This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 2nd, 2020, 11:10 pm Let me one up you my friend with one colossal name from the past: Ergun Caner---the prince of apologetics.
I would love to see Caner return, either as president or to take Nasser's job.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
You may or may not know about Alvin Plantigna. Anyone who knows about him, knows that he's not a joke. The joke is LU dropping philosophy. Just contrasting the highest standards versus LU lowing its standards in this area. Hopefully, that get's fixed--and they avoid the pitfalls of elevating the next Caners on the world.
Purple Haize liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I remember Caner telling a story about his son getting locked in the car with the car running and Caner smashing the window open. But the car was running, just call a locksmith! Or your wife!

That’s when I started questioning his judgment :lol: :lol: :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
John Piper’s Liberty Convocation Pulled After Election Post

University said Piper's appearance with J. D. Greear was “unfortunate timing,” falling the same week as his viral article decrying both presidential candidates.
SOURCE
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I just like how they claimed to do it because they didn't want any controversy at this time and now they have caused controversy...

Also, has nobody actually read what Piper said? It wasn't anything close to what people on right or left seem to think it was. It was not an endorsement of anybody.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 3rd, 2020, 2:25 pm Who is John Piper ?
Do you not pay attention to anything anybody else posts on here? He has been mentioned numerous times over the past couple of years.

He is a very well known theologian. Here is his website and a wiki page just for you.

https://www.desiringgod.org/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Piper_(theologian)
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, L[…]

DOE Report

Looks like the DOE is getting warmed up... Gra[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]