This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
I don’t see Jr settling, too big of an ego. He’s going to try and take the board down with him and in fact he’s already starting by tweeting the McFarland situation.

I’m all for it if that’s what it takes to get them all gone.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
My thoughts are the board will end up dropping it once it becomes clear Jerry will pull no punches. I'd imagine he has some dirt on them too. Once they realize he will play dirty, they'll drop it.

But if it does get to court, it will be extremely ugly. A lot of mud slinging.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This is what happens when the Corrupt turn on the Corrupt. Junior is gonna fight this even, and maybe especially, if he knows he’s 99% certain to lose. This is absolutely why the Board should have been cleared out, C Suites cleared out and have a fresh start. Junior knows where the bodies are buried with these clowns. They know exactly what he did. A fresh start could have still initiated a law suit if necessary or just let him keep the money. But if Junior went after the new folks it would be apparent to all its sour grapes.
I’m breaking out my Whirley Pop and cooking up some popcorn in some peanut oil cause this is going to be entertaining
thepostman, ballah09, rtb72 liked this
To piggy back on the knows where the bodies are idea:

Jerry is smarter than every single person he’s fighting against right now. He’s also more manipulative. He’s been setting up everything these past five years to protect himself in this fight. Prevo and the rest of his clan have no clue what they’re in for if they take this one.

The Board got played by a smart, manipulative narcissist and now they’re going to be shown for who they are.
Purple Haize, rtb72 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I don't know that Jr. did anything illegal. Maybe not returning LU property. Certainly immoral, but don't see how that goes against him in the secular world. The bored must have something on him, because I know for certain, that as a body, they were more than willing to pay him the $10M to make him go away.
It might get interesting, because as someone already said, I am sure that Jr. knows a lot he can tell on the bored too.
The sooner JP goes, the better.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:To piggy back on the knows where the bodies are idea:

Jerry is smarter than every single person he’s fighting against right now. He’s also more manipulative. He’s been setting up everything these past five years to protect himself in this fight. Prevo and the rest of his clan have no clue what they’re in for if they take this one.

The Board got played by a smart, manipulative narcissist and now they’re going to be shown for who they are.
I think you’re giving Jerry too much credit. It’s clear that he lets his emotions get in the way of sound behavior and decisions. His behavior is what walked him out of his position at LU.

He’ll play dirty but I’m not sure that will get him the result he’s looking for.
ATrain, Just John liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: April 17th, 2021, 7:51 pm
PAmedic wrote: April 17th, 2021, 7:01 pm I’m good with that if it gets us a fresh start 👍🏼
It might just as easily destroy the University
Well Jerry did give us permission to burn it down if it lost its way...and well, we may not literally be burning it down, but if it figuratively burns and something better rises out of the ashes, like a Phoenix, so be it...
Yacht Rock wrote: April 17th, 2021, 8:23 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote:To piggy back on the knows where the bodies are idea:

I think you’re giving Jerry too much credit. It’s clear that he lets his emotions get in the way of sound behavior and decisions. His behavior is what walked him out of his position at LU.

He’ll play dirty but I’m not sure that will get him the result he’s looking for.
I agree he won’t get what he’s looking for. My larger point is he manipulated the current board into getting all the things they’re now complaining about. They weren’t smart enough to see it then. By their own admission with this lawsuit, they weren’t smart enough to see the signs things were going on. It’s a bunch of old men trying to hold on to power of something they’re all woefully unqualified to be leading.
k9saber liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: April 17th, 2021, 5:21 pm I don’t see Jr settling, too big of an ego. He’s going to try and take the board down with him and in fact he’s already starting by tweeting the McFarland situation.

I’m all for it if that’s what it takes to get them all gone.
There are times I wish he hadn't of blocked me years ago just for politely disagreeing with his viewpoint. :roll:
By Honest Abe
Purple Haize wrote: April 19th, 2021, 8:22 pm Had he embedded Crazy Train it would have been epic
My favorite quote from his rant - "A big power grab to rule LU and $2 billion endowment I built."

Yep, had nothing to do with the online cash-cow that was set in motion and streamlined before his "reign."

He needs help.
Just John liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
This may be bad for the board as far as self-preservation, but for those of us who have wanted accountability and transparency, it’s a win-win. Can’t move forward without confession and repentance, that’s Christianity 101.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 8:58 am This may be bad for the board as far as self-preservation, but for those of us who have wanted accountability and transparency, it’s a win-win. Can’t move forward without confession and repentance, that’s Christianity 101.
Though I agree, I don't know if this will bring forward any kind of confession or repentance. It may be the only way we even get close.

I just can't believe the board's legal team put this lawsuit together thinking it made them look good and didn't cause them to do some serious self reflection.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 9:08 am "I built". Two words you never heard come out of his father's mouth.
I think anybody who was a student while he was still living lost count of how many times he called LU "God's school". Needless to say, I can't imagine Jerry Sr would be very happy with the words "I built" being used.
flameshaw, Just John liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 9:20 am
stokesjokes wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 8:58 am This may be bad for the board as far as self-preservation, but for those of us who have wanted accountability and transparency, it’s a win-win. Can’t move forward without confession and repentance, that’s Christianity 101.
Though I agree, I don't know if this will bring forward any kind of confession or repentance. It may be the only way we even get close.

I just can't believe the board's legal team put this lawsuit together thinking it made them look good and didn't cause them to do some serious self reflection.
Maybe not personal repentance, but I hope at least institutionally we get something. Gotta air the dirty laundry if you want to clean it.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]