This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Jonathan Carone
paradox wrote: November 20th, 2020, 6:39 pm That was actually your neighbor dressed like Falwell lurking around on campus. He's hoping that he can get inside your head and prompt you to take that flag off your lawn.
He's got a Trump one on his house, so I think he'd be okay with my Liberty one.

The pole was here before us. I want to get rid of it.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jr. is not coming back. Don't know how this stuff gets started. First, the current board is not very happy with him, especially the ones who didn't know he has a drinking problem. Kinda makes them look silly.
If/when we get a new board, the last thing they will want to do is bring back trouble. Besides, I don't believe the current student body or most alumni, would stand for it. Kinda hard to have a school with no students.
This is just another reason to get a new leader in place, with some sort of urgency. Put a final close to the Jr. regime.
jinxy liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't actually think he will be back but the fact he shows up shows how little he respects the current leadership. Makes them look like a huge joke.

He posted the pictures to throw it in our faces and to make sure to take credit it for it.
By cruzan_flame13
thepostman wrote: November 20th, 2020, 7:38 pm I don't actually think he will be back but the fact he shows up shows how little he respects the current leadership. Makes them look like a huge joke.

He posted the pictures to throw it in our faces and to make sure to take credit it for it.
A frat at heart.
By LikeLU
If Jr is allowed back in any way it will show that LU doesn’t care about being a real University and it will be the last straw for a lot of people who went through a lot of crap defending LU through the years because of him.

The goal of a University President isn’t supposed to be to make it harder for their graduates to get a job when they graduate. If he comes back a significant amount of people will leave and/or not consider the school as a viable option any longer.
phoenix liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He seems kinda toxic. He’d have to go through a tremendous PR makeover to be palatable to donors or perspective students. Look no further than the LU football coach. That guy has completely owned his mistakes and is open about his errors He’s gone through the process of rehabbing his image, of which LU is a part, and is earning back respect. That’s how these things are done. I can’t see Junior doing that
thepostman, rtb72 liked this
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 21st, 2020, 11:40 am He seems kinda toxic. He’d have to go through a tremendous PR makeover to be palatable to donors or perspective students. Look no further than the LU football coach. That guy has completely owned his mistakes and is open about his errors He’s gone through the process of rehabbing his image, of which LU is a part, and is earning back respect. That’s how these things are done. I can’t see Junior doing that
Bingo.
By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 20th, 2020, 6:31 pm If Jr comes back we could win a national championship and I wouldn't care.

It's been so nice being able to publicly support the school again. I've got a flag on a 25 foot flag pole in my front yard. I've bought more gear. I'm proud of the school again. He comes back and I'm out.
100% all of this. Any notion, even extremely remote, that he could come back would be an abdication of leadership and moral failing on the part of the board. He's not welcome and needs to be written off. I'm all for redemption, but that joker can find redemption elsewhere. I'm proud of LU currently. I was ashamed and embarrassed when the anti buck stops here was running things.
By chris leedlelee
bluedevilflame wrote: December 10th, 2020, 3:19 pm Jerry Falwell Jr. drops defamation suit against Liberty University

https://newsadvance.com/news/local/libe ... ium=social
Shouldn't have ever sued in the first place. Coming clean, explaining what was actually true, and demonstrating repentance for the sins that actually were committed would've helped Jerry far more than a lawsuit ever could have.
Just John, ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote: December 10th, 2020, 3:19 pm Jerry Falwell Jr. drops defamation suit against Liberty University

https://newsadvance.com/news/local/libe ... ium=social
“Go away and we will still give you your 10 milly and we won’t look too deep into any shadiness “
bluedevilflame liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
The suit alleged Liberty’s actions “drastically reduced” Falwell’s ability to be publicly involved in businesses and charity organizations. It also claimed Falwell has not been invited to appear on television or to other events as a result of the allegedly defamatory statements.

“In addition, the Defamatory Statements have caused Mr. Falwell immense anguish as he now is deeply concerned that third parties will hold horribly false impressions of him,” the suit stated.

I guess Jerry forgets that his 3 way conversation was played in the national media (don't make her jealous...), and that he did a radio interview in an obviously impaired state. He is persona non-grata due to his own stupidity.
I think ballcoach or TH might give him a job, so there's that.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: December 11th, 2020, 11:12 am The suit alleged Liberty’s actions “drastically reduced” Falwell’s ability to be publicly involved in businesses and charity organizations. It also claimed Falwell has not been invited to appear on television or to other events as a result of the allegedly defamatory statements.

“In addition, the Defamatory Statements have caused Mr. Falwell immense anguish as he now is deeply concerned that third parties will hold horribly false impressions of him,” the suit stated.

I guess Jerry forgets that his 3 way conversation was played in the national media (don't make her jealous...), and that he did a radio interview in an obviously impaired state. He is persona non-grata due to his own stupidity.
I agree with your assessment of his chances. Unfortunately, sometimes it seems our legal system protects the offender more than the offended. That’s what made him think he had a chance.

That said, there’s no reason to go there with TH and BC. C’mon man!
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
It makes you wonder what has changed since he began the suit. I think it was discussed that it was less about winning and more about strategy to keep his money. Backroom deal seems like an obvious possibility. Perhaps he got word of the "investigation" results (which will no doubt produce only minor infractions) and no longer needs this card to play.
Jonathan Carone liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 11th, 2020, 11:24 am
rogers3 wrote: December 11th, 2020, 11:12 am The suit alleged Liberty’s actions “drastically reduced” Falwell’s ability to be publicly involved in businesses and charity organizations. It also claimed Falwell has not been invited to appear on television or to other events as a result of the allegedly defamatory statements.

I agree with your assessment of his chances. Unfortunately, sometimes it seems our legal system protects the offender more than the offended. That’s what made him think he had a chance.

That said, there’s no reason to go there with TH and BC. C’mon man!
Oh, no offense intended! Wanted to leave room for folks who seemed pretty supportive of him over the years. :lol:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: December 11th, 2020, 12:07 pm It makes you wonder what has changed since he began the suit. I think it was discussed that it was less about winning and more about strategy to keep his money. Backroom deal seems like an obvious possibility. Perhaps he got word of the "investigation" results (which will no doubt produce only minor infractions) and no longer needs this card to play.
I heard there was another shoe yet to drop and it was financial in scope. Maybe he decided to take the many marbles he had and move on. When you think about it, how hard is it to defame someone like Jr.? :lol:
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 14th, 2020, 10:31 am Falkirk needs to be shut down tomorrow and Prevo needs to be gone as well. Get that mess out of here.
I can actually see a benefit from something like the Falkirk center. But it needs to change its name at the very least
By Jonathan Carone
Purple Haize wrote: December 14th, 2020, 11:33 am
Jonathan Carone wrote: December 14th, 2020, 10:31 am Falkirk needs to be shut down tomorrow and Prevo needs to be gone as well. Get that mess out of here.
I can actually see a benefit from something like the Falkirk center. But it needs to change its name at the very least
What benefit does a partisan think tank that spends millions of dollars on partisan lobbying and produces no academic material bring Liberty?

Did you read the article about the things they're doing? That has no place at Liberty.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defeated […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]