This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: August 10th, 2022, 4:59 pm Yea didn't everyone get a raise and then a massive shift in PTO (starting out with 4 weeks now instead of the standard 3 + allowing for 5 days of rollover)? Seems small on the surface but that PTO change was huge.
Yeah, there’s been a couple of rounds of raises, PTO changes, other things, mostly getting caught up to standard practices at other schools. For staff members, education benefits are now immediately accessible, used to have to work 6 months before being eligible.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I’m on the record as saying the two year wait is fine. You could hire the finest search firm in the land, nobody ideal was going to come anywhere near this dumpster fire at that time. Now? Much better.

Doesn’t mean I agree with Prevo getting those two years. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.
stokesjokes, Baybird, ATrain liked this
By Ill flame
I'm sure the board won't allow it but I hope the next president has a different vision for the think tank. Preferably changing it to something that's actually Christian instead of overtly political.
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: August 11th, 2022, 8:56 am If truth were to be known, the think tank should probably be eliminated.
What think tank?
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote: August 11th, 2022, 8:56 am If truth were to be known, the think tank should probably be eliminated.
What think tank?
I think we're talking about the former Falkirk center. Can't remember its current name.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I hear your thoughts, jk37. But if we had legitimate leadership we probably would have managed the sexial assault crisi much better. We might also have not been kryptonite in the last round of conference realignment. As a result, I am not sure we have as much stink off of us as we'd prefer.
ATrain liked this
Sly Fox wrote:I hear your thoughts, jk37. But if we had legitimate leadership we probably would have managed the sexial assault crisi much better. We might also have not been kryptonite in the last round of conference realignment. As a result, I am not sure we have as much stink off of us as we'd prefer.
Good point, Sly. I almost wonder if we need to see the next President as someone who can bridge that gap for us (over needing to find the right person for a 15-20 year tenure); someone who can get us through the next 5-7 years of the changing landscape and leave it in the hands of an academic that can take LU to new heights in research, athletics, and academic prowess.
By Ill flame
Given our place as the biggest evangelical college in the country we shouldn't have any issues finding one qualified person in this country that would love the massive opportunity Liberty can provide. I would start looking at the hundreds of smaller christian schools and see if there are any up and coming presidents that fit what we need. There will always be a certain layer of "stink" since that's the nature of this school so I hope they don't use that as an excuse to settle for someone less qualified even if it's for another relatively short stint.
Ill flame wrote: August 11th, 2022, 5:58 pm Given our place as the biggest evangelical college in the country we shouldn't have any issues finding one qualified person in this country that would love the massive opportunity Liberty can provide. I would start looking at the hundreds of smaller christian schools and see if there are any up and coming presidents that fit what we need. There will always be a certain layer of "stink" since that's the nature of this school so I hope they don't use that as an excuse to settle for someone less qualified even if it's for another relatively short stint.
Definitely need to continue praying for the Lord to provide a men and women who is qualified and will improve the direction of the university. Not only that we need a President, but the entire leadership office IMO. I hope this individual can establish a group of individual with expertise along with qualifications that will improve and expand all levels of academia, connection/service on campus plus locally and to continue using athletics to promote the gospel in a national and international stage (since we have online students overseas). Then I hope this group can analyze the board that we have and make some real changes. The wolves in sheep clothing needs to be removed. Prayer works y'all 8)
Dalegarz1 liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He has been an obvious candidate from day one. And I doubt he would have shied away from us before Prevo appointed himself Pope for Life. Alas here we stand.

Not yet 58, he makes a ton of sense on multiple levels. But is he good with being run by a board who will relinquish power only out of their cold, dead hands?
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 16th, 2022, 5:41 pm He has been an obvious candidate from day one. And I doubt he would have shied away from us before Prevo appointed himself Pope for Life. Alas here we stand.

Not yet 58, he makes a ton of sense on multiple levels. But is he good with being run by a board who will relinquish power only out of their cold, dead hands?
Not too impressed if he had anything to do with hiring their current AD or previous football coach. 8) 8)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He didn't come to Chuck South until 2018 two years after Chadwell had left to Coastal and the current AD arrived from Lynchburg. And keep in mind he has had to operate CSU on duct tape and bailing wire to keep the place afloat after the pyramid scheme scam hit an already under-funded school. On paper he makes a ton of sense.

I am curious what types of candidates the search firm brings to the surface. There could be some folks with military backgrounds like Condi or wee could see some names pop up from business or heaven forbid political worlds.
flameshaw liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 17th, 2022, 9:46 am He didn't come to Chuck South until 2018 two years after Chadwell had left to Coastal and the current AD arrived from Lynchburg. And keep in mind he has had to operate CSU on duct tape and bailing wire to keep the place afloat after the pyramid scheme scam hit an already under-funded school. On paper he makes a ton of sense.

I am curious what types of candidates the search firm brings to the surface. There could be some folks with military backgrounds like Condi or wee could see some names pop up from business or heaven forbid political worlds.
Hopefully 1st has a long track recorded of believing in sound doctrine, like Jeremiah, Graham, Jonathan etc. teach. Then academics. Someone with a military background would nice, as long as they are on record pushing bake against wokeism.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: August 17th, 2022, 9:46 am He didn't come to Chuck South until 2018 two years after Chadwell had left to Coastal and the current AD arrived from Lynchburg. And keep in mind he has had to operate CSU on duct tape and bailing wire to keep the place afloat after the pyramid scheme scam hit an already under-funded school. On paper he makes a ton of sense.

It’s Liberty. The first people they will look at are Political
ballcoach15 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 17th, 2022, 12:37 pm

It’s Liberty. The first people they will look at are Political
Supposition. There is no evidence to support that. Especially since we have only had 3 Presidents and none of them were politicians. One preacher, one president, a lawyer that could not tame some significant internal demons and one OLD fundy that is enjoying the perks of the position, without earning them. Admittedly Jerry and Jr. were very political. However, I believe it is too soon to leap to that conclusion. There are many former politicians in academia. Don't hear many people complaining about it. Personally, I hope we don't go in that direction, but it is far from a certainty.
By LUOrange
At this point, I don't care who the next President is so long as he bans the use of all that ridiculous baby powder blue uniforms! On top of that eliminate all of the "secondary colors" and just go with the red, white and (navy) blue!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: August 18th, 2022, 8:06 pm At this point, I don't care who the next President is so long as he bans the use of all that ridiculous baby powder blue uniforms! On top of that eliminate all of the "secondary colors" and just go with the red, white and (navy) blue!
1. The lighter blue is growing on me
2. I believe you mean Tertiary color. Even though you listed 3 colors in your complaint
By LUOrange
Purple Haize wrote: August 18th, 2022, 8:43 pm
LUOrange wrote: August 18th, 2022, 8:06 pm At this point, I don't care who the next President is so long as he bans the use of all that ridiculous baby powder blue uniforms! On top of that eliminate all of the "secondary colors" and just go with the red, white and (navy) blue!
1. The lighter blue is growing on me
2. I believe you mean Tertiary color. Even though you listed 3 colors in your complaint
The Liberty Flames Podcast with the Marketing Team about the logo called the light blue, grey, and off-white our "secondary colors," and the red, white and (navy) blue as our primary colors. Either way, the secondary's need to go, especially that light blue!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]