This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
This whole issue is so stupid.

Go out and play in the snow and quit worrying about the far left hating us for whatever we do. They already do. And there's nothing you can ever do or say to change their minds.
flameshaw, Purple Haize liked this
By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 4th, 2021, 6:49 pm Right. Because that’s what the complaint was.
The complaint was about young adults going outside in the snow and possibly giving or gaining covid. The issue is if the people complaining actually know how viruses work and only take the word from administrative doctors who have connections to corporations(or grants from the government) that always give us their flip flop solutions (these corps. who usually recall tons of their materials plus gain many lawsuit cases for decades). We can 100% trust them, especially when young adults have had a 98% survival rate from what was usually known to a variant of the common cold (medical encyclopedia 1989). But hey it's 2021, feelings/emotion is more valid than critical thinking.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Seems like you also have a lot of feelings and emotions on this as well.

Differences of opinion are pretty strong on covid. We have a thread dedicated just for that. Feel free to air those feelings there.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27128&p=621666#p621666

I think we can all agree, it is nice to not have a guy in that seat that doubles and triples down on any controversial topic.

With that said. I hope we move forward with our leadership overhaul sooner rather than later and it has absolutely nothing to do with this blip.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: February 4th, 2021, 7:39 pm Seems like you also have a lot of feelings and emotions on this as well.

Differences of opinion are pretty strong on covid. We have a thread dedicated just for that. Feel free to air those feelings there.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=27128&p=621666#p621666

I think we can all agree, it is nice to not have a guy in that seat that doubles and triples down on any controversial topic.

With that said. I hope we move forward with our leadership overhaul sooner rather than later and it has absolutely nothing to do with this blip.
There's a difference between truth and feelings. Sometimes people put the two together. Everything I stated can be found based on research. Those who usually do not do so themselves could see it as feeling or emotions (not directly pointing at you). I just mentioned it since it applies to the topic mentioned above and why the response of people are ridiculous(human nature). That's all I'm pointing out :lol:
By cruzan_flame13
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 4th, 2021, 7:45 pm If they would’ve had masks on during the snowball fight it’s a non issue. That’s what the policy was and that’s what they broke.
Yes and make people pass out (strong possibility). In China, especially because of the pollution that they obtain, people pass out and even die while doing hyper activity(not sure much a fun fact). Just saying.
Last edited by cruzan_flame13 on February 4th, 2021, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: February 4th, 2021, 7:57 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 4th, 2021, 7:45 pm If they would’ve had masks on during the snowball fight it’s a non issue. That’s what the policy was and that’s what they broke.
Yes and make people pass out (strong possibility). In China, especially because of the pollution that they obtain, people pass out and even die while doing hyper activity(not sure much a fun fact). Just saying.
We are a second chance university. :D :D 8) Or we could give Prevo the needle for such a heinous infraction. smh.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: February 4th, 2021, 9:53 pm This isn't the reason Prevo shouldn't have that position. I hope that doesn't get lost in all of this.
Absolutely 100%. There are many reasons Prevo should be replaced sooner, rather than later. The no mask thing and being dumb enough to even respond to it, is at the bottom of the list. IMHO.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: February 4th, 2021, 9:53 pm This isn't the reason Prevo shouldn't have that position. I hope that doesn't get lost in all of this.
What is lost is any significant sign of a new president being appointed /selected soon. I'm sure you'll appreciate the future president's comment on twitter (I had to :D ).

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
This is just more of a reason to get this guy out, yesterday. A real leader would not allow this press release to be made public, or even written in the first place. It shows a real lack of leadership and weakness.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
A really good book I recommend if you're interested in psychology and church leadership is When Narcissism Comes to Church. We all think of pastors and heads of organizations as being the ones afflicted with narcissism but there is a chapter devoted to the systems themselves being narcissistic. The leader is forced out because of the abuse they've inflicted on everyone and then new people step up and continue it. I just don't see how anything will ever change as it's basically the good old boys club keeping each other accountable.
JK37 wrote: February 5th, 2021, 8:33 pm What’s he doing that’s bad? I get a lot of the enablers remain, and that’s not ideal. But I don’t feel like someone must pay. Prevo seems harmless to me.
Enabling, funding, and encouraging Falkirk and everything involved with it.

On top of that, he was the biggest enabler of Jr. He doesn’t deserve the position.
rogers3 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: February 5th, 2021, 8:33 pm What’s he doing that’s bad? I get a lot of the enablers remain, and that’s not ideal. But I don’t feel like someone must pay. Prevo seems harmless to me.
JC didn't like Gill saying to God be the glory. He's hard to please. :lol:
Purple Haize liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He enabled Jr for a decade. Anybody who contributed to his enabling directly or indirectly should be gone. To me, there really is not much more to it than that.

But the statement put out by the school today sure makes it seems like Prevo is their man. It helps keep things in place and the only thing that actually changes is Jr not being in the chair.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]