This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
My church plant was sponsored by the SBC, thank you 8)

I like plenty of Baptists, just not the ones you like :lol:

And @ballcoach15, we’re never getting back to sports, we’ll find something else to gripe about
By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote:
TH Spangler wrote: April 18th, 2021, 8:32 am We have a great candidate already on campus. Dr David Brat.
Does Dave Brat and Robert Hurt still work for liberty?
They are both still on campus:

https://www.liberty.edu/business/faculty/david-brat/
https://www.liberty.edu/government/robert-hurt/

Dave Brat was the lead for the Equity for Africa summit held last week, and Robert Hurt hosted Marc Short, the former vice-president's chief of staff, during his visit to the Helms School of Government last week.
LUOrange liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
He sounds like the best choice for an internal hire, he certainly has the academic chops. I think there would also be value in an external hire, especially if we are trying to change the administrative culture.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 9:33 am He sounds like the best choice for an internal hire, he certainly has the academic chops. I think there would also be value in an external hire, especially if we are trying to change the administrative culture.
External hire? Here you go. .... Sekulow became interested in Christianity and converted to Messianic Judaism after encountering Jews for Jesus.[6][9] Sekulow earned a Ph.D. from Regent University in 2004, writing his dissertation on religious influence on Supreme Court Justices and their opinions.
LUOrange, sstaedtler liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
He’d be interesting. What I like about Brat is the academic experience as dean. Sekulow would have every qualification except the experience in higher ed. For me, I’d like for the hire to be someone outside of the political sphere, but I know that’s not really in LU’s nature. In that respect, I’m self-aware enough to know that I’m pushing for LU to be something it’s never really been.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
9 months have passed since Prevo was installed. We have still yet to a hear a peep from the search committee. Maybe because until Prevo loads up up his bank account enough and moves into his retirement home at LU on the school's nickel we won't have anything to hear. Oh wait, there may be some more of his cronies in Anchorage he can hook up. This may take quite awhile. It is good to be king and even better when it is self-appointed with no one to check you.
Sly Fox wrote: May 25th, 2021, 12:55 pm 9 months have passed since Prevo was installed. We have still yet to a hear a peep from the search committee. Maybe because until Prevo loads up up his bank account enough and moves into his retirement home at LU on the school's nickel we won't have anything to hear. Oh wait, there may be some more of his cronies in Anchorage he can hook up. This may take quite awhile. It is good to be king and even better when it is self-appointed with no one to check you.
Share your legitimate concerns. I have heard from a bored member, that JP seems to be enjoying the perks of the job. As I have said before, finding a new leader should have taken about 3-4 weeks at most. The fact that no news has been shared on the status of the search, if there is one going on, is disturbing. I will give JP credit for getting rid of "fancy pants", but that should have happened day one. There was enough to act on, he was just concerned about the possible blow back. Someone in that room, needs to grow a pair.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Top 5 Legitimate Concerns

1. Prevo does not have the academic credentials. Period. An honorary doctorate from slimeballJack Hyles of all people?
2. He pushed for board to remove the interim tag to gain full powers of the entire school
3. He is lavishing in the salary that was established for his predecessor based on benchmarks of financial success for the school. Prevo has done nothing to earn a salary of that size with no end in sight. That only encourages him to belly up to the trough for as long as possible.
4. He is hiring in former associates to well paid positions of authority with no ability for anyone under him to check his unilateral authority. IFB Cronyism of its most blatant nature.
5. He orchestrated a scandal-plagued octagenerian be pushed up to the executive committee by giving one of the few people in the executive committee with the audacity to ask questions the boot.
ballcoach15, thepostman, flameshaw and 3 others liked this
Sly Fox wrote: May 25th, 2021, 5:22 pm Top 5 Legitimate Concerns

1. Prevo does not have the academic credentials. Period. An honorary doctorate from slimeballJack Hyles of all people?
2. He pushed for board to remove the interim tag to gain full powers of the entire school
3. He is lavishing in the salary that was established for his predecessor based on benchmarks of financial success for the school. Prevo has done nothing to earn a salary of that size with no end in sight. That only encourages him to belly up to the trough for as long as possible.
4. He is hiring in former associates to well paid positions of authority with no ability for anyone under him to check his unilateral authority. IFB Cronyism of its most blatant nature.
5. He orchestrated a scandal-plagued octagenerian be pushed up to the executive committee by giving one of the few people in the executive committee with the audacity to ask questions the boot.
If I were to put this post to music

tyndal23, stokesjokes liked this
By rtb72
Sly Fox wrote: May 25th, 2021, 12:55 pm 9 months have passed since Prevo was installed. We have still yet to a hear a peep from the search committee. Maybe because until Prevo loads up up his bank account enough and moves into his retirement home at LU on the school's nickel we won't have anything to hear. Oh wait, there may be some more of his cronies in Anchorage he can hook up. This may take quite awhile. It is good to be king and even better when it is self-appointed with no one to check you.
So essentially there has been no culture change, per se, and LU has learned NOTHING from the last debacle. The very environment you speak of is, in part, what helped create "the monster" before.....and as it is....will do so again. I will not be surprised if we hear nothing more about this elusive "search committee". Frankly, I'll be shocked if we do. At this point, I think it was nothing more than smoke and mirrors to pacify "the sheep".
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I can sympathize with the frustration. However, on the upside, we seem to have severed ties with Junior and Trey and the whole family bloodline succession plan.

Also, I'm not so sure that a qualified new guy would want to come in here and deal with Junior's resentment along with the potential for continued drama. The smoke will clear eventually though.
Purple Haize wrote: May 25th, 2021, 8:44 pm
Sly Fox wrote: May 25th, 2021, 5:22 pm Top 5 Legitimate Concerns

If I were to put this post to music

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss
Purple Haize liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Ol' Pete Townsend would probably be the first to admit that he did, in fact, get fooled again. And again and again and again........ on a side note, great lyricist and underrated guitar player.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
So here it is. Evidence that zero work has been done in the search for new leadership. And check out their timeline:
Liberty News Release wrote: After the university has fully implemented the Board’s governance changes and their operational counterparts, the committee will launch the searches during the summer of 2022. The search committee intends on having both leaders in place for the summer of 2023. The board expressed full confidence in Prevo continuing to serve as President through the May 2023 Commencement.
Click Here for Entire Release

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Apparently it takes 15 months to decade they might be ready to start a search. Then it will another 18 months to actually do a search. You have got to be kidding me!

At least they didn't completely suspend the search since "The board expressed full confidence in Prevo continuing to serve as President". :roll:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
That entire release was completely tone deaf and not at all in touch with reality. Zero acknowledgement of their own shortcomings and pretending this has been some kind of banner year.

I don't trust this search. Not even in the slightest.
flamehunter liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]