This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: February 10th, 2023, 11:41 pm You would think Boreck may have been a fit for the search committee.
Let’s not get carried away here :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: February 11th, 2023, 3:11 pm Honestly I can't think of another reason that he is still on the board until the next accreditation review.
His sole purpose is to grease the accreditation wheels. As long as he does that he earns his keep. For better or worse
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Honestly I can't think of another reason that he is still on the board until the next accreditation review.

I wasn't aware of any issues as I was on the West Coast when he was active at LU and news didn't travel then like it does now. I defer to your wisdom and knowledge. :D
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It's been re-named the "Standing for Freedom Center". One of their fine members was on twitter calling out Tim Keller for being a leftist mere days after he passed away. Classy. Teaming with registered sex offenders seems on brand.
Just John liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The board is meeting this week. I wouldn't expect any changes in structure or makeup in spite of the clear needs.

I have also heard that Prevo has re-entrenched himself in influence of the board. That is terrible news for substantial change occurring.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
These systems of governance are weird to me: the president appoints the board, and the board appoints the president. How can a new president change the guys who got him the gig?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The executive committee determines the makeup and systems of powers. Historically we have had an undisputed leader in the chancellor/president chair that could guide and direct who was in that select group of individuals who are tasked with oversight and governance. Unfortunately for President Costin, he's walked directly into existing structures that became even more entrenched in the absence of leadership the past few years. For all intents and purposes, Prevo essentially kinged himself and allegedly now still holds the strings.

And let's remember, President Costin has only been in office a few months. He is still learning the players and dynamics now from the inside. At some point he'll be in a position to not only cast a vision, but turn it into reality. But that takes time. In the interim, here we are.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 9:42 am He’s certainly spinning it as provocatively as he can to sell the book!
I'll be buying it.

Perhaps I should also write my own, lol.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Falwell Jr. is slamming his brother, current Liberty Chancellor Jonathan Falwell, for trying to actually run it like a legitimate Christian educational institution rather than a front for training hardcore culture warriors.
This just shows how petty he is.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Dr. Prior seems to endorse the book, stating that it provides "Much needed devastation." Jerry Jr. knows where the bodies are hidden, and if he wants to take down the BoT with him, I fully support the endeavor.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The dude can save it for court while under oath. Allowing him a platform where he shares pages with victims of abuse that he helped enable the cover-up of just doesn't fly with me. Especially since he hasn't proven to be trustworthy on just about anything he says.
rtb72 liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 6:41 pm I believe that book should be on the Fiction Shelves in the library and bookstores on December 5th. Some of it is true, but there's a lot of fiction in it.
Oh, have you gotten an advance copy already?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 4:22 pm The dude can save it for court while under oath. Allowing him a platform where he shares pages with victims of abuse that he helped enable the cover-up of just doesn't fly with me. Especially since he hasn't proven to be trustworthy on just about anything he says.
I understand, we'll have to agree to disagree about the book.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Interesting that the brothers aren’t standing next to each other. Nor are the families.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]