happened. Baseball/softball have never garnered a ton of engagement for the reasons @Longshots described. I don't think anybody should take this personally @ballcoach15
By LU 57
I love baseball and try to catch as many LU games on ESPN+ as I can. I am just not a big poster. I imagine there are many like me.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I watch at least parts of every game but since I rarely have the time during the week to watch an entire game, I don't comment on something I don't see. Doesn't mean I don't follow it closely.

So I agree with you @LU 57, I'm sure there are plenty out there that do the same. Which is why people continue to read the threads and content put out on the main ASOR page.
LU 57 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I mean I have a personal connection with the Men’s soccer team. Yet you don’t hear me whining and complaining that not everyone is as interested as I am.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I spoke to about a 100 students and families at 2:00, and then several of them followed me back to the office to ask more questions. I didn't leave campus until 6:30 on Friday, and then I was back on campus for 12 hours on Saturday where our Quiz Bowl team was competing at Nationals. We finished in 29th place at Nationals out of 63 teams.
ballcoach15, thepostman, ATrain and 1 others liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I love the way you dropped in the awesome Quiz Bowl results. Well done!

I actually have a friend's son who is tracking to be valedictorian of a large school here in our town who is just a sophomore but is VERY interested in the honors program at LU. But he's just a sophomore. I am just jazzed that someone in random town Texas is enthusiastic about the possibility of passing through your office. He'll do CFAW next year.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly, because of Covid, many of the in-state Quiz Bowl powerhouses (UVa, Tech, & VCU) didn't go to Nationals this year, but LU and JMU did our best to represent the Commonwealth.
rtb72, Sly Fox liked this
By cruzan_flame13
I'm on campus and it looks like theres a good amount of CFAWers and parents still here.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: April 12th, 2021, 1:41 pm I'm on campus and it looks like theres a good amount of CFAWers and parents still here.
The college students look younger every year! :shock: This is also the beginning of research week, and 58 Honors students are among those presenting. Some parents who live nearby are on campus to hear their students present their research or their posters. Study
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]