This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
While you're stuck in ALL THAT TRAFFIC, might as well pull off an check out some new restaurants.

Cheesy's will be in the Dickey's site. Cheesesteaks (30 different kinds!) and craft beer.

Crab Du Jour will be opening in the old Ruby Tuesday site (which has been empty for years). They serve Cajun seafood, which will be a nice change for Lynchburg.

Anyone try the new wings place next to Chipotle? We're big patrons of East Coast Wings, just wondering how good that little place on Wards is.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cajun has finally arrived in the Burg? Ah-EEEEE!

So there is now decent TexMex, BBQ and possibly Creole in town? Lynchburg is becoming more livable for this Texan by the day.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I tried East Coast Wings (out in Forest, right?). Not bad at all. They have my favorite type of sauce so I’m golden!
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
When it comes to chain restaurants, it's all about management. The ECW in Lynchburg is very popular, we like it a lot.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 27th, 2019, 12:36 pm I tried East Coast Wings (out in Forest, right?). Not bad at all. They have my favorite type of sauce so I’m golden!
One of the frustrating things to me is trying to determine the caloric value of said sauces. It is much more complicated than other, similar joints.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 27th, 2019, 12:29 pm
ALUmnus wrote: August 27th, 2019, 11:15 am We're big patrons of East Coast Wings,
Not to hijack this thread, but this is amazing to me. The one here in my town is terrible and has been for years.
The ones in Kernersville and High Point are pretty mediocre.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]