This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: September 12th, 2019, 2:30 pm I'm slightly annoyed that my post was deleted for saying something sounded hateful yet several posts calling a group of people sodomites is cool.
Makarov deserves at least a timeout. He’d be banned on better moderated :wink: boards.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe there's "more smoke than fire" in this entire deal. Anyone who puts faith in a news outfit, needs to find another source of information. Most news outfits are "professional liars" and fiction writers.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 12th, 2019, 3:03 pm the moderators have full time jobs but all of this will be addressed this evening.
I don't see one thing in this thread that violates any rule. Some can dish it out but cant take incoming. Crybaby

After all this forum isn't edited like the LU news paper is, right? :lol:
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
So I was reading how University of Masters lost their accreditation because of “conflicts of interest regarding student financial aid, staff without qualifications for their positions and “a climate of fear, intimidation, bullying and uncertainty” among faculty members.”

We fit the criteria of losing our accreditation. If we do, we can get the boot from the NCAA. Just saying.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 3:12 pm I believe there's "more smoke than fire" in this entire deal. Anyone who puts faith in a news outfit, needs to find another source of information. Most news outfits are "professional liars" and fiction writers.
Did you call somebody a liar? You can only call jr that here. I'm sure this will be deleted by the moderators. :roll:
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
This thread is becoming laughable. well it was laughable before because of the subject but man some of ya'll really need a lesson in critical thinking. That being said don't take the bait. the idea is to crash and burn this thread so hard that its left alone by the people with actual thought provoking comments and critical thinking skills. If you cant see whats going on in the last 4 pages then I don't know what to tell you.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ADMIN NOTE

We have clear guidelines about personal attacks. The philosophy of this board has always been to allow more freedom in discussion but this thread has started to spiral out of control. I will be moderating this thread much more strictly than other threads. If you can not discuss this issue without making a personal attack then refrain from posting until you can articulate your thoughts in a constructive way.

I have gone through and deleted some posts in this thread and will probably delete more as I have more time. For clarity please reference our forum guidelines:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26624
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 3:02 pm
LUconn wrote: September 12th, 2019, 2:30 pm I'm slightly annoyed that my post was deleted for saying something sounded hateful yet several posts calling a group of people sodomites is cool.
Makarov deserves at least a timeout. He’d be banned on better moderated :wink: boards.
Well played. :D
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 12th, 2019, 3:48 pm ADMIN NOTE

We have clear guidelines about personal attacks. The philosophy of this board has always been to allow more freedom in discussion but this thread has started to spiral out of control. I will be moderating this thread much more strictly than other threads. If you can not discuss this issue without making a personal attack then refrain from posting until you can articulate your thoughts in a constructive way.

I have gone through and deleted some posts in this thread and will probably delete more as I have more time. For clarity please reference our forum guidelines:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26624
There are plenty of personal attacks in this thread. The media isn't a person though, so you can leave ballcoach's post about them :lol:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I have been supportive of the Falwell's for 40+ years. I am not going to change that overnight, or over a few days, based solely on some looney-left media reports. I am inclined to be more patient. Especially since many of the resident haters here, seem to be too excited. There will be much more information coming out I am sure, from both sides.
However, I do find it interesting that we all of a sudden, have a more restrictive enforcement of the "bored " rules. Especially since LU wanted to make sure this was board was not officially affiliated with the university.
Finally, don't know who makarov is, but hard not to like a guy who has that moniker. Love my many, many Makarov's, great little gun. Everyone should own a few. :)
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: September 12th, 2019, 4:13 pm I have been supportive of the Falwell's for 40+ years. I am not going to change that overnight, or over a few days, based solely on some looney-left media reports. I am inclined to be more patient. Especially since many of the resident haters here, seem to be too excited. There will be much more information coming out I am sure, from both sides.
However, I do find it interesting that we all of a sudden, have a more restrictive enforcement of the "bored " rules. Especially since LU wanted to make sure this was board was not officially affiliated with the university.
Finally, don't know who makarov is, but hard not to like a guy who has that moniker. Love my many, many Makarov's, great little gun. Everyone should own a few. :)
makarov gets the "post of the year award" :!:
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
makarov97 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:40 pm People believe what they want to believe because of their particular agenda, which just so happens to be tied to acceptance of sodomites and other perverts and embracing the PC culture and feminization of America.

The media are proven liars, particularly when it comes to anyone or anything associated with the President or Conservatives.

They run cover for Gov. Blackface and Rapist Fairfax, but seek the heads of anyone with an (R) after their name.

The fact that anyone would trust anything that the media says, given their track record, betrays their own hidden agenda. Particularly when what the media has revealed hasn't even been that bad.
You must be a blast at parties lol
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:50 pm Hinkley and Keys? Wow. Those dudes bleed LU.
I wonder if the “off campus gym “ referred to was Crosswhite

It is. It was becoming quite the club before I ended my membership. It was typical to see many C level folks there at any given point during the day.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Someone should create a bingo card of words Makarov will post in every one of his posts.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: September 12th, 2019, 2:50 pm In hindsight, on family vacation in Florida Jr would have probably passed on the nightclub stop. If I remember right I saw some cool pictures he posted of fish they caught on a sportfishing trip that week. Typical vacation stuff. To bad I can only afford myrtle beach a beach music dive and a head boat. :lol:
Not a typical vacation. It was Rick Hendrick's $35,000,000 super yacht.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
A question for those of you still defending Jr:

At what point will you budge?

If a report comes out tomorrow that he cheated on Becki, will you continue defending him as long as the report isn’t from an approved conservative media outlet?

If he gets a DUI, are we going to blame the cop that pulled him over?

If he’s suspected of murder, are you just chalking it up to “fake news”?

At what point will “enough be enough”? Because if you’re just going to defend him blindly, regardless of what’s actually transpired or simply because the wrong media outlet reported it, you’re worshiping Jr., not God.

I am genuinely interested in hearing just how far some of you are willing to go.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
After reading both sides of this thread I feel that The Dark Side has new members on one hand but is also sort of now The Moderate Side. I’m not sure how I feel as it’s Potentate
I can’t believe people are just discarding the information because of The Media. Which makes you wonder what they believe and where they get their information from. Or how this type of information should get out
Also people, mainly people who Tupac a thread, think anything Junior does is one step away from The Mark of the Beast.
I will be very very surprised if anything happens. This is who Liberty is now. For better or worse
By Jonathan Carone
Here are the two things I find most interesting:

1) Jerry has yet to deny any of these things. He has said they were obtained illegally but hasn’t tried to say he didn’t say these things or didn’t treat people how he’s accused of treating them.

2) Jerry (and his supporters) continue to make this about Trump or the liberal media. Most people I’ve talked to about this who want Jerry out actually voted for Trump. This isn’t about his political affiliation. It’s about how he treats people and his overall lifestyle. Politics has nothing to do with it.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Kolzilla41 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 4:47 pm
TH Spangler wrote: September 12th, 2019, 2:50 pm In hindsight, on family vacation in Florida Jr would have probably passed on the nightclub stop. If I remember right I saw some cool pictures he posted of fish they caught on a sportfishing trip that week. Typical vacation stuff. To bad I can only afford myrtle beach a beach music dive and a head boat. :lol:
Not a typical vacation. It was Rick Hendrick's $35,000,000 super yacht.
Well those head boats are pretty price too. :lol: Jerry if you read this ballcoach and I want to fish with you and Rick next year ..... but let's skip the the Wall and go find some good beach music. 8)
Last edited by TH Spangler on September 12th, 2019, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
makarov97 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:35 pm Absolutely laughable? A hit piece from FRICKIN ROOTERS? Chopped up e-mails that even as manipulated, twisted and chopped by ROOTERS aren't bad?

The 2015 email about parking that ROOTERS is making a big deal out of? Telling kids that they need to follow the rules or go to another college? Wah.

The 2010 email about the retarded kid? Nothing there either. He said that he was a nice kid. Period. He just made an observation that he was emotionally imbalanced and physically retarded. Oh wait... that's what the holier than thou crowd doesn't like. Jerry used an NON-APPROVED NON-PC TERM.... Wah.

Notice that ROOTERS didn't provide partial screen grabs of the other e-mails. So I don't believe anything they say about those.
Is this a parody or the mentally challenged kid?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
My only concern is if those who are organizing a protest want Liberty to get further away from its mission. However, JR is certainly doing a good job of that himself.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]