This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By sstaedtler
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 24th, 2020, 5:56 pm Let’s bring that discussion here.

What qualifications do you want them to have?

What changes would you like to see made?

Who is on your short list?
I want them to be biblically sound. No caving on LGBT issues or other theological issues to people who are out to change Liberty's doctrinal beliefs.

Also, if they believe in Critical Race Theory or any facets of intersectionality, that is disqualifying for me. I don't want a social justice warrior.

I want them to be more spiritual than political. They are allowed to have political opinions, but the problem was Jerry was 100% political and 0% spiritual. Certainly keep from constant comments politically on Twitter.
Last edited by sstaedtler on August 24th, 2020, 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:30 pm
Sly Fox wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:25 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:22 pm I’d love a woman leading the school.
Are you referencing a former FlameFans poster?
No. Was just saying I think given the dictatorship we are leaving, having a woman lead would be welcomed.
Women can’t be dictators?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: August 24th, 2020, 8:03 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 24th, 2020, 7:59 pm I’ve always been an advocate of elevating up from the multitude of smaller Christian Colleges and Universities. The talent and leadership are out there.
Cedarville? King College? Abilene Christian?
There are scores to chose from
Purple Haize wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:37 pm
Sly Fox wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:25 pm

Are you referencing a former FlameFans poster?
No. Was just saying I think given the dictatorship we are leaving, having a woman lead would be welcomed.
They absolutely can be (see: Becki Falwell). They more often than not aren’t though.

I don’t think being a woman is a requirement by any means for the next president. I was responding to the discussion bringing up multiple women as options already that I’d like having a woman lead the school.
The new president must be:

1. Obviously a Biblical Christian

2. Against Wokeness, Critical Race Theory/Intersectionality and Social Justice movement.

Who I would want:

1. Dr. Voddie Baucham - Dean of the Seminary at Africa Christian University.

2. Dr. Emir Caner - President of Truett McConnell University.

3. Dr. Joel Beeke - President of the Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary
If he didn’t have cancer, I wouldn’t be opposed to Tim Keller getting a look. He doesn’t have the academic background, but when it comes to “training champions for Christ” there’s almost no one who has done it better. He also has experience leading large organizations. Get a strong provost and COO and that could’ve been a great combo.
By LUAlum1215
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:41 pm The new president must be:

2. Against Wokeness, Critical Race Theory/Intersectionality and Social Justice movement.

Who I would want:

I can't help but think there is a next to zero chance of getting a Caner back on the mountain. I don't remember enough detail about the whole Ergun fiasco but definitely enjoyed his preaching my first couple of years at LU.
Jonathan Carone liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:41 pm

They absolutely can be (see: Becki Falwell). They more often than not aren’t though.

I don’t think being a woman is a requirement by any means for the next president. I was responding to the discussion bringing up multiple women as options already that I’d like having a woman lead the school.
What!?!? They can be every bit as dictatorial as men. Good grief. Your statements are not consistent at all. You want a woman because the last regime was dictatorial. Then you turn around and say the last regime was dictatorial BECAUSE of a woman Being a woman has absolutely 0 to do with anything except to the Woke Brigade.
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
LUAlum1215 wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:50 pm
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:41 pm The new president must be:

Who I would want:

I can't help but think there is a next to zero chance of getting a Caner back on the mountain. I don't remember enough detail about the whole Ergun fiasco but definitely enjoyed his preaching my first couple of years at LU.
Fraud is the legal definition...
Purple Haize wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:54 pm

What!?!? They can be every bit as dictatorial as men. Good grief. Your statements are not consistent at all. You want a woman because the last regime was dictatorial. Then you turn around and say the last regime was dictatorial BECAUSE of a woman Being a woman has absolutely 0 to do with anything except to the Woke Brigade.
I never spoke in absolutes. There are always examples proving the opposite.

More often than not female leaders are not dictatorial leaders. I don’t see why that is such a controversial statement to make.

Becki is the exception, not the rule.
By VarsityLu
Mark DeMoss. If he says no, just put him back on the board and go with Jim Tressel.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I would heartily endorse Mark DeMoss rejoining the board. Since he shut down his firm last year, he should be available. We need tough folks willing to hold leadership accountable. And if they have LU credentials all the better.

Whoever lands in the permanent position will have their work cut out for them reworking the upper echelons of the organization.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 24th, 2020, 10:00 pm
Purple Haize wrote: August 24th, 2020, 9:54 pm

I never spoke in absolutes. There are always examples proving the opposite.

More often than not female leaders are not dictatorial leaders. I don’t see why that is such a controversial statement to make.

Becki is the exception, not the rule.
Totally disagree with that statement. It’s about equal. I can speak from my experience and Mrs Purple’s experience. There’s a huge push to say that Women should create HERstory. Women are great. I love women. Married one. Dated several Worked for many. There are just as many women in leadership roles that are dictators as there are me. To think otherwise is naive and looking to score Woke Points.

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.