This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

ballcoach15 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 17th, 2020, 3:26 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 2:59 pm Bad location for an ABC store.
Why?
It is too close to Liberty University. (just my opinion)

It's like the deal in some venues where a strip club cannot be within a certain distance of a church or school. We do need morals in our communities.
So you feel it’s proximity violates a zoning issue?
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:45 pm
thepostman wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:42 pm Are you of rhe opinion that this will bring an uptick in crime or something?

Most people who drink aren't raging alcoholics.
I think he believes that LU students do not drink already and will be filled with temptation from the "devil's nectures" :lol:
They aren't even shy about it anymore. Last time I was in Lynchburg I saw several people who I assumed were students (with LU hoodies on) buying beer after the football game at the Sheetz closest to campus. When i was a student the students would at least not wear any LU gear. They are so bold now. :lol:
Purple Haize wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:57 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 17th, 2020, 3:26 pm

Why?
It is too close to Liberty University. (just my opinion)

It's like the deal in some venues where a strip club cannot be within a certain distance of a church or school. We do need morals in our communities.
So you feel it’s proximity violates a zoning issue?
Only for the holy roller fundamentalist zoning official known as ballcoach.
thepostman wrote: July 17th, 2020, 5:29 pm
cruzan_flame13 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:45 pm
thepostman wrote: July 17th, 2020, 4:42 pm Are you of rhe opinion that this will bring an uptick in crime or something?

Most people who drink aren't raging alcoholics.
I think he believes that LU students do not drink already and will be filled with temptation from the "devil's nectures" :lol:
They aren't even shy about it anymore. Last time I was in Lynchburg I saw several people who I assumed were students (with LU hoodies on) buying beer after the football game at the Sheetz closest to campus. When i was a student the students would at least not wear any LU gear. They are so bold now. :lol:
Dang - that is bold. I agree that when we were students, most would at least take the LU gear off - except the ones who were dumb enough to also post pictures of them drinking on Facebook or Myspace, then complain when they got caught. Times have indeed changed.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]