This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I've heard rumblings but nothing remotely confirmed so I hesitate to post it publicly but it would be odd if this was indeed happening considering this person just joined the school's administration earlier this year.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't know the details but this individual hasn't been in this position for very long so it is more odd than anything. I am sure others on the board know where more than I do but for the sake of privacy probably won't say much.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
What I have been talking about is academic related. I am guessing that is what everybody else is talking about too since this thread was started in the Lynchburg life forum. Anybody who has more concrete info and is free to share feel free to do so.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
I have heard General Young is stepping down and Dr. Borek is taking his place. Dr. Godwin is set to assume a new role and Anthony Beckles is set to return as CFO...

Could all be rumors...
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I know nothing - however, the most high profile person to be added to the faculty/academic administration roster this year is former US Representative Dave Brat
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
prototype wrote: August 16th, 2019, 2:49 pm I have heard General Young is stepping down and Dr. Borek is taking his place. Dr. Godwin is set to assume a new role and Anthony Beckles is set to return as CFO...

Could all be rumors...
I assume this is not Ron “Godwin”. I Would be shocked if he ever had a position at LU again.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 20th, 2019, 8:57 pm All i know is there will be a new provost soon but I know very little about it so your guess is a good as mine.
That is related to what I have heard, for sure.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
What was the point of this thread again?
By LUAlum1215
Not necessarily administration so to speak, but Len Stevens has taken a job as Co-anchor with WFXR news in Roanoke. Haven’t seen anything official that he left LU, but one has to think it would be near impossible to do both.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 7:59 am Not necessarily administration so to speak, but Len Stevens has taken a job as Co-anchor with WFXR news in Roanoke. Haven’t seen anything official that he left LU, but one has to think it would be near impossible to do both.
He's no longer with Liberty. Rumor is he was let go.
By LUAlum1215
flamehunter wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 2:23 pm
LUAlum1215 wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 7:59 am Not necessarily administration so to speak, but Len Stevens has taken a job as Co-anchor with WFXR news in Roanoke. Haven’t seen anything official that he left LU, but one has to think it would be near impossible to do both.
I heard that about 30 minutes after I posted
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
If he was the "spokesmen" in the story quoted below from Higher Ed Journal he deserved to be fired.

By 2017, the Rawlings School of Divinity’s enrollment had dropped to 13,688 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students, or 15.8 percent of Liberty’s online enrollment.

Reached by telephone after being presented with those figures Friday, a Liberty spokesman said they were inaccurate. He said he had nothing “quotable” to offer in an interview. Inside Higher Ed informed him that the conversation was on the record. The spokesman reiterated that the numbers were not correct.

“You can publish them, and the day after you publish them, we’ll let the world know your enrollment numbers aren’t correct,” he said. “You might want to go back to your source and say, ‘Button down your numbers.’”

Inside Higher Ed had not disclosed the source of the information. The enrollment figures came from annual disclosure reports Liberty is required to file for bondholders who lent the university money, including through tax-exempt bonds issued through a state agency in 2010. The introductions to the reports bear the signature of Liberty’s senior vice president of finance.

In a telephone interview later, Falwell and several other administrators acknowledged the statistics as correct.
Dumb!
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: August 24th, 2019, 10:05 pm
If he was the "spokesmen" in the story quoted below from Higher Ed Journal he deserved to be fired.

By 2017, the Rawlings School of Divinity’s enrollment had dropped to 13,688 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students, or 15.8 percent of Liberty’s online enrollment.

Reached by telephone after being presented with those figures Friday, a Liberty spokesman said they were inaccurate. He said he had nothing “quotable” to offer in an interview. Inside Higher Ed informed him that the conversation was on the record. The spokesman reiterated that the numbers were not correct.

“You can publish them, and the day after you publish them, we’ll let the world know your enrollment numbers aren’t correct,” he said. “You might want to go back to your source and say, ‘Button down your numbers.’”

Inside Higher Ed had not disclosed the source of the information. The enrollment figures came from annual disclosure reports Liberty is required to file for bondholders who lent the university money, including through tax-exempt bonds issued through a state agency in 2010. The introductions to the reports bear the signature of Liberty’s senior vice president of finance.

In a telephone interview later, Falwell and several other administrators acknowledged the statistics as correct.
Dumb!
Since when have people in the Admin spoken independently? If Len said that, he likely was told to say much the same. When I read the comment, it sounded like the words of a specific person in the Admin that was not Len.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]