This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

User avatar
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
#595882
Ted Cruz also announced his candidacy at convo.
User avatar
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
#596063
So now half of Washington State wants out, wants to join Idaho.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
#596074
TH Spangler wrote: February 18th, 2020, 1:51 pm So now half of Washington State wants out, wants to join Idaho.
If I had the deal with the level of leftist insanity that comes out of Seattle, I'd want out too.
User avatar
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
#596166
TH Spangler wrote: February 18th, 2020, 1:51 pm So now half of Washington State wants out, wants to join Idaho.
Are you sure you don't mean Oregon & part of California?
User avatar
By Ill flame
Posts
#596168
Basically the rural parts of every liberal State wants to join a nearby conservative State or become their own State. Eastern Washington, northern California and southern Oregon, parts of Colorado, upstate New York, non Chicago illinois, and now parts of Virginia wants out. Am I forgetting anyone?
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
#596182
Ill flame wrote: February 20th, 2020, 11:49 pm Basically the rural parts of every liberal State wants to join a nearby conservative State or become their own State. Eastern Washington, northern California and southern Oregon, parts of Colorado, upstate New York, non Chicago illinois, and now parts of Virginia wants out. Am I forgetting anyone?
Precisely. Our electoral college system at work, ladies and gentlemen.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
#596219
It's like redistricting. After every election, we're going to have to redraw every state border.
While I appreciate the Vexit sentiment, I think overall it's damaging.

And on a side note, I HATE this stupid (& lazy) habit we have of taking any type of slogan or buzzword, and re-applying it to everything thereafter. Brexit, Watergate, etc etc etc etc etc.... We have a complete inability to talk normal in our media culture.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
#596235
ALUmnus wrote: February 21st, 2020, 1:27 pm

And on a side note, I HATE this stupid (& lazy) habit we have of taking any type of slogan or buzzword, and re-applying it to everything thereafter. Brexit, Watergate, etc etc etc etc etc.... We have a complete inability to talk normal in our media culture.
And to think that we’ve been doing it for almost 50 years!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
#596319
Ill flame wrote: February 20th, 2020, 11:49 pm Basically the rural parts of every liberal State wants to join a nearby conservative State or become their own State. Eastern Washington, northern California and southern Oregon, parts of Colorado, upstate New York, non Chicago illinois, and now parts of Virginia wants out. Am I forgetting anyone?
Western Maryland also wants to breakaway from the eastern part of the state, some parts of Vermont want to join New Hampshire, and liberal El Paso actually wants to join New Mexico.
By lynchburgwildcats
Posts
#596644
Jonathan Carone wrote: February 10th, 2020, 9:45 am
thepostman wrote: February 10th, 2020, 7:20 am I'm not big on publically questioning ones salvation but I'll say this, a lot of the things Jr says in the name of politics are hard to swallow since he is the leader of a Chrisrian university.
I don't ask that question lightly at all. But over the last few years, here's the evidence we do have:
  • He's abdicated any and all spiritual responsibility for the school.
  • He's been publicly mean-spirited towards people who disagree with him.
  • He has stated faith should have no impact on business.
  • He's told people to keep their faith to themselves and not let it impact their public life.
  • His emails have included name calling and insulting remarks towards people.
We're told we'd know followers of Jesus by the fruit of their actions. The only fruit we've seen the past few years has been rotten. My question is do we have any evidence of the contrary? I'm not asking for him to preach a sermon or to be perfect or anything like that. By all evidence I can see or have seen, the only time he claims Christ in recent years is when it's a personal or financial gain for himself.

So my question remains: do we have evidence that he's currently living a Christian life?
There aren't many Christians on this Earth if that's the kind of standard you are holding them all too. Not that I disagree with it, just saying.
The COVID-19 Megathread

Just go ahead and wear an official surgical mask o[…]

ASUN Tournament

You must have had a decent English prof. at LU. […]

Maricopa County audit

Things are heating up in AZ and it's not even summ[…]

I don't know all that much about the place, but […]