This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Careful now, Sly. The meanest lawyer in NYC may be coming for you next. You can run but you can't hide. The Prevo crime family will find you. Hunt you down. And drag your butt into court. Consider yourself warned, my friend.
By Whatisthetruth
paradox wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 9:20 am Careful now, Sly. The meanest lawyer in NYC may be coming for you next. You can run but you can't hide. The Prevo crime family will find you. Hunt you down. And drag your butt into court. Consider yourself warned, my friend.
Paradox, you might be right about Prevo and his gang.

New sexual assault-related lawsuit filed against Liberty University

https://newsadvance.com/news/local/crim ... 1d325.html
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 6:46 pm
paradox wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 9:20 am Careful now, Sly. The meanest lawyer in NYC may be coming for you next. You can run but you can't hide. The Prevo crime family will find you. Hunt you down. And drag your butt into court. Consider yourself warned, my friend.
Paradox, you might be right about Prevo and his gang.

New sexual assault-related lawsuit filed against Liberty University

https://newsadvance.com/news/local/crim ... 1d325.html
Just knowing what you know. Sounds heavy. The sleepless nights and emotional distress must be overwhelming. You can sue for damages, you know. Maybe, you should give the meanest lawyer from somewhere a try.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:
Just knowing what you know. Sounds heavy. The sleepless nights and emotional distress must be overwhelming. You can sue for damages, you know. Maybe, you should give the meanest lawyer from somewhere a try.

Caring about the health and wellbeing of the Liberty community ≠ emotional distress.

You seem dead set on mocking anyone who gives credence to some of the claims. It makes me curious what your angle is. It's clear at this point you're just trolling folks, but I'd just ask why? What's your purpose?

I know you've made it clear that you haven't come to any conclusions about anything, but it's pretty clear that there are folks of a variety of experiences on this board. Enough experience to not assume that their conclusions are based on much more than what they read in the media. I see that. Do you?

Why does it bother you so much that people have witnessed firsthand the leadership issues that exist at Liberty? If anyone is really distressed here, it seems to be you, since you feel the need to minimize the views of the various folks who've chimed in.
By Whatisthetruth
Yacht rock. Don’t forget a current executive ran an online troll farm for Jerry Jr using multiple fake accounts.

The only way to defend what is going on is to belittle anyone who is concerned and appalled by what has been happening.

Let paradox rage against those threatening the big paychecks of the leadership by demanding change. I think his posts are nothing more than cheap entertainment.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Yea indeed....the grand conspiracy is alive and well.

You guys may possibly want to consider an occasional look in the mirror every now and then. What will be, will be. The melodrama is meaningless.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 24th, 2021, 9:44 am Yea indeed....the grand conspiracy is alive and well.

You guys may possibly want to consider an occasional look in the mirror every now and then. What will be, will be. The melodrama is meaningless.
We are in the unfortunate part of the process where less credible claims will push out those with more credibility. There is no Grand Conspiracy afoot. The Board and Junior were corrupt. I don’t believe they all started that way but they’ve certainly ended up there. It’s why I continue to say they all need to be gone. The Board and anyone related with Falwell’s. My only caveat is Jonathon, simply because that’s a bit more complicated
BTW, Falwell’s folks DID run a troll farm. That’s not mellow drama
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Dude....I was actually responding to the likely trolls. You know, people who post on here with zero sports content. That's the context. The drama. The sensationalism. The paranoia. Not buying the "they just care" vibe, at all. It's more like a "burn the mutha down" feel.

Obviously, a decade-plus of Junior and his posse in charge, leaves us vulnerable to say the very least. Not sure where any of it is headed? Nonetheless, every allegation can't be all true and every allegation can't be all false either. Reality check. We're in the dark. That's who we are. Why pretend to know?
Purple Haize, LUOrange liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
If this part of the forum makes you feel uncomfortable due to the lack of sports, you’re more than welcome to stick to those threads.

This forum has had discussions for more than athletics for the eight or nine years I’ve been on it. No trolling involved.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
No use talking out of school. What's the point? Why overplay your hand when you're in the dark? What does that prove? Better to keep an open mind. Keep your cool. Less gossip.
Last edited by paradox on November 25th, 2021, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Whatisthetruth
paradox wrote: November 24th, 2021, 3:50 pm Need less talking out of school. What's the point? No use overplaying your hand when you're in the dark. What does that prove? Better to keep an open mind. Keep your cool.
And another employee sues the school. You better call the meanest lawyer to keep everyone quiet paradox

Former Liberty employee, who handled sex discrimination and harassment, sues school

https://wset.com/news/abc13-investigate ... g-virginia
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
The "meanest lawyer" hyperbole is your invention. You own that one. Apparently, you were rambling about LU going after employees with the"meanest lawyer in NY." Sly was thinking Michael Cohen. I was thinking Leonard Cohen. It's confusing. As it turns out, we have employees suing LU and not so much the other way around.

Not expecting much change until things run their course with Junior. Seems like we need a peace treaty with the guy. Also, are we done being burned by this guy? You tell me.

What are your thoughts?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 25th, 2021, 9:01 am The "meanest lawyer" hyperbole is your invention. You own that one. Apparently, you were rambling about LU going after employees with the"meanest lawyer in NY." Sly was thinking Michael Cohen. I was thinking Leonard Cohen. It's confusing. As it turns out, we have employees suing LU and not so much the other way around.

Not expecting much change until things run their course with Junior. Seems like we need a peace treaty with the guy. Also, are we done being burned by this guy? You tell me.

What are your thoughts?
Maybe I’m a little late on the uptake: are you suggesting these lawsuits are in some way coming from JJ in retaliation for the university’s lawsuit against him? If he can’t run it, “burn” it to the ground?

Btw, we have former employees suing LU. The only former employee LU has sued is…JJ.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 10:08 am
paradox wrote: November 25th, 2021, 9:01 am The "meanest lawyer" hyperbole is your invention. You own that one. Apparently, you were rambling about LU going after employees with the"meanest lawyer in NY." Sly was thinking Michael Cohen. I was thinking Leonard Cohen. It's confusing. As it turns out, we have employees suing LU and not so much the other way around.

What are your thoughts?
Maybe I’m a little late on the uptake: are you suggesting these lawsuits are in some way coming from JJ in retaliation for the university’s lawsuit against him? If he can’t run it, “burn” it to the ground?

Btw, we have former employees suing LU. The only former employee LU has sued is…JJ.
Absolutely can see Junior taking a scorched earth approach
By Whatisthetruth

What are your thoughts?
In my opinion Jr will continue to burn LU. Both directly with his lawsuit, the lawsuit against him, and by encouraging others to sue. He will also do it indirectly through the mess he created over the years. The way Title 9 was setup and run, HR, LUPD, are also great examples. If the feds investigate the CMA deal, property deals, Chris Doyle deals, etc. the guy literally has nothing else to lose.

Why LU just doesn’t come clean about his wrong doing is beyond me. The Johnnie Moore playbook of accusing people of participating in a conspiracy is not a winning strategy.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 25th, 2021, 9:01 am The "meanest lawyer" hyperbole is your invention. You own that one. Apparently, you were rambling about LU going after employees with the"meanest lawyer in NY." Sly was thinking Michael Cohen. I was thinking Leonard Cohen. It's confusing.

What are your thoughts?
Whose idea was the"meanest lawyer?". At least let the originator own it.
By lawdawg2002
My understanding from someone who is close to a board member is that "changes" are not really waiting as much on things with junior, it is more about the sexual harassment issues that are still not finished coming out. Also, don't assume that "changes" mean anything more than most current board members picking their own replacements as they roll off.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
lawdawg2002 wrote: November 25th, 2021, 9:55 pm My understanding from someone who is close to a board member is that "changes" are not really waiting as much on things with junior, it is more about the sexual harassment issues that are still not finished coming out. Also, don't assume that "changes" mean anything more than most current board members picking their own replacements as they roll off.
I would hope that whomever they name President, that the person coming in, would be smart enough to make the entire board resign, before he/she accept the job. If they don't I would doubt their ability to lead.
Sly Fox liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I am still having difficulty understanding how anyone is holding Prevo accountable as president when he is part of the organization that is tasked with holding him accountable. A quick check of Virginia law somehow makes it legal for him to directly financially benefit from decisions of the board. But ethically from a governance perspective his president and board roles are in direct contradiction with each other. How has this not yet been addressed? Of course he could recuse himself from financial benefits as president. Then again he's living his best life now on LU's nickel while playing both sides. Isn't retirement awesome?

We are now closing in on a month and the school has yet to publicly state who is currently on its board of trustees. The lack of accountability of those charged with holding Prevo accounatble borders on malfeasance. Some might suggest that under the current circumstances it is indeed malfeasance. Keep in mind, that the university if a non-profit. Unless you are Jerry Prevo and it is basically an ATM with no withdrawal limits.
By lawdawg2002
This is part of the problem. There is an assumption on the board that LU will have the same legal standing as their churches or ministries. There will be very little extra legal protection for LU because they receive federal funds through student loans, military, etc. When the feds finally come around, the board will circle the wagons and claim religious persecution. Are there people out to get LU? Yes. Could LU carry out its purpose without running afoul of the law and giving them an opening? Absolutely. The board has too much of a mentality that they are going to do whatever they want and when someone calls them on it, they are going to claim they are martyrs because the people will buy it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
As I’m coming out of y food coma from yesterday (big shout out to County Smoak for the insanely delicious smoked Turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce and Mac n cheese. ) an interesting thought and observation percolated to my head. Let’s look back to 2016 or 2019. Who would have thought those two “controversial “ hires would turn out to be men of more integrity then the ones who hired them and were their ‘Bosses? I for one am grateful I was wrong about Ian. He has certainly proven to be a man of integrity and competency. A rare find at LU in the upper ranks. Lessons learned he’s done an unbelievable job taking a wallowing Athletic Department and dragging it into a level of professionalism and responsibility that others had tried but were thrashed at every turn. Universally he is respected by those who work for him and I have heard nothing but great things about his management style and commitment. HCHF is a bit of a different bird but he has people believing in the FB team and is a great face for the university. I’m not sure I’d put him on the same level as Ian, but the man’s actions have followed his public statements and that counts for something in my book.
These same accolades cannot be heaped upon anyone in LU leadership over those same time periods.
flamehunter, flameshaw, LU 57 and 5 others liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 26th, 2021, 12:07 pm As I’m coming out of y food coma from yesterday (big shout out to County Smoak for the insanely delicious smoked Turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce and Mac n cheese. ) an interesting thought and observation percolated to my head. Let’s look back to 2016 or 2019. Who would have thought those two “controversial “ hires would turn out to be men of more integrity then the ones who hired them and were their ‘Bosses? I for one am grateful I was wrong about Ian. He has certainly proven to be a man of integrity and competency. A rare find at LU in the upper ranks. Lessons learned he’s done an unbelievable job taking a wallowing Athletic Department and dragging it into a level of professionalism and responsibility that others had tried but were thrashed at every turn. Universally he is respected by those who work for him and I have heard nothing but great things about his management style and commitment. HCHF is a bit of a different bird but he has people believing in the FB team and is a great face for the university. I’m not sure I’d put him on the same level as Ian, but the man’s actions have followed his public statements and that counts for something in my book.
These same accolades cannot be heaped upon anyone in LU leadership over those same time periods.
Have thought the same thing, many times. And to think we only vetted Ian for 4 days. 8) 8)
LU 57 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]