This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:53 am
Purple Haize wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:39 am Just heard Juniors explanation and that he apologized. So I’m ok with that.
Do you need a lesson on how to copy and paste now too??
Suck it!

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, that isn't a real apology man but good job with the copy and paste! I'm proud of you, you can have your jello today. :lol: :lol:

Anyways yeah, there is no indication he actually believes it is bad behavior but he regrets posting it pubically and is going to "try to be a good boy".
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 5th, 2020, 2:01 pm Yeah, that isn't a real apology man but good job with the copy and paste! I'm proud of you, you can have your jello today. :lol: :lol:

Anyways yeah, there is no indication he actually believes it is bad behavior but he regrets posting it pubically and is going to "try to be a good boy".
I pointed out the apology to the young lady involved. The rest....
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: August 5th, 2020, 2:08 pm
thepostman wrote: August 5th, 2020, 2:01 pm Yeah, that isn't a real apology man but good job with the copy and paste! I'm proud of you, you can have your jello today. :lol: :lol:

I pointed out the apology to the young lady involved. The rest....
Fair enough.

He should probably get a bit more rest before doing any other interviews.
Purple Haize liked this
TH Spangler wrote: August 5th, 2020, 2:12 pm I'm glad Jr's spiritual mentor is back. Turner please keep an eye on him. :lol:
Turner's agenda for lesson #1:

1. Don't belittle faculty, staff, and students in email or person. Or belittle anyone for that matter
Last edited by Whatisthetruth on August 18th, 2020, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jr and the lady in the photo, know each other very well. I doubt she was surprised at the behavior, or the photo. No one is still talking about the root cause of all of this mess. Maybe Jr. can seek some help from his pastor where he attends church regularly. :shock:
Just John liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 5th, 2020, 12:23 pm What got overshadowed in this entire mess was the Slate article about that exact topic that came out on Sunday:

Liberty’s football team has indeed come a long way since its inaugural season in 1973, when the Flames lost their first game to Massanutten Military Academy by 10 points. Liberty now plays in the top division of college football, the Football Bowl Subdivision, formerly known as Division I-A, and earned its first bowl victory in December. But to get to where Falwell Jr. wants to be, the university needs the caliber of athletes—many of them Black, like Land and Clark—that he has increasingly alienated with his far-right activism.
https://slate.com/culture/2020/08/liber ... ports.html
Slate? LOL. Calling it fish wrap would be an insult to fish wrap.
sstaedtler liked this
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 5th, 2020, 4:04 pm
Whatisthetruth wrote: August 5th, 2020, 3:28 pm 2. Don't take naked pictures of your wife and have them leak out
And by leak you mean share them with others to brag on how hot your wife is, right?
That is correct Jonathan!
Last edited by Whatisthetruth on August 18th, 2020, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Haize, Just John liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: August 5th, 2020, 4:10 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: August 5th, 2020, 4:04 pm
Whatisthetruth wrote: August 5th, 2020, 3:28 pm 2. Don't take naked pictures of your wife and have them leak out
And by leak you mean share them with others to brag on how hot your wife is, right?
That is correct Jonathan!

Another curious thing is in the WLNI interview he said those were old pants that didn't fit. However, in the trailer park video they fit just fine? I am so confused..... :dontgetit
So what is the girls excuse? She was wearing old pants that didn't fit either? lol.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: August 5th, 2020, 3:56 pm Jr and the lady in the photo, know each other very well. I doubt she was surprised at the behavior, or the photo. No one is still talking about the root cause of all of this mess. Maybe Jr. can seek some help from his pastor where he attends church regularly. :shock:
FWIW, with the big grin on her face, she didn't look too upset but Junior should have never put her, or himself, in that position - Capt. Obvious.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The way she is slightly leaning away tells a different story. My wife also instantly could tell she looked uncomfortable. I'll take her observation on this over random dudes on a message board. He also mentioned that she was embarrassed by it which is why he took it down to begin with.
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
The slate article is mostly garbage. Virtually nobody that left was anybody that actually wanted to be here. Jrs explanation makes sme sense as haize said and could be kind of funny in person. As oldflame said the wisdom of posting and the the drinking part and posting is whats so stupid. However he also sounds like a stammering drunk in the interview which doesnt help.

Recruit wise. From everything i hear its had impact with tidewater only a select few who we may be better off without anyway. Its hard to argue that its severely impacting recruiting when we have 16 commits most of which are 3 star and on pace for highest class again. Basketball is already almost full through 22 and baseball is going at a high level. Those are facts. The article is full of hyperbole that sounds good if you want it to be true.

Facts are jr needs to clean up his act for the sake of the pr of the school. But to argue its impacting recruiting is a tough argument. A 3 star kid today with ap state kentucky and maryland offers committed. As far as being about the staff. Its always about the staff and facilities for athletes. Duh. Thats everywhere.

The argument against jr is that imagine what the pr could be like if he would tone down the personal antics. I dont care about the politics but dont have all these skeletons in your closet.if your going to put yourself out there. Better yet dont self post them! That was the one of the few valid points in the article about how liberty was changing the pr narrative nationally until this stuff popped up.
Purple Haize, LUOrange liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah the effect on recruiting is minimal. Players care more about coaching staffs and cool stuff. We have quality coaches and we have a lot of cool stuff.

Jerry's antics will have a more negative impact in keeping alumni involved and invested in Liberty which is already hard enough to accomplish as it is.
Purple Haize liked this
thepostman wrote: August 5th, 2020, 5:37 pm The way she is slightly leaning away tells a different story. My wife also instantly could tell she looked uncomfortable. I'll take her observation on this over random dudes on a message board. He also mentioned that she was embarrassed by it which is why he took it down to begin with.
I think people agree with you.

By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Seriously. We are going to call that sexual assault?? Thats a ridiculous stretch by prior. Its a stupid look and immature look and a bit elitist to have that type of party and post it publically. Poor decision all around but no way id go that far.

Were better off without her if thats the best she can do.
LUOrange liked this
Purple Haize wrote: August 5th, 2020, 8:39 am Just heard Juniors explanation and that he apologized. So I’m ok with that.
The best apology is learning and changing your behavior. If you keep having to apologize for acting’s mike an idiot, you’re not apologizing for acting like an idiot, you’re apologizing for getting caught.
thepostman wrote: August 5th, 2020, 10:02 am Yeah, I'd be removed from my position pretty quickly even if I apologized.

It is just is tiring at this point. I accept his apology but like I tell my children, just because you apologize doesn't mean there aren't consequences.

This is a pattern and I'm kind of over it at this point.
I’d be fired so fast that I wouldn’t even have the chance to apologize.
jinxy wrote: August 5th, 2020, 11:24 pm Seriously. We are going to call that sexual assault?? Thats a ridiculous stretch by prior. Its a stupid look and immature look and a bit elitist to have that type of party and post it publically. Poor decision all around but no way id go that far.

Were better off without her if thats the best she can do.
I don’t read her tweet as claiming sexual assault. She was saying just because the girl is smiling doesn’t mean she’s comfortable with what’s going on. Abuse of power doesn’t mean sexual abuse.
Just John, JK37 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]