This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 15th, 2021, 10:19 am There are plenty of seats on commercial flights these days that are much more economical. And these get-togethers for 50th anniversary aren't exactly major events. We had one in Houston and for the most part no one in alumni community knew it even happened.
Coming carbon tax will park a lot of planes. :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Just what we needed. Another crony convention.

And I agree, the guy wouldn't leave his post and move over 4k miles if not promised long-term employment.

I am seriously curious if a search committee truly ever had intentions to do a real search or if it was just a rubber stamp to give underqualified Prevo the job permanently. This is really disappointing.

Who has the capability of bringing this forward from the shadows into the open? Do we need to recruit a current board member to call for transparency?
flamehunter, Just John liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:54 am Just what we needed. Another crony convention.

And I agree, the guy wouldn't leave his post and move over 4k miles if not promised long-term employment.

I am seriously curious if a search committee truly ever had intentions to do a real search or if it was just a rubber stamp to give underqualified Prevo the job permanently. This is really disappointing.

Who has the capability of bringing this forward from the shadows into the open? Do we need to recruit a current board member to call for transparency?
Not sure you would find one who would comply. Don't like the direction this train is running.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: March 23rd, 2021, 11:54 am Just what we needed. Another crony convention.

This is where Save71, with proper motives, could play a part. That being said, I'm all for taking part in a cabal that has a goal of putting in some leadership that has both character and academic chops...and I'm sure there are folks that fit both of these.
rmiller1959 wrote: March 24th, 2021, 2:06 pm "Clary is a pastor at Anchorage Baptist Temple, but has announced his retirement to take up leadership of Liberty University’s 'Standing for Freedom Center' as vice president of Strategic Partnerships and Alliances."

https://mustreadalaska.com/alaska-gop-c ... -virginia/
He certainly fits into the team concept of hiring unqualified individuals for top leadership roles.
Jonathan Carone wrote: March 24th, 2021, 7:20 pm Except he’s an unqualified university president bringing in one of his cronies to lead a university funded “think tank” that does no academic research and actually diminishes the work our School of Government is doing.

Other than that, no biggie.
So....par for the course
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I’m just relieved it’s not an actual university post. I wish the former Falkirk center didn’t exist, but I don’t really care much who runs it. My standards and expectations there are very low.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
rmiller1959 wrote: March 24th, 2021, 2:06 pm "Clary is a pastor at Anchorage Baptist Temple, but has announced his retirement to take up leadership of Liberty University’s 'Standing for Freedom Center' as vice president of Strategic Partnerships and Alliances."

I wonder how long before we see "he who should not be mentioned" in an administrative post...and I'm not referring toa Falwell.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: March 24th, 2021, 9:49 pm

I wonder how long before we see "he who should not be mentioned" in an administrative post...and I'm not referring toa Falwell.
It’s been a well circulated rumor
thepostman wrote: March 25th, 2021, 4:53 pm The fact he is bringing in his buddies tells me he won't be stepping down anytime soon. What an absolute joke.
The University was on a real nice trajectory. This feels like a step back. A retreat into small thinking and Tribalism. For Junior’s faults he thought big. He’s probably just sitting back in the corner somewhere watching the Prevo performance at this point. This is NOT a road LU should go down. They have the opportunity to catapult into very exhausted heights and now they seem to be to scared to seize the opportunity and are shrinking from it. Something NEITHER Falwell would ever do
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He doesn't even have to stay in the corner to watch, he is hanging out on campus not even trying to hide as if nothing has happened. That is the kind of leadership we have.

I love the school and a lot of the people there but I'm probably going to have distance myself more and more at this rate.
adam42381 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What about this should be encouraging? We have essentially be lied to about Jerry Prevo's role and it seems to continue to grow and now he is bringing on his buddies. This isn't a retirement club.

I have my own issues with Save71, but anybody encouraged by what is going on here isn't paying attention. Go back and read what PH had to say. It is a pretty good summary of what is really going on here.
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 7 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]