This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Upon information and belief... TLDR.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: September 15th, 2023, 2:01 pm Upon information and belief... TLDR.
Read some it. Whatsthetruth makes me think of this guy.
What does the older brother in the prodigal son mean?
Self-righteousness cannot exist without producing an attitude of moral superiority, a lack of mercy, and a joyless servitude. The elder brother of the prodigal in Jesus' parable is a living picture of these characteristics that always suckle at the breast of self-righteousness.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
$100 is a great deal on a fire pit. Do they still have any in stock?

All these revelations show, not that Jr should not have been fired, but that all of them should have gotten the axe.

And infidelity among LU staff, faculty, and executives has existed and known for years, as sad as that is. I don't think the school has the stomach to fire people for moral failures.
ATrain liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I ask because, several of the old examples of impropriety he mentions were well-known, as was their penance and repentance. They went away for awhile, and they came back penitent.

He doesn’t seem like he’s very repentant. JJ is airing dirty laundry in an effort to win some sort of PR game. As if by laying out the sins of other our attenton may be diverted from his. It’s only going to backfire.

Who was watching the board while these abilities to profit were established? It’s thinly-veiled pettiness. I wouldn’t want to be him when he’s before the throne, tearing down the university and the legacy his father built.
flamehunter liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m confused about who is suing who in the Bon Air dispute. A Falwell suing a Falwell?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I, for one, am enjoying all of this being aired out. It's unfortunate that everyone will wind up ignoring all of this because, go liberty!
ATrain liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
And one of the Bored members is in bidness with one of the biggest con-man in VA. He knows it 100%, but he needs the money, so morals are put aside for self-aggrandizement.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: September 16th, 2023, 6:00 pm And one of the Bored members is in bidness with one of the biggest con-man in VA. He knows it 100%, but he needs the money, so morals are put aside for self-aggrandizement.
Not to mention obvious signs of early dementia for the last few years.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: September 17th, 2023, 1:02 pm
flameshaw wrote: September 16th, 2023, 6:00 pm And one of the Bored members is in bidness with one of the biggest con-man in VA. He knows it 100%, but he needs the money, so morals are put aside for self-aggrandizement.
Not to mention obvious signs of early dementia for the last few years.
Man, what a ride. :D :D
Whatisthetruth wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 8:13 am Jerry Falwell Jr. knows where all the bodies are buried at Liberty University

https://currentpub.com/2023/09/21/jerry ... niversity/
Let it all come out, and result in a total overhaul of members of the Board of Trustees (except newly hired Dr. Costin). Although some of what is mentioned has been well known for several years (i.e. Dr. Hindson's affair with his wife's sister). I pray after everything is revealed, the victims get justice, those struggling with addictions are healed, and everyone comes to repentance and is able to mend fences.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jr is right. Since he was forced out, so should the board. Finally, Jr and I agree on something! :lol:

We all saw this coming. Cleaning house was what was needed. It wasn't done and here we are.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 10:07 am Jr is right. Since he was forced out, so should the board. Finally, Jr and I agree on something! :lol: :)

We all saw this coming. Cleaning house was what was needed. It wasn't done and here we are.
I’ve been saying that since Day 1. Glad people are finally realizing this :D
ATrain, Baybird liked this
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Actually this would have been more approrpriate in a different thread. But it is certainly worthy of discussion. And there is plenty of blame to go around in many directions.

It will be interesting to see how the university manages these challenges.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]