This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

badger74 wrote:With new and better concert venues opening around LYH are there any restrictions on the shows LU students can attend?? College students are usually the key market for concert tickets.
No reason not too.
I know the new group that purchased the old place downtown is the same group that runs Lock’n. They found they draw far far more people from Lynchburg than Charlottesville or anywhere else and that surprised them. What they’ve got planned is really gonna be cool
The fine arts theater thingy they refurbished is really really nice. Not a bad seat floor level. Just saw Richard Marx there and he did a completely unplugged song and they heard it just fine in the balconies.
thepostman wrote:I graduated 11 years ago and i dont remember there being a rule about not going to concert venues. If there was I have a ton or reps I need to pay some fines on. Haha
I’m sure you and your friends can hack the system. :lol:
thepostman wrote:I graduated 11 years ago and i dont remember there being a rule about not going to concert venues. If there was I have a ton or reps I need to pay some fines on. Haha
I was on campus from '99-'02 and we went to several concerts in Salem without issue. We'd come back after curfew and get harassed by LUPD, but never got in any trouble for going to rock shows.
Purple Haize wrote:
I’m sure you and your friends can hack the system. :lol:
There wasn't a rule. Some students (i.e. those of us who graduated in the 2000s) are more equal than others (those who graduated before us).
badger74 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Where are these concert venues at in Lynchburg ?
Glass House, 5th and Federal, Old Auditorium on Main, Riverfront, Academy, Lockn site, Phase II, Ellington etc
I’ll be at Stryper at Phase 2 in a week and a half!
As long as you were back by curfew (or signed out properly), there was no issue with going to "mainstream" concerts. Frankly if I could have, I would have gone to more than the one I went to for my 25th birthday
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]