This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

I absolutely love the Costin pick. I'm so so so so glad. I almost wish he was the Chancellor, though? And we could bring in another PhD from a different field. In any case, onwards and upwards!
Don’t know much about the man other than his resume bullet points, but looks good. The most important thing here though is that we don’t have to read any more pearl clutching about Prevo. Hope this President brings the university all of the respect from the academic and media worlds the some here desire.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Another possible target for an announcement is the conclusion of the spring board meeting. At least one friend on the presidential search watch said their understanding is that the board meeting is the target event for an announcement. I don't have any way to verify that, so it's a much a possibility as anything else!
[/quote]

I heard basically the same thing, including next Friday as "announcement day".
[/quote]
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The good news is that they appears to get this presidential hire right base don initial impressions.

The bad news is that Prevo is hanging on to power as long as he can.

Jonathan to Chancellor is what most of us suspected all along. There was significant discussion of Will Graham into that role for awhile. Hopefully the Falwell name is not damaged to a point where it is difficult for us to gain credibility moving forward.
cruzan_flame13 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 2:28 pm Prevo is going to miss that private jet usage. Hope doesn't forget his "Honorary Doctorate" with you when you pack up and head back to Alaska :lol:.
You’re assuming he still doesn’t have access to it
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]