This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Don't care about a bookstore when it's the year 2020 but Hobby Lobby expansion is nice. I went to one outside of Richmond that was gigantic and was quite nice. One here doesn't have quite as much stuff that interests me but their holiday sections always seemed legit.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
As far as I know, there isn't a current Christian Bookstore in town with the vacancy of Lifeway. I personally do not purchase many print books, but local churches often depend upon the local bookstores to carry certain items.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Mardel rocked back in the day. They have been closing them up everywhere in the past decade.
Think we gave them a "sweetheart" deal? I do think it is good for our community.
By cruzan_flame13
alabama24 wrote: February 4th, 2020, 12:20 am
Sly Fox wrote:Mardel rocked back in the day. They have been closing them up everywhere in the past decade.
Think we gave them a "sweetheart" deal? I do think it is good for our community.
That could be the case, although their could be some other alternatives of having this store. For a couple years, people who support Liberty have been moving to Lynchburg or nearby. This could be resourceful for those who do not purchase their Christian necessities online. Of course this is a risk, but things can change as Lynchburg continues to grow. Sometimes that's hard to see lol
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]