This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
President Trump is announcing his 2020 re-election bid tonight in Orlando.

We should have a contest to see who can guess the date he will return to Liberty University., again. Whoever gets closest wins.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I say never
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple, you probably have been "eliminated" from contest. I think there's a 99% chance he returns to speak at a Convo.
By Saint Augustine777
I think it's always a good thing when a POTUS speaks on campus.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I predict September 2020, but it could very well be anytime after January 1.

Purple, why do you say never ? Are you a Elizabeth Warren supporter ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 20th, 2019, 3:09 pm I predict September 2020, but it could very well be anytime after January 1.

You’re the flaming liberal on the board as you’ve proven over and over
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My guess is he won't visit Liberty this time around because there are other voters he is going to work harder to get. He came to Liberty for the purpose to convince the religious right that he was indeed with them even after he got elected. At this point, it's been proven that nothing will sway that group of voters. So it would be smart to spend his time and money elsewhere on areas of the country that aren't so quick to cast their vote for him again.

With that said, the Dems have done an absolutely horrid job so far and I can't see any of their potential candidates beating Trump.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 20th, 2019, 4:36 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: September 20th, 2019, 3:09 pm I predict September 2020, but it could very well be anytime after January 1.

PH, I may be the most conservative individual on this board.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 20th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Oh we’ve proven time and again that while you are older you most certainly are a Bernie Bro :D
By Class of 20Something

This is probably why were having such a difficult time differentiating you from radical liberals. The further right you go, the closer you get to them.

By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Fox News poll today showed Trump loses to every Dem leader head-to-Head. Close with Bernie, Kamala and Warren. Biden wins by 12.

Just a poll. But a conservative (foxnews) one. And just 16 months out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: September 20th, 2019, 10:22 pm Fox News poll today showed Trump loses to every Dem leader head-to-Head. Close with Bernie, Kamala and Warren. Biden wins by 12.

Just a poll. But a conservative (foxnews) one. And just 16 months out.
Meh. After 2016 Polling took on an entirely different dynamic. You really need to break it down State by State etc. Then you have the very real phenomenon of people not saying they are going to vote for Trump when being surveyed even when they are. Remember until about 830 on election nite every poll, even exit polls had HRC winning
As for Biden I’m not sure he’s even the leader among Democrats anymore
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Makarov: the “whether you like it or not” resonates very little with me. I voted for Trump in 16, and I plan to again as of this moment.
By chris leedlelee
After last years election, I give very low credence to polls. Trump is an outlier in the political realm, including in polling. While Dems may run up the popular vote in California and New York, they will struggle to win votes in the Midwest and other key states, because of their hard left stance. My prediction is a much closer result if we have a centrist Biden vs Trump matchup than a Warren vs Trump matchup. Warren only appeals to journalists and upper-class college-educated whites, because she is one of them. While Trump may have a low approval rating, so do the Democrats at this point. (Nancy Pelosi, an establishment Democrat, is running at negative 17 points in favorability rating.)
By CCWMichael
The election is over. No American flags at ANT Democratic debates. The silent majority takes this election again.
The Dem debates are not base in any reality unless you want you ketchup to identify as red mustard.
https://twitter.com/larryelder/status/1 ... 5640609794
Trump does show at Liberty and it will be close to the election so to be different I will say October.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts

Maybe the most neoconservative (tied with Makarov).
By ElmersTwin
Class of 20Something wrote: September 20th, 2019, 8:17 pm

This is probably why were having such a difficult time differentiating you from radical liberals. The further right you go, the closer you get to them.

For the record, I'm excited to see Dave Rubin show up at convo this fall.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The horse shoe theory is really fascinating and very much helps describe what is going on in our country today and it's political climate.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]