This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In today's News Advance, there were several letters to editor endorsing Robey. Looks as if he has a lot of support.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:In today's News Advance, there were several letters to editor endorsing Robey. Looks as if he has a lot of support.
There have been several letters of support for other candidates too. The first one I saw online for today was for Wells.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Gosh, that name Robey sounds so familiar. For old local sports fans, wasn't there a prolific girls basketball coach from the Lynchburg area with that same last name?
If you look on page 14...... you will also see a recently retired Sports Science Professor in the picture

https://digitalcommons.liberty.edu/cgi/ ... aper_92_93

Page 26 mentions her again but left off 2 additional years
http://www.liberty.edu/media/1912/women ... d_Book.pdf

http://vhscainc.homestead.com/MILESTONE ... chor_13098
“She was smart enough to recognize him for the fraud he was back then” - Person who Messaged me :lol:
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
What's cool is the tradition she started at Brookville continues to this day as they are a perennial favorite to win the district. She established a good foundation. I had forgotten that Coach Farver was an assistant there for her.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:What's cool is the tradition she started at Brookville continues to this day as they are a perennial favorite to win the district. She established a good foundation. I had forgotten that Coach Farver was an assistant there for her.
If memory serves they had been winless the previous 4 seasons or so. Everywhere she’s gone (Brookville LC LU Glass Heritage) have had successful. I do think this last step will be her most challenging but she loves the school Based on that she gets a Mulligan on her choice of husbands the first go around :lol: He set the bar so low that as long as you don’t hit her or commit a felony you’re ahead of the game :pbjtime :cheerleader :cheerleader :checkeredflag

PS I have no idea who you are but thank you for your kind words about her. She’s still close with Dr Farver who comes to several games a year
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:When was she at LU ?
As a player coach or professor? The articles give you that information. Although the LU year book only has her down for 1 instead of 3 years
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
All I know is I heard that she was an assistant coach at LU , and she may have been in the hunt for the HC job when whoever was coaching back then left. I have no idea when this was.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Suffice it to say she knows what type of character that Candidate for Sheriff happens to actually have. He will fool some of the people but he’s a fraud.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If memory serves correctly, Coach Robey was on the short list of 3 to replace Rick Reeves, along with Coach Green, who was then an assistant with Clemson, and, sadly, I've forgotten the third member of that trio of coaches.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:If memory serves correctly, Coach Robey was on the short list of 3 to replace Rick Reeves, along with Coach Green, who was then an assistant with Clemson, and, sadly, I've forgotten the third member of that trio of coaches.
You are correct. The third was Roger Hodge Who is now at Coastal Georgia I believe. Of course by that time she wouldn’t have been Coach Robey :lol: Not saying that there wasn’t already another Mrs Robey it just wasn’t her
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Now I'm intrigued. Haha
You have access to every secret in the world at work. Just steal your boss’ password :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I could probably google it but I feel like PH version of events would be much more entertaining.
HA. I knew it! Google is a tool of The Deep State!

On an extra note I just saw one of his fliers where he claimed to be an FBI Counter Terrorism Special Agent. Which is interesting since he was never an FBI Agent. But no one will check. They will just be impressed by titles like that and phrases like “Joint Terrorism Task Force” but not actually ask for specifics
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
With the excitement in 2019, surrounding Liberty football , basketball, baseball and softball, who would ever have thought that the hottest thread on ASOR would be the Bedford County Sheriff's election, between candidates that most know nothing about.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:With the excitement in 2019, surrounding Liberty football , basketball, baseball and softball, who would ever have thought that the hottest thread on ASOR would be the Bedford County Sheriff's election, between candidates that most know nothing about.
Ha. That’s what makes this place great. LU is out so not much going on. Plus this is a big deal in the area because Bedford hasn’t had a new Sheriff in 20 years. And I certainly know plenty about one of them :lol:
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
It is a somewhat dead time on campus, but There is the Softball Camps next week . Four days of camp for high school players. I normally would be there all 4 days, but I will be out of the area all week at a conference.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah that normally doesn't move the needle. My #sources tell me that this is much more juicy story than high school softball players.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
You have access to every secret in the world at work. Just steal your boss’ password :lol:
8)
Last edited by rogers3 on June 8th, 2019, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
So, you need to level with us and explain this disdain for your family member.
I have no family member in the race for Bedford County Sheriff
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Sheesh guys. I knew nothing about any of this until reading this thread. I’ve now read nothing but this thread and I’ve pretty much figured it all out.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Sheesh guys. I knew nothing about any of this until reading this thread. I’ve now read nothing but this thread and I’ve pretty much figured it all out.
Bwahaha. Truth is sometimes better than fiction.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Congress, and everything else in D.C., is a corpor[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]