This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 15th, 2020, 1:22 pm Seven Hills, Virginia could be a cool name.
Or how about Rome, VA or Jersualem, VA since those are also cities of seven hills.
Although Jersualem was once a town in VA. It's where Nat Turner was hanged for leading a slave rebellion. Yeah, that probably wouldn't be a good idea.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Doubt if there will ever be a name change. Just so much stupidity, but no surprise to see Jerry jump in.
By Jonathan Carone
Lake City, TN changed their name to Rocky Top, TN a few years back. They had a population of 1800 and it cost them $40,000 just to change all the signs around town. That doesn't include letter head, business cards, police decals, etc.

Changing a name is ridiculously expensive.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: July 15th, 2020, 12:19 pm
SumItUp wrote: July 15th, 2020, 10:49 am
ballcoach15 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 10:40 pm Liberty, VA sounds good.
Liberty University
University of Lynchburg --> University of Liberty
Virginia University of Lynchburg --> Virginia University of Liberty
Which will prompt JFJR to change the name of our great school to Falwell U.
Then when people ask where I got my degree, I can say FU
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 15th, 2020, 4:10 pm
flamehunter wrote: July 15th, 2020, 12:19 pm
SumItUp wrote: July 15th, 2020, 10:49 am

Liberty University
University of Lynchburg --> University of Liberty
Virginia University of Lynchburg --> Virginia University of Liberty
Which will prompt JFJR to change the name of our great school to Falwell U.
Then when people ask where I got my degree, I can say FU
Merchandise would fly off the shelves
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote: July 14th, 2020, 8:50 am
TH Spangler wrote: July 11th, 2020, 9:24 am Seriously, I think a name change would great. Totally unrelated, town was name after a man named Lynch and shamfull lynching are it the areas history. Unfortunate.

How about Seven Hills, Virginia. Has a nice ring to it. I can hear it now. The Ole Miss Rebels are traveling to Seven Hills Virginia to face the Liberty Flames. Actually Ole Miss might want to think about a new team name asap!
Oh that storm is coming for Ole Miss, not a matter of if at this point its when. They could get ahead of it and go the Star Wars rebel route, maybe give their shark mascot a lightsaber or something!
Doubt they could even get the rights for anything Star Wars related.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 15th, 2020, 2:31 pm Lake City, TN changed their name to Rocky Top, TN a few years back. They had a population of 1800 and it cost them $40,000 just to change all the signs around town. That doesn't include letter head, business cards, police decals, etc.

Changing a name is ridiculously expensive.
And lest not forget all the pains in the jerk it will cost for everyone that lives or owns a business here. They would have to change their mailing address everywhere.
ballcoach15 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?!

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll: