This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
My church plant was sponsored by the SBC, thank you 8)

I like plenty of Baptists, just not the ones you like :lol:

And @ballcoach15, we’re never getting back to sports, we’ll find something else to gripe about
By rmiller1959
LUOrange wrote:
TH Spangler wrote: April 18th, 2021, 8:32 am We have a great candidate already on campus. Dr David Brat.
Does Dave Brat and Robert Hurt still work for liberty?
They are both still on campus:

https://www.liberty.edu/business/faculty/david-brat/
https://www.liberty.edu/government/robert-hurt/

Dave Brat was the lead for the Equity for Africa summit held last week, and Robert Hurt hosted Marc Short, the former vice-president's chief of staff, during his visit to the Helms School of Government last week.
LUOrange liked this
By stokesjokes
He sounds like the best choice for an internal hire, he certainly has the academic chops. I think there would also be value in an external hire, especially if we are trying to change the administrative culture.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 9:33 am He sounds like the best choice for an internal hire, he certainly has the academic chops. I think there would also be value in an external hire, especially if we are trying to change the administrative culture.
External hire? Here you go. .... Sekulow became interested in Christianity and converted to Messianic Judaism after encountering Jews for Jesus.[6][9] Sekulow earned a Ph.D. from Regent University in 2004, writing his dissertation on religious influence on Supreme Court Justices and their opinions.
LUOrange, sstaedtler liked this
By stokesjokes
He’d be interesting. What I like about Brat is the academic experience as dean. Sekulow would have every qualification except the experience in higher ed. For me, I’d like for the hire to be someone outside of the political sphere, but I know that’s not really in LU’s nature. In that respect, I’m self-aware enough to know that I’m pushing for LU to be something it’s never really been.
ASUN Tournament

Not sure how I feel about JU’s decision […]

Maricopa County audit

Things are heating up in AZ and it's not even summ[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Yesterday, had a guy ask me where my mask was. […]

I don't know all that much about the place, but […]