This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:[I’m not sure that’s as LUcrative
FIFY :D
Purple Haize liked this
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Of course JR would blame a random group of never-Trumpers that honestly nobody even cares about.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:30 am What if this is a 4d chess move wherein Jerry makes himself look so incredibly terrible while at the same time throwing his lot against the school thus making the school play the role of the antagonist to evil Jerry. What a self sacrificial guy.

Exactly. He's all about doing what's in the best interest of the university. Consummate team player.

By LUAlum1215
thepostman wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:50 pm Man, I just read through the whole law suit. All the blame is going onto the pool boy and the Lincoln project. Completely ignoring everything else along the way. He is getting a 10 million dollar payout. If he loved the school as much as he says, he'd just move on.
Link, or at least point me in the right direction of where to find it?
By Whatisthetruth
Lawsuit page 13, point 46. "Granda also illegally recorded phone calls and FaceTime communications with Mrs. Falwell without her consent."

Throwback to March 2010. Falwell Jr secretly tapes Lynchburg Mayor.

https://www.au.org/church-state/may-201 ... ly-records

"Falwell defended his actions by claiming he was just trying to make sure Lynchburg officials kept promises they had allegedly made to him."
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 29th, 2020, 4:24 pm Here you go. It is quite the read.

SOURCE

Also apparantly the site hosting it is experiencing a lot of traffic.
Got this message when I clicked:

This website is under heavy load (queue full)
We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later.

I can only imagine how many people are trying to access it :shock:
As I read this I kept coming back to this thought. If Jerry Falwell Jr was truly repentant over his own sin and was working on his sanctification then none of this would be going on. For his sake and the church where he is a member, I hope church discipline is pursued if it already has not. I hurt for his soul and how all this has affected his relationship with Becki, their kids and his family. This lawsuit is nothing more than selfishness and pride.
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: October 29th, 2020, 4:51 pm As I read this I kept coming back to this thought. If Jerry Falwell Jr was truly repentant over his own sin and was working on his sanctification then none of this would be going on. For his sake and the church where he is a member, I hope church discipline is pursued if it already has not. I hurt for his soul and how all this has affected his relationship with Becki, their kids and his family. This lawsuit is nothing more than selfishness and pride.
Really makes me wonder what Jonathan must think of all this drama.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Well, after JR resignation, he stated that "the world doesn't need another hypocrite." He also said something to the effect that caring about politics can be a good thing but it's not the only thing and it's certainly not what the Gospel is about.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
FlamesHighontheTide wrote: October 29th, 2020, 4:51 pm As I read this I kept coming back to this thought. If Jerry Falwell Jr was truly repentant over his own sin and was working on his sanctification then none of this would be going on. For his sake and the church where he is a member, I hope church discipline is pursued if it already has not. I hurt for his soul and how all this has affected his relationship with Becki, their kids and his family. This lawsuit is nothing more than selfishness and pride.

What makes you think that he's involved with a church?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote: October 29th, 2020, 1:07 pm
Purple Haize wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:56 pm
thepostman wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:50 pm Man, I just read through the whole law suit. All the blame is going onto the pool boy and the Lincoln project. Completely ignoring everything else along the way. He is getting a 10 million dollar payout. If he loved the school as much as he says, he'd just move on.
I think the problem Junior might be having is that he can’t trade on his name or that of the University anymore and that’s seriously hurting his business opportunities. By not being able to affix any organization to his name he’s Just Jerry. I’m not sure that’s as lucrative
And circle gets the square, that is exactly what is going on.
I’m smarter than look. Just call me Charles Nelson Reilly.
bluedevilflame liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Anybody notice he hasn't tweeted in months? You couldn't keep him from tweeting any dumb thing that passed in between his ears as chancellor. Even when there was a ton of heat on him. It was always "personal opinion" not LUs. Yet as soon as he's not representing the school... silence.
Liberty22, stokesjokes liked this
By Jonathan Carone
LUconn wrote: October 29th, 2020, 6:33 pm Anybody notice he hasn't tweeted in months? You couldn't keep him from tweeting any dumb thing that passed in between his ears as chancellor. Even when there was a ton of heat on him. It was always "personal opinion" not LUs. Yet as soon as he's not representing the school... silence.
The suit mentions he tried to get work as a commentator and no one wanted him. Shows even more no one cares what he thinks unless he’s got the Liberty name attached.
By LUAlum1215
Jr is demanding a trial by jury. Does he really think he has any chance at judgement in his favor by a jury of Lynchburg residents? He has lost his mind. This can only be meant as ammo to reach a settlement outside of court.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote: October 29th, 2020, 4:57 pm

Really makes me wonder what Jonathan must think of all this drama.
I was just thinking the same thing. It is surprising how far the boys have fallen from Dad. I guarantee you Sr. would have addressed this head on. I feel for Jonathan though. I think he knew what his brother and sister in law's character. He just couldn't bring himself to do anything about it or even if he did address it privately he was not willing to alert the board or protect the ministry/school over family. Tough spot.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
LUAlum1215 wrote: October 29th, 2020, 7:59 pm Jr is demanding a trial by jury. Does he really think he has any chance at judgement in his favor by a jury of Lynchburg residents? He has lost his mind. This can only be meant as ammo to reach a settlement outside of court.
I think he really thinks he did nothing wrong! Hard to believe but I genuinely believe that. Sad.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I dont really know the finances but I thought I remember TRBC being bailed out by LU visavi their big expensive building. Or something like that. It's tough to call out the person holding the purse strings. Just gotta sit in the corner and watch Jerry do whatever he wants.
By Jonathan Carone
LUconn wrote: October 29th, 2020, 8:46 pm I dont really know the finances but I thought I remember TRBC being bailed out by LU visavi their big expensive building. Or something like that. It's tough to call out the person holding the purse strings. Just gotta sit in the corner and watch Jerry do whatever he wants.
This might be the best joke on this website in a long time.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
I hope Jerry still lurks! I'd guess Jon hit the nail on the head; if he doesn't sue to settle he won't get a payout. I just wonder if he really has the cash to fight the monster he created and I certainly don't believe a jury will help him. Even in middle school, Jerry was known as a brash bully but maybe he has met his match. He has a dim future but maybe he can make some money in personal injury work.
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: October 29th, 2020, 8:46 pm I dont really know the finances but I thought I remember TRBC being bailed out by LU visavi their big expensive building. Or something like that. It's tough to call out the person holding the purse strings. Just gotta sit in the corner and watch Jerry do whatever he wants.
Are we accepting candidates for post of the year yet? This has to be a contender!

Congress needs to get involved and pass a law capp[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from […]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]