This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well if they had kept it as originally planned and a storm HAD hit during the ceremony, would you still be complaining that they didn't have a contingency plan and that would still be a "big dumb mistake"?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Regardless of Opening Ceremonies, I had opportunity to watch softball, along with boys basketball and girls basketball over the weekend. I was impressed with the amount of good young talent I saw. (12-14 year olds). Hopefully these games will pay off with some recruits down the road.

I overheard some parents talking at softball stadium, saying what an honor it was to play at LU. They also commented on how easy it was to get to LU.
By ElmersTwin
badger74 wrote: August 5th, 2019, 9:26 am I know that BUT there was hardly a cloud or any threat hat night. They panicked because it rained the night before. Storms happen around here. BFD
Per usual, people forget about the back-end work that it takes to make those ceremonies possible. It's a gamble whether it's opening ceremonies or outdoor concerts. It's better to err on the safe side than the other.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]