This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 15th, 2020, 1:22 pm Seven Hills, Virginia could be a cool name.
Or how about Rome, VA or Jersualem, VA since those are also cities of seven hills.
Although Jersualem was once a town in VA. It's where Nat Turner was hanged for leading a slave rebellion. Yeah, that probably wouldn't be a good idea.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Doubt if there will ever be a name change. Just so much stupidity, but no surprise to see Jerry jump in.
By Jonathan Carone
Lake City, TN changed their name to Rocky Top, TN a few years back. They had a population of 1800 and it cost them $40,000 just to change all the signs around town. That doesn't include letter head, business cards, police decals, etc.

Changing a name is ridiculously expensive.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: July 15th, 2020, 12:19 pm
SumItUp wrote: July 15th, 2020, 10:49 am
ballcoach15 wrote: July 14th, 2020, 10:40 pm Liberty, VA sounds good.
Liberty University
University of Lynchburg --> University of Liberty
Virginia University of Lynchburg --> Virginia University of Liberty
Which will prompt JFJR to change the name of our great school to Falwell U.
Then when people ask where I got my degree, I can say FU
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: July 15th, 2020, 4:10 pm
flamehunter wrote: July 15th, 2020, 12:19 pm
SumItUp wrote: July 15th, 2020, 10:49 am

Liberty University
University of Lynchburg --> University of Liberty
Virginia University of Lynchburg --> Virginia University of Liberty
Which will prompt JFJR to change the name of our great school to Falwell U.
Then when people ask where I got my degree, I can say FU
Merchandise would fly off the shelves
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote: July 14th, 2020, 8:50 am
TH Spangler wrote: July 11th, 2020, 9:24 am Seriously, I think a name change would great. Totally unrelated, town was name after a man named Lynch and shamfull lynching are it the areas history. Unfortunate.

How about Seven Hills, Virginia. Has a nice ring to it. I can hear it now. The Ole Miss Rebels are traveling to Seven Hills Virginia to face the Liberty Flames. Actually Ole Miss might want to think about a new team name asap!
Oh that storm is coming for Ole Miss, not a matter of if at this point its when. They could get ahead of it and go the Star Wars rebel route, maybe give their shark mascot a lightsaber or something!
Doubt they could even get the rights for anything Star Wars related.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: July 15th, 2020, 2:31 pm Lake City, TN changed their name to Rocky Top, TN a few years back. They had a population of 1800 and it cost them $40,000 just to change all the signs around town. That doesn't include letter head, business cards, police decals, etc.

Changing a name is ridiculously expensive.
And lest not forget all the pains in the jerk it will cost for everyone that lives or owns a business here. They would have to change their mailing address everywhere.
ballcoach15 liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]