This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Very good article. You can definitely see there's some bad blood between him and Jonathan. He kind of threw his mom under the bus as well, at least that's how I read some of his quotes.

Lastly, which is believable, is his claim of Franklin Graham trying to take over the school. He's just as scummy as he is.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m gonna disagree with the Franklin / Junior comparison. Yes Franklin has some concerning issues to some. But Juniors behavior was light years worse and not remotely comparable
LU 57, flameshaw, LUOrange liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
When I say this I'm thinking about his heavily father God not his earthly father, Sr. Jr's life journey seems to parallel that of the protocol son. Hope he finds his way home if he hasn't. And most of all I hope we don't adopt the prodigal sons, Elder Brother Syndrome.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It seems like Jr finally is saying out loud what has been assumed for a while about him which is refreshing. It is also clear that the right choice was made to move on from him and it is best for both parties. It is just a shame that we are still so far removed from all of this happening and so little has fundamentally changed.

EDIT:

This doesn't mean I think he is some kind of great guy for finally showing his true colors. He absolutely is not but at least he is finally being true to himself and not lying about who he really is. I don't think there is much harmony within that part of the Falwell clan at this point.
ATrain liked this
By CinciFlame
Registration Days Posts
A couple things things in that story. So Jr says he wasn’t a part of the hookups, but after you find out a guy is banging your wife, you invite him to stay at your house on his drive up to DC?

He threw his entire family under the bus. His mom, Johnathon and his dad. He basically said Jerry didn’t really believe much of what he was preaching, but knew it could be financially beneficial. What a scum bag.
flamehunter, LUOrange liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
He just nuked his dead mom. The reason everyone is the way they are, and why they subsequently blew up is because of her. What a guy.
Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This is the quote of the entire article. It sums EVERYTHING up. Yes he threw everyone under the bus but why wouldn’t he. Human nature. Not sure what the spat with Graham is about.

Of course, Jerry could have stepped aside if he didn’t intend to uphold the spirit of Liberty’s extreme social conservatism. But that would mean Jerry would have to give up the power and privilege the job offered. As president, Jerry flew on Liberty’s private jet and vacationed with billionaire donors. Jerry felt he had successfully compartmentalized his public and private identities for most of his life. Why stop then?

As for Vanity Fair itself they don’t exactly come off as unbiased arbiters. The two things I remember is they are still saying Trump misspoke when he said Two Corinthians (people say One or Two followed by the book. It’s not new). And the subscribe to the Fine People Hoax.

Basically I feel dirty after reading this and need to take a shower
TH Spangler, tyndal23, Baybird and 3 others liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
It’s still strange to me that of all the things, it was that stupid picture that blew it up. That was probably the most innocuous thing Jerry did in the last 6 years.

Why didn’t anyone in the admin or on the board care about his public arrogance and cruelty? Why did it take a picture that may have been in poor taste, but was clearly just Jerry in a costume comparing bellies with a pregnant lady?
By Whatisthetruth
stokesjokes wrote: January 24th, 2022, 5:28 pm It’s still strange to me that of all the things, it was that stupid picture that blew it up. That was probably the most innocuous thing Jerry did in the last 6 years.

Why didn’t anyone in the admin or on the board care about his public arrogance and cruelty? Why did it take a picture that may have been in poor taste, but was clearly just Jerry in a costume comparing bellies with a pregnant lady?
Stokesjokes, anyone who questioned Jr or his actions was removed from the board, or fired from their job, or treated so poorly they quit.

At least Jr is admitting he was in the job for the power and the money.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Which means the university’s issues are systemic and need to be dealt with as such. For all you “Jerry was the bad apple” folks, remember how that saying ends. “One bad apple spoils the bunch.”
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
There's just too much of what Jr say's that doesn't add up to me.

• His dad's reason for not drinking. Sr. may not have thought it was a sin but I think it was probably a bit deeper than "I don't want to lose control".
  • "My dad wanted to travel the world as an escape" - I've been told directly by Duke Westover who traveled with him regularly that Sr. always made it a priority to get back home the same night when he travelled if at all possible. Whenever there was a bad thunderstorm, Sr. would, if possible, leave the office and go be with Macel because she was very anxious about them.
  • Sr. "would find ways to take the edge off" and "would drink a whole bottle of Nyquil". I think he would have just got more cinnamon rolls from Hardee's or grilled cheese sandwiches (cheeseburger no patty) from Burger King. :D
  • "My dad didn't focus on Liberty (financially) until I got there". Now, maybe he didn't focus in the right way. but we all got the mailings several times a month asking for h$lp.
  • "My little brother tried to copy everything I did". Crybaby Crybaby Crybaby
Jonathon was very wise for having no comment on any of this.
thepostman, Purple Haize, LUOrange and 2 others liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: January 24th, 2022, 5:49 pm

At least Jr is admitting he was in the job for the power and the money.
That’s the biggest takeaway from the article
By Ill flame
I try to stay on the subject of sports and don't pay much attention to the academic side but I stumbled across this old article about an investigation into Jr's tenure being initiated from August 2020. Now that it's 2022 has anything come of that investigation? Is it ongoing or was everything swept under the rug?

https://www.liberty.edu/news/2020/08/31 ... stigation/
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Book coming out along with a Hulu series. Team Junior wants to suppress this. So, all of the sudden, we have this new sexual assault claim and veiled threat by Becki. Yet another opportunity to sue, and absurdly play the victim card. Public not buying any of it. Junior camp appears lost in their own world of half-truths and self-deception. Sad.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 25th, 2022, 11:45 am I’m surprised he admitted leaving would’ve forfeited money and power.

Main theme to me was Victimhood.

I wonder if he is happy with the story.

VF writer definitely had a bias, too.
Mostly against Doc. :roll:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah I mean clearly VF ran with this story because they are all in on smearing the Falwell name. Of course, Jerry Jr didn't have to help them do that but he doesn't seem to care about how it makes his dad, mom or brother look. I am glad he is at least being honest about who he is but it also no different than what many had already concluded. I just wish he showed signs of remorse but it doesn't appear that is in the cards for now. I would love for him to come to that place with God and his family but that is in God's hands now.

Of course, JP may be able to talk the talk a bit better, but he certainly is in the position of President of the University for similar reasons as Jr. The sooner we move on from Prevo and any others involved with enabling Jr, the better.
Purple Haize, Baybird, Just John and 1 others liked this
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Considering Vanity Fair is a Hollywood/fashion magazine, I'm willing to bet Jr reached out to them before Hulu's doc came out. I think it's more Jr smearing his own family. He basically called his own dad a con man and his mom a manipulate person. Blaming them for his own problems. He didn't do himself any favors trying to restore his image.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]