This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Falkirk seems to be brought up in a bunch of threads- I thought it might deserve it’s own.

I follow Messiah College historian John Fea on Twitter, he noticed some changes to the Falkirk website:

Apparently Kirk is now back on the fellows list, but he is still removed from the story of the founding. Gorka is still gone as a fellow. Some shake-ups may be happening behind the scenes here.
By LUAlum1215
Saw something on Twitter last week that Falkirk would be renamed with a different focus on what they're doing, but didn't see anything more than that. Why not clip it entirely and let SOG do its thing like it always has?
Just John liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
What I found more disturbing is that Scott Lamb is making all of the decisions. What school has their communication director make decisions like that.

But the name change does nothing, it will still be a joke. The fliers that they are emailing to everyone is nothing new but I know they are flirting with losing their non tax exemption with all the politics.
By Whatisthetruth
ballah09 wrote: March 17th, 2021, 8:32 am What I found more disturbing is that Scott Lamb is making all of the decisions. What school has their communication director make decisions like that.

But the name change does nothing, it will still be a joke. The fliers that they are emailing to everyone is nothing new but I know they are flirting with losing their non tax exemption with all the politics.
It was probably more like - Hey Lamb, you take the hit on this one. Lamb proposed the original name in the first place!
LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]