This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
He gained a little credibility with me when he made his half-apology.

That credibility has once again been ruined.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 6:41 pm I can't believe the audacity that Jerry displays. He is not fit to be the administrator of a large institution. What a buffoon.

https://wset.com/news/local/its-been-an ... -lynchburg
I’m calling :BS :BS on soo much of this article. I’ve run into people confusing us with the Home of Jack Daniels
LUOrange liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 10th, 2020, 6:51 pm I actually don’t have a problem with this one. He makes solid points. I’ve experienced the things he described.
Your response disappointed me!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I don't think this will happen because of the overwhelming political and historical inertia of maintaining the status quo, but I have no problem with Jerry supporting it. For anyone who doesn't know it's origins (ie. MOST OF THE WORLD) the name signifies either mob justice or Jack Daniels.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I think the solution should be to educate people on history, instead of dumbing it down for ignorant people.
LUOrange, Purple Haize, LUminary and 1 others liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 7:44 pm I think the solution should be to educate people on history, instead of dumbing it down for ignorant people.
Great. I appoint you to find a way to"coach up" the 329,000,000 or so "ignorant" Americans who don't know the local history.
ballcoach15 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 10:47 pm Tip of your brown nose?
I was thinking further south
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 10:47 pm Tip of your brown nose?

JK, you should be suspended from message board. When you coached, you probably led conference in technical fouls, considering your lack of sportsmanship.
TH Spangler liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I am positive I got more than JK
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 10th, 2020, 10:20 pm Does anyone know where Falwell, VA is ?
Somewhere along a railroad track
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Part of me wonders if he seriously wants this to happen, if he's overcompensating for that tweet, or is trying reverse psychology - those who hate him but want the name change may no longer want the name to be changed because he does.
JK37 liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 11th, 2020, 8:25 am Part of me wonders if he seriously wants this to happen, if he's overcompensating for that tweet, or is trying reverse psychology - those who hate him but want the name change may no longer want the name to be changed because he does.
4D chess
jbock13, ATrain liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Maybe I’m just being too cynical, but I almost feel like he’s implying that Lynchburg has wronged LU so much in the past, so he sarcastically says sure, change the name.

I’ll admit it’s a stretch, but that was my first thought.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He made a point of saying the negative connotations of Lynchburg were part of the reason for changing the school's name. That's not how I recall it. At least from a non-insider perspective, that was presented as being all about avoiding confusion with Lynchburg College, while emphasizing the school's focus on patriotism..
Purple Haize, JK37 liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Seriously, I think a name change would great. Totally unrelated, town was name after a man named Lynch and shamfull lynching are it the areas history. Unfortunate.

How about Seven Hills, Virginia. Has a nice ring to it. I can hear it now. The Ole Miss Rebels are traveling to Seven Hills Virginia to face the Liberty Flames. Actually Ole Miss might want to think about a new team name asap!
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]